News New ruck coach - Sam Baulderstone.

Remove this Banner Ad

As always, give the guy the benefit of the doubt and hope he's successful! I don't know the guy, but it's not immediately inspiring..happy to wait and see!!

To look at this positively, a change is as good as a holiday, and after 15 years with Clarke leading the rucks it's good just to get some fresh ideas in. Fingers crossed Baulderstone turns out to be a good coach!

More negatively, this does seem primarily motivated by the desire to free Clarke up, rather than a desire to improve our ruck coaching. It would have been nice to get someone with any kind of AFL experience (playing, coaching or otherwise).

An interesting appointment. Sam definitely got the most out of himself, after it looked originally that he was going to throw it away by being overweight. He was definitely a quality SANFL player. Hopefully he also has a footy brain.
Unfortunately I also know the Baulderstone family a bit. I have never met a more arrogant family convinced of their own superiority (despite all evidence to the contrary) than this lot. Utterly delusional. The dad is the worst.

An interesting appointment. Sam definitely got the most out of himself, after it looked originally that he was going to throw it away by being overweight. He was definitely a quality SANFL player. Hopefully he also has a footy brain.
Unfortunately I also know the Baulderstone family a bit. I have never met a more arrogant family convinced of their own superiority (despite all evidence to the contrary) than this lot. Utterly delusional. The dad is the worst.
Are you telling us that the club has recruited somebody who is not an outstanding lad from a great family?! Surely these are the end times.

Great, you’ll be able to get us intel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, ROB's issue usually isn't around his ruck work, his impact (or lack thereof) is usually dictated by his ability to take contested marks around the ground.

When he's on there he is a big contributor, when he's not he struggles to make a consistent impact.
I have always thought his marking around the ground, in particular between the arcs is pretty good.

The issue is the hold up in play when he gets it. Slow to move it on due to his kicking "style".

His tapwork is adequate without being outstanding.

Be interesting to see what Baluderstone can do with Thilthorpe and our other developing Ruckman*........

*If we recruit one.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have always thought his marking around the ground, in particular between the arcs is pretty good.

The issue is the hold up in play when he gets it. Slow to move it on due to his kicking "style".

His tapwork is adequate without being outstanding.

Be interesting to see what Baluderstone can do with Thilthorpe and our other developing Ruckman*........

*If we recruit one.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murphy's brother? I get the feeling that's the way it'll go.

For mine, ROB's issue usually isn't around his ruck work, his impact (or lack thereof) is usually dictated by his ability to take contested marks around the ground.

When he's on there he is a big contributor, when he's not he struggles to make a consistent impact.

#38 in the league last year for contested marks per game.

#38 in the league last year for contested marks per game.
And he had 7 games last year where he didn't record a contested mark and another 4 with just a single contested mark. That was my point, when he has those games where he doesn't clunk a few marks it makes a noticeable difference on the impact he can have in a game. That's half a season of games for 4 contested marks.

And he had 7 games last year where he didn't record a contested mark and another 4 with just a single contested mark. That was my point, when he has those games where he doesn't clunk a few marks it makes a noticeable difference on the impact he can have in a game. That's half a season of games for 4 contested marks.
So Maxy Gawn took less than one, 0.93 to be exact, more contested marks per game than ROB, and is the first ruckman on the list at number 6. :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back