Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Score!
$8
IMG_3864_zpsh6udhdnq.jpg
Surely not....

if anybody has a todd Goldstein, Drew Petrie, Dan Currie, Hamish McIntosh, David Hale etc PI they're willing to sell for a decent price that'd be great.
as long as it's not the Argentina stripes or last years nab cup jumper i'll be keen on it.

Haven't posted for awhile. A few notable additions to the collection over the last few months:

- 1996 Player Issue (#1 Steven King) Centenary Year Home Guernsey. I FINALLY managed to get the elusive missing piece for my 'Premiership Players Project' (my attempt to get a PI/MW of all 31 premiership players from Geelong's recent era of success - will try and post the entire collection in the coming weeks). The fact that this one is from the AFL Centenary year is an added bonus.
2ihxll2.jpg
k1q9nm.jpg

- 2002 Signed Match Worn (#3 James Bartel - Round 9 vs. Western Bulldogs) Home Guernsey. An oldie but a goodie. From Jimmy's second season at the club, back when he was simply known as James.
wv72jb.jpg
5yb4v6.jpg

- 2014 Signed Match Worn (#3 Jimmy Bartel - Round 23 vs. Brisbane) Premiership Commemorative Guernsey. Haven't been a huge fan of some of our recent 'one-off' guernseys (the fact that they're spewing out about ~3 a season is a bit of a joke), but this one which contains the name of every Geelong premiership player neatly arranged under the tiers of 3x, 2x, and 1x premierships makes for a really neat guernsey I think. Obviously hoping this guernsey becomes obsolete, but for now Jimmy's name proudly resides in the top 'gold' tier for 3x premiership players.
2hhdlic.jpg
1zlrl9h.jpg

- 2005 Signed Match Worn (#6 Brad Ottens - Round 20 vs. Melbourne) Heritage Round Guernsey. The club released some nice heritage round guernseys every year in the early-mid 00's and this one was one of my favourites. A rare guernsey, so this one sits nicely alongside my other one of Dasher Milburn.
mjn7kh.jpg
28slmcg.jpg

- 2014 Player Issue (#27 Mathew Stokes) Indigenous Round Guernsey. Not the biggest fan of this design, but I targeted getting Stokesy's one out of all the indigenous boys at the club. A lot of the others went for pretty decent prices, so I can only assume most other people had a similar mindset when it came to winning one of these from the Indigenous Round.
2mhihd1.jpg
spkyl4.jpg

- 2008 Signed Match Worn (#30 Matthew Scarlett - Hall Of Fame Tribute Match) Victoria Guernsey. Spurred by the success of cammania in acquiring Daniel Kerr's Dream Team guernsey, I set out to similarly get my hands on one of the Geelong boys' guernseys. All the players changed guernseys at half-time, so there's 2 of each floating around. Matty gave this one to his good mate Cam Mooney after lining up on him during the match, and added a cheeky personal message above his signature: "To Moons, the best player I have ever played on".
2j495p5.jpg
2utns5e.jpg

- 2010 Match Worn (#31 James Podsiadly - Round 19 vs. Collingwood) Gold Logo 85 Years with Ford Guernsey. Another one-off guernsey celebrating the club's 85 year partnership with Ford. Not a fan of the cats head design.
20glg7c.jpg
e13lgy.jpg

A few more to the mini Corey Enright collection I have going on.

- 2014 Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright - Round 23 vs. Brisbane) Premiership Commemorative Guernsey. See comments on the Bartel equivalent above - same applies here to Enright.
2e304t5.jpg
2e165ae.jpg

- 2014 Player Issue (#44 Corey Enright) Indigenous Round Guernsey.
icl02e.jpg
vq4pl0.jpg

- 2014 Signed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright - Round 5 vs. Hawthorn) Name-On Home Guernsey. From the infamous name-on guernsey round.
2e1zotc.jpg
2i9gvpd.jpg

I am still amazed that in the 2000's teams were stitching numbers on their guernseys??? I've seen some saints ones, and now this cats one from 2002, what's the go there? Why would they not just print them on?

Awesome collection and congrats on completing your project! What's next?

Cheers.

Considering starting mini collections on certain players and collecting PI/MW's of all types of guernseys worn by a player during their career (I believe a poster here did something similar for Quinten Lynch).

Will be tough, but I've got a reasonable head start on my Corey Enright collection. Would love to do one on Jimmy Bartel and potentially Joel Selwood if possible too. If anyone has anything from either of those players that they would be willing to part with, drop me a PM :)

Speaking of stitching, what's the go with the Hungry Jack's patch on this jumper?

kerr_zpsln0vdjf3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeah I've seen that one before, way to make an already shitty jumper, even worse!! Not sure what they were thinking!
Was Hungry Jacks the back sponsor? Because if so, Its a quick fix to give them publicity when the guernsey is framed (As you wouldnt be able to see the back

Was Hungry Jacks the back sponsor? Because if so, Its a quick fix to give them publicity when the guernsey is framed (As you wouldnt be able to see the back

Not at that time, I think it was 2010 we changed to alternating sponsors, and those hideous cuffs with the piping were on the retails until 2010 I think, maybe 2009 so it's just a retail 2008-10 which would have been SGIO front & back. Either way you choose to frame either front or back so they should just leave it as is.

Haven't posted for awhile. A few notable additions to the collection over the last few months:

- 1996 Player Issue (#1 Steven King) Centenary Year Home Guernsey. I FINALLY managed to get the elusive missing piece for my 'Premiership Players Project' (my attempt to get a PI/MW of all 31 premiership players from Geelong's recent era of success - will try and post the entire collection in the coming weeks). The fact that this one is from the AFL Centenary year is an added bonus.
2ihxll2.jpg
k1q9nm.jpg

- 2002 Signed Match Worn (#3 James Bartel - Round 9 vs. Western Bulldogs) Home Guernsey. An oldie but a goodie. From Jimmy's second season at the club, back when he was simply known as James.
wv72jb.jpg
5yb4v6.jpg

- 2014 Signed Match Worn (#3 Jimmy Bartel - Round 23 vs. Brisbane) Premiership Commemorative Guernsey. Haven't been a huge fan of some of our recent 'one-off' guernseys (the fact that they're spewing out about ~3 a season is a bit of a joke), but this one which contains the name of every Geelong premiership player neatly arranged under the tiers of 3x, 2x, and 1x premierships makes for a really neat guernsey I think. Obviously hoping this guernsey becomes obsolete, but for now Jimmy's name proudly resides in the top 'gold' tier for 3x premiership players.
2hhdlic.jpg
1zlrl9h.jpg

- 2005 Signed Match Worn (#6 Brad Ottens - Round 20 vs. Melbourne) Heritage Round Guernsey. The club released some nice heritage round guernseys every year in the early-mid 00's and this one was one of my favourites. A rare guernsey, so this one sits nicely alongside my other one of Dasher Milburn.
mjn7kh.jpg
28slmcg.jpg

- 2014 Player Issue (#27 Mathew Stokes) Indigenous Round Guernsey. Not the biggest fan of this design, but I targeted getting Stokesy's one out of all the indigenous boys at the club. A lot of the others went for pretty decent prices, so I can only assume most other people had a similar mindset when it came to winning one of these from the Indigenous Round.
2mhihd1.jpg
spkyl4.jpg

- 2008 Signed Match Worn (#30 Matthew Scarlett - Hall Of Fame Tribute Match) Victoria Guernsey. Spurred by the success of cammania in acquiring Daniel Kerr's Dream Team guernsey, I set out to similarly get my hands on one of the Geelong boys' guernseys. All the players changed guernseys at half-time, so there's 2 of each floating around. Matty gave this one to his good mate Cam Mooney after lining up on him during the match, and added a cheeky personal message above his signature: "To Moons, the best player I have ever played on".
2j495p5.jpg
2utns5e.jpg

- 2010 Match Worn (#31 James Podsiadly - Round 19 vs. Collingwood) Gold Logo 85 Years with Ford Guernsey. Another one-off guernsey celebrating the club's 85 year partnership with Ford. Not a fan of the cats head design.
20glg7c.jpg
e13lgy.jpg

A few more to the mini Corey Enright collection I have going on.

- 2014 Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright - Round 23 vs. Brisbane) Premiership Commemorative Guernsey. See comments on the Bartel equivalent above - same applies here to Enright.
2e304t5.jpg
2e165ae.jpg

- 2014 Player Issue (#44 Corey Enright) Indigenous Round Guernsey.
icl02e.jpg
vq4pl0.jpg

- 2014 Signed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright - Round 5 vs. Hawthorn) Name-On Home Guernsey. From the infamous name-on guernsey round.
2e1zotc.jpg
2i9gvpd.jpg

Your collection is absolutely amazing.
Probably don't have the masses of collectors chasing down Geelong Guernseys you need like the WCE Faithful. But following your posts I can see that this is a genuine footy aficionado paradise and a loved collection. Would love to see it in the flesh one day. Just seems so good.
Very jealous WCE don't do more commemorative jumpers etc but could understand the frustration in having 3 various theme jumpers throughout a year. Gets very exxy after a while.
Plus I think it's been established your contacts but gee, they must be good.

Last edited:
I'm in Melbourne for the week so went to a couple of Op Shops yesterday, found a couple of Swans guernseys.

2006 premiers.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

2006 (yes 2006) Premiers guernsey. Anyone explain this to me? It's not like the caps they make to give the players immediately after the siren, these aren't normally made available straight away are they?

goodes.jpg
BNWT Adam Goodes dual Brownlow guernsey

2006 (yes 2006) Premiers guernsey. Anyone explain this to me? It's not like the caps they make to give the players immediately after the siren, these aren't normally made available straight away are they?y
These days, yes. You can preorder premiers merchandise, they start flogging it immediately after the final siren.

NIce get... they do make a very limited release of both teams for sale directly after each game for sale.

I have some t-shirts declaring the Lions 4 peat. Western Bulldogs Grand Final appearance and one for Essendon's appearance in the 1999 Grand Final too.

NIce get... they do make a very limited release of both teams for sale directly after each game for sale.

I have some t-shirts declaring the Lions 4 peat. Western Bulldogs Grand Final appearance and one for Essendon's appearance in the 1999 Grand Final too.
pics please

c56a7599cc81a08d253b9514e48044f0-tn.jpg abd1317aa7d0612c4dca9b7b8d897227-tn.jpg
They do one for each of the prelim finalists now. I don't know how there are so many out there, but I think it's become a thing to get the losing teams poster.

Personally, I couldn't even bring myself to buy the 2010 Draw. Bad memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back