Good Call/Bad Call

Remove this Banner Ad

Another historical hindsight (and don't get me wrong, I loved the guy)

Good call/bad call

Kosi should have spent his entire career at CHB where he won the rising star. Allow him to just run straight at the ball and use his hands, not have to worry about peripheral vision as much.

Bad Call. Our backline was always fine with Maxy, Penny, Goose, Dawson, Fish etc over the years.

Good Call/Bad Call - Kosi should have spent more time in the RUCK during our peak.

Pushing him up the ground would have given us another tall mobile target coming out of the backline and helped us stay away from the "kick it to Roo" habit.

Good call, his purple patch in rds 14-17, 2005 (11 Brownlow votes) as a Ruck, floating forward, was dominant.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-st-kilda-saints--justin-koschitzke?year=2005

Should have played there more, unsure why he didn't. Injuries? Team balance?
I really liked Kosi. He wasnt a great player & he wasnt a crap player. Just a good player at times.
Showed promise when young, and yes he stood up fantastically in 2005.
But i dont think the rest of his career was dictated by the position he played in. I think Kosi just lost his mobility in the last 3rd of his career.
Became a handy pinch hitter in the ruck & a handy 2nd tall forward early in a game before he ran out of gas.
Its a shame his back wasnt managed better during the early Thomas yrs. Thats my opinion anyway.
So bad call, i think.

GCBC??

Nathan Wright will be a 200 game player for the Saints and will be named in the best players in our 2022 premiership side.

GCBC??

Carlton, due to poor list management and bizarre draft choices, will not win a final in the next eight years.

Good call/Bad call
Armo will finally step up and average 25+ posies, 7 tackles, 8 clearances and nearly a goal a game

Good call/Bad call
Armo will finally step up and average 25+ posies, 7 tackles, 8 clearances and nearly a goal a game

Not sure of exact stats, but reckon Armo will step up & take his SC scoring to 105, first year of 100+ - Goodish call(?) :confused:

Good call/Bad call
Have to go bad call here. He is what he is at this stage of his career IMO. Think he'll continue last years good form but don't think he's got that extra level in him.

Good call/bad call: Someone on our team WONT do a hammy this year?

GCBC??

Nathan Wright will be a 200 game player for the Saints and will be named in the best players in our 2022 premiership side.

GCBC??

Carlton, due to poor list management and bizarre draft choices, will not win a final in the next eight years.
Good call on Wright. He has the capabilities for sure, only time will tell.

Bad call on Carlton. 8 years is an eternity in football years. If they start a proper rebuild at the end of this year like they should have already they could be back in contention in 5 years.

Good call on Wright. He has the capabilities for sure, only time will tell.

Bad call on Carlton. 8 years is an eternity in football years. If they start a proper rebuild at the end of this year like they should have already they could be back in contention in 5 years.
You're assuming they're capable of doing a rebuild well. All evidence from recent history suggests they haven't got the first darn clue.

You're assuming they're capable of doing a rebuild well. All evidence from recent history suggests they haven't got the first darn clue.
This is true, but you just never know. We have turned it around pretty quick in recruitment so even Carllton can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCBC: Making any football performance calls even as little as 3 years ahead is idiotic. And that includes our hopeful rise up the ladder.

Look at a player like Hawkins: Spuds McKenzie (only slight exaggeration) to gun within a 3 year period. Port rags to riches, us GF to cellar dweller. Hell I even recall hearing 'the Saints are in for a world of hurt for many years to come' in a game v Melbourne in 2007 while trying to adjust to Ross's game plan. 18 months later prelim, then from the very next game 19 wins on the trot.

Football changes quickly.

Edit: That turned out to be more of an outright rant rather than a GCBC.

Good call/Bad call

Good call, he only established as a regular under Watters then has had bad luck with injury. At the level of maturity and experience to become better especially with Steven and Montagna and a few kids to take some heat of him. Doesn't play well with a tag but his best is excellent aggressive footy.

GCBC: Making any football performance calls even as little as 3 years ahead is idiotic. And that includes our hopeful rise up the ladder.

Look at a player like Hawkins: Spuds McKenzie (only slight exaggeration) to gun within a 3 year period. Port rags to riches, us GF to cellar dweller. Hell I even recall hearing 'the Saints are in for a world of hurt for many years to come' in a game v Melbourne in 2007 while trying to adjust to Ross's game plan. 18 months later prelim, then from the very next game 19 wins on the trot.

Football changes quickly.

Edit: That turned out to be more of an outright rant rather than a GCBC.

Bad call, bad rant call... glass half empty call.

With respect would you like the one above or the ones below.

Whitfield , Kelly , Shiel , Treloar , Ward, Griffen , Greene , Smith, Will Hoskin Elliott , Ahern , Pickett,
Cognilio , Scully, Palmer.

Or

Prestia, Swallow , Mckenzie,Kolajansi , Bennell , Matera, Rischellti, Gartlett, Ablett,

But comparing something to two of the most purposefully crafted lists in the league is going to end in failure every single time. We are looking at potential at the moment and we really don't know what ceiling there is for players like Newnes or Ross, Webster, etc. They could easily become elite and join the rankings of some of these players. Some of those players may end up falling away and not playing that much. We can't determine the future already.

I would want to add at least two out and out A graders to that list though.

Sure, I agree. I'm not trying to pretend like we have all the pieces yet but I think most of the core is there. I think we need a dynamic midfielder like Cockatoo appears to become and maybe another speedy, skillful ball user and we would be close. This year gives us that opportunity, I suppose.

Good call/Bad call

Richo is a good development coach through the week but isnt a good tactical coach (switching players, changing things up) on game day.

Good call/Bad call

Richo is a good development coach through the week but isnt a good tactical coach (switching players, changing things up) on game day.
Bad call.
When a lot of the players still need to develop physically & mentally in a football sense. You cant give them instructions to build a rocket.
Get them building a bird house first. When they are good at it then move on to something harder.
Just like Jack Steven's running action, its all about little steps:D

Good call/Bad call

Bad call, way too early call. Al Clarkson got off to a shocking start doing something similar and is now the best coach in the league.

Good call/Bad call

Good call BUT that doesnt make him a bad coach.

Yes he leaves the pieces on the board longer than most would but his role is about education and team building, not winning today at all costs.

In 3 years time if he is still not making any moves in tight games (Hi Ross you stubborn bastard) we can cry foul.

Good call bad call

Cats fans are going early with the Mitch Clark will bring us the 2015 flag calls.

Good call bad call

Cats fans are going early with the Mitch Clark will bring us the 2015 flag calls.
Good call.
Didnt Clark play on Kyle Cheney for most of the game??
No offence to Cheney but id kick a bag on him as well:p
Couldnt have pleased too many Dees supporters though:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back