News Phil Walsh - New AFC Coach and Art Critic

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously doubt anybody coming down from a meth binge would be able to play like that. Withdrawal symptoms for meth aren't exactly mild.

Might not have been meth. There are chemists out there working to produce untraceable performance-enhancing drugs. I understand they also produce drugs to mask the presence of other drugs. We will never know what Cuz was on when he burnt us off, but he sure was on something. That third q was phenomenal--read superhuman. The last was okay too.

Guys you should listen to the Pure Footy segment from SEN with David King & Luffy.

Today they analysed Walsh and the Crows. It's a very statistical/analytical segment which suits the footy purists. But Luffy actually said Walsh could be his new favourite coach.
that was a good listen, cheers

Indeed. Watching Round Table now Fox Footy. Adelaide review soon.
It was actually an enjoyable analysis to watch tonight. All were fairly positive of where they see the team at and what they feel Phil Walsh offers as a coach. They spoke highly of the decision to make Tex captain too. Dermott was very cautious about our defence.

It was actually an enjoyable analysis to watch tonight. All were fairly positive of where they see the team at and what they feel Phil Walsh offers as a coach. They spoke highly of the decision to make Tex captain too. Dermott was very cautious about our defence.
Yep, Dermott was the only one on that panel that had his reservations, including that we had no midfield depth o_O. The defence is understandable. The rest of the panel were rather positive, mainly King. Ralph even backtracked slightly on his Danger predictions of late.

Yep, Dermott was the only one on that panel that had his reservations, including that we had no midfield depth o_O. The defence is understandable. The rest of the panel were rather positive, mainly King. Ralph even backtracked slightly on his Danger predictions of late.
Wow, King positive? Usually pots us at every opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, King positive? Usually pots us at every opportunity.
Yeah he had us finishing 4 or 5 if everything clicks, 14 wins. Thinks we have all the ingredients bar 2nd kpd, likes the coach and Capt appointments and is sure there is a buy in from the players.

I was surprised too that Cam Mooney was so positive about Phil Walsh. It was so good to see them spend a reasonable amount of time on the team, as in depth discussions on Adelaide are never high on Fox Footy's agenda. It didn't all focus on Danger either which was really refreshing.

I was surprised too that Cam Mooney was so positive about Phil Walsh. It was so good to see them spend a reasonable amount of time on the team, as in depth discussions on Adelaide are never high on Fox Footy's agenda. It didn't all focus on Danger either which was really refreshing.
That is surprising if Mooney was positive. He nearly had a heart attack when Sando was sacked and had put us in rabble territory!

Guys you should listen to the Pure Footy segment from SEN with David King & Luffy.

Today they analysed Walsh and the Crows. It's a very statistical/analytical segment which suits the footy purists. But Luffy actually said Walsh could be his new favourite coach.
Very good, especially having the guy from Champion Data explaining the difference between contest ball winning and winning it as a ground ball, and how we were so reliant on Jacobs tapping it down to our mids to win contested possessions last year.

Him and Harley certainly weren't afraid to take shots at us, which is understanable because Sando is their mate, but probably a bit unprofessional.
Shame the majority of the media are all just as unprofessional!

Very good, especially having the guy from Champion Data explaining the difference between contest ball winning and winning it as a ground ball, and how we were so reliant on Jacobs tapping it down to our mids to win contested possessions last year.
I haven't listened to the clip yet but I must say I noticed a big difference in the second round of the NAB cup when Jacobs was/wasn't in the ruck in terms of our clearances. Similar again to Port with what happened next based on whether he won it or not. I guess that shouldn't really come as any surprise, but I'd suspect our midfield will rely on him just as heavily again this year to give us the first chance at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back