No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watto Sr. knows jack s**t. He probably knows there is insufficient evidence but it won't stop the AFL from screwing us.

It's true that he does not know the verdict. But to say that a person who is a good mate of Bomba, Hird, has a son who is the captain of the club (and had full access to all of the court proceedings), spoken with dank on 3 occassions, works for the network that has the most vested interest in a positive result and is an all round good guy knows jack s**t - is a bit of a stretch.

I think he was talking about the Collingwood case - Caro didn't seem to realise that under the new WADA code, the max ban is four years, up from two.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Caro's ability to concentrate would be diminished at the moment with all the hate she'd be pouring on James Hird, and all the hope she would be using up on our players getting suspended.

It's true that he does not know the verdict. But to say that a person who is a good mate of Bomba, Hird, has a son who is the captain of the club (and had full access to all of the court proceedings), spoken with dank on 3 occassions, works for the network that has the most vested interest in a positive result and is an all round good guy knows jack s**t - is a bit of a stretch.

Great post, and I couldn't agree with it more. Tim Watson would not only be one of the best-connected and best-informed people in this whole situation. But he is also one of the most articulate, cool-headed and experienced people in the football media period.

Naturally, I'm very biased towards him because he remains one of my most favourite footballers of all time. (And happens to be the father of another guy who falls into that category as well.) But he's one of the incredibly small number in the football media who I will ever stop and actually listen to. And respect, in any shape or form.

UPDATE: BOMBERS legend Tim Watson is nervous but confident the ‘Essendon 34’ will be found not guilty at today’s AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal judgment.

Ahead of today’s landmark ruling, Watson, father of Bombers skipper and 2012 Brownlow Medal winner Jobe, admitted to being anxious.

But he says from what he knew, he had faith his son and his teammates would be cleared to continue their career — starting this weekend.

“I’m relaxed, I believe there will be a not guilty (finding),” Watson told SEN’s Morning Glory.

“I believe that because I am privy to a lot of what has taken place to this point in terms of the evidence, so on that alone I’m confident that the players won’t be found guilty.”

GET ALL THE NEWS AND ANALYSIS OF THE VERDICT AS IT HAPPENS AT 2PM

PUSH FOR SENATE INQUIRY INTO ASADA’S BOMBERS PROBE

Watson Snr said there would always be an anger associated with the saga until everyone knew exactly what substances were administered to players during the infamous supplements regime.

He said information from Dr Andrew Garnham had eased his concerns over players’ health, while conversations with former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank also gave him hope for Tuesday’s result.

“I’ve had conversations with Stephen Dank, I’ve had three conversations with him,” Watson said.

“He rang me to tell me that the players were not administered any banned substances which included Jobe ... I’ll be more comfortable when the players are cleared today.”

Watson said whatever the outcome of Tuesday’s verdict he was unsure if there would be an appeal because all evidence had been admissible during the tribunal hearing, suggesting it would be difficult for any appeal to overturn a decision for that reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Clen stimulates blood pressure and transportation of oxygen to the muscles/brain, would the addition of it to coke increase the effects of the drug on the user? Or, seeing as it's also being used to cut it, give it the same kick it'd have if it hadn't been cut?

Contaminated beef excuse seems a bit hard to swallow in NZ. That defence has never stood up anywhere aside from China and Mexico (stand as juan)

I think the 4 year ban only applies if there is intent. Providing the Collingwood pair didn't intend to take clen, they will face the mandatory 2 year ban

I think the 4 year ban only applies if there is intent. Providing the Collingwood pair didn't intend to take clen, they will face the mandatory 2 year ban
I'm all for a bit of stretching the rules via supplementation but these boys are done. Not only is there intent, now they've concocted a half arsed excuse in an attempt to get away with it. It's almost as though they want 4 years. A pro athlete on the fringes of the big time doesn't accidentally turn up with Clen in his system.

So if Clen stimulates blood pressure and transportation of oxygen to the muscles/brain, would the addition of it to coke increase the effects of the drug on the user? Or, seeing as it's also being used to cut it, give it the same kick it'd have if it hadn't been cut?

Contaminated beef excuse seems a bit hard to swallow in NZ. That defence has never stood up anywhere aside from China and Mexico (stand as juan)
of course contaminated beef is hard to swallow

Having recorded positive tests the onus may be on them to prove they didn't have intent? That may present a challenge in itself.

there's one thing i don't get.

are the tribunal deliberating as we speak?
if not, why are we (everyone involved) still waiting for the verdict?
if not, when was the verdict reached, and why couldn't it have been handed down at that time?
They need to provide a reasoned decision as there is a process that comes out the end of it (sanctions/appeal if guilty, appeal if not) and there are timelines on this (21 days to appeal I believe). Also as this is super high profile they want something more than just a binary decision to put out there.

there's one thing i don't get.

are the tribunal deliberating as we speak?
if not, why are we (everyone involved) still waiting for the verdict?
if not, when was the verdict reached, and why couldn't it have been handed down at that time?

I had the same thoughts while I was driving to work this morning. It's almost like grandstanding and time is hardly on our side when you consider if the players get off they have a game to prepare for in a few short days interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back