Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
at Lauderdale today to watch the practice matches and there would have been approx. close 300 cars around the ground double stacked and the seating areas close to capacity. I am amazed the interest in the pracky games. alas Clarence won but there wasn't that much in it over all. Clarence looked quick with a bunch of young running players that worked hard. Lauderdale looked ok to me and management of players was taken today with some players only playing a half of footy. halton looked good and predictability dangerous. Cassidy worked hard. one thing that worried me about Lauderdale is their ruck stocks, it looks lacking at this stage. speedy Stanton kicked 5 goals and looked dangerous for Clarence. overall very interesting and entertaining game played in good spirits. looking forward to round two between these teams.

Great. Mind you its hard to park anywhere else but inside the ground. 1/2 of whatever cars where their would have belonged to the players, officials, umpires & Volunteers,just like most games at Lauderdale.

Its easy to think their are thousands when their are just hundreds in a ground with very few spectator facilities. Its either sit in your car, in a tiny bar, in a few uncovered plastic seats, or stand, but not in front of the bar, or the cars, or the plastic seats.

But I do respect they have come a long way in a short period. I think it is their ground that will limit their development. No one will build in a spot that is just above sea level. They should plan to move. Maybe home games at Bellerive.

at Lauderdale today to watch the practice matches and there would have been approx. close 300 cars around the ground double stacked and the seating areas close to capacity. I am amazed the interest in the pracky games. alas Clarence won but there wasn't that much in it over all. Clarence looked quick with a bunch of young running players that worked hard. Lauderdale looked ok to me and management of players was taken today with some players only playing a half of footy. halton looked good and predictability dangerous. Cassidy worked hard. one thing that worried me about Lauderdale is their ruck stocks, it looks lacking at this stage. speedy Stanton kicked 5 goals and looked dangerous for Clarence. overall very interesting and entertaining game played in good spirits. looking forward to round two between these teams.
Did anyone go to any of the other practice games involving TSL sides

yes was at North Hobart to watch the demons beat Heidelberg by 32 points. good game with the city dominating the first half. Matthews is a serious player and with Delaney they might the best 2 midfielders in the comp.

finals at a minimum for the city.

North launceston lost to the Mariners by 40 points. unsure of the other results

yes was at North Hobart to watch the demons beat Heidelberg by 32 points. good game with the city dominating the first half. Matthews is a serious player and with Delaney they might the best 2 midfielders in the comp.

finals at a minimum for the city.

North launceston lost to the Mariners by 40 points. unsure of the other results
Sounds like a pretty good win by the Mariners, anyone know how they are looking for this year?

well lets reflect as far as the ground at Lauderdale, the ccc restrict what can be done there as it has to fit into their planning scheme. even if the army of tradies wanted to upgrade the facilities off their own back the ridiculous thing its the council just wont allow it to happen. any money that they receive they have the ability to probably double its value with the army of tradies available to donate time and products to go along with it. the case I see is the latest refurbishments had to be put to tender and obviously when builders who quote say 50 bucks/hr to do the work win the tenders the funds get sucked away pretty quick. where as if left to the board and property manager at the club who have a background in running a business associated to building etc they could have done a lot more and given a lot more value per dollar spent. also I don't think its fair to bag the ground regarding parking where the council wont let expansion happen at this stage. there was hundreds of trucks with fill organised to be used for the very purpose of reclaiming land use there but was kyboshed by the council as it didn't meet there planning time frames for works to happen. how ridiculous a situation that exists where a volunteer base cant do any works due to the fact the council want control. so lets not bag the board of management for the situation of facility's when they cant do anything other than sit and wait until the council let them take control of their own club upgrades. as far as their identify, the club stepping up to the state wide league in such a short time and with their meagre success they should be admired not frowned upon. other clubs have grounds that have been continually upgraded by councils etc over the last 50 yrs. maybe the visionary's at the ccc are not up to the real life events with population growth and needs for the community.
there would have been 1200 people minimum at yesterdays practice match at Lauderdale over the day. I see a club wanting to grow but being held back. yes winter can be a blow hard but it is for the right reasons. afl tas should also take some responsibility and promote the game in all areas not just sit back and wait for draft choices to prop them up. whats wrong with promoting the game and getting bums back on seats. as the administrators of the game there don't seem to be much promotion of the game in general. other codes are in front in this area in the great state we live in. I might be old and some times one eyed but there is a time when you have to be realistic about certain things and I can see some clubs are up against it.

Coaching
Glenorchy
Has Kim Excell been appointed for 2012?
North Launnie
Basically, what is going on up there. They have had 3 coaches in 3 years in SWL and soon to be 4 when they appoint a new one.

Who will coach the side in 2012?

Hobart
Who will coach Hobart?

North Hobart
Is Lance the man for 2012?

South Launceston
cameron thurly???

Not sure

1200? did you count them or just estimate through rose coloured glasses?

No council will let willy nilly building, no matter how well intentioned, on council property. They have workplace safety & public liability responsibilities. Its all that legal stuff we have to take account of. I'm not aware of anyone having a shot at Lauderdale's management. Its the ground that is crap. Its not their fault. Likewise the dilapidation of the old TCA ground was not Hobart's fault.

Do yourselves a favour & play your home games at BRO. Western Storm play at Aurora but train at Prospect. You will never get insurance for major works on the ground whilst the sea level is rising. Insurance companies dont take silly risks, they like some certainty & big profits.

1200? did you count them or just estimate through rose coloured glasses?

No council will let willy nilly building, no matter how well intentioned, on council property. They have workplace safety & public liability responsibilities. Its all that legal stuff we have to take account of. I'm not aware of anyone having a shot at Lauderdale's management. Its the ground that is crap. Its not their fault. Likewise the dilapidation of the old TCA ground was not Hobart's fault.

Do yourselves a favour & play your home games at BRO. Western Storm play at Aurora but train at Prospect. You will never get insurance for major works on the ground whilst the sea level is rising. Insurance companies dont take silly risks, they like some certainty & big profits.

There will not be another 9 matches played on Bellerive oval, Cricket Tasmania dont even want Clarence playing there.

There is a heck of a lot of taxpayers money invested in Bellerive Oval, it is a great facility that needs to be used a lot more.

Yes, The use of it for club footy wont affect BRO. Even if they have AFL games or maintenance issues then games can be played at more neutral grounds on occasion.

I well remember when the old TFL always had a game played each week at NHO. I mean Hobart isnt that big that we cant drive for 5-10 minutes to another venue.

I'm impressed by the Kingston twin Ovals, although it needs a stand & some covered areas. It will be a fantastic sports facility. Likewise the development at KGV, is fantastic for sport. A new $7 million building which has a 250 seat function room on the 2nd floor with a view of the ground, two grandstands & a bank to stand on & watch the footy. Indeed NHO, KTO & KGV are fantastic venues for club footy as they all have an amphitheatre effect around 1/2 the ground. BRO as well of course.

Having been to a lot of suburban grounds in Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane, we go ok here with our grounds, believe me!

Footy is finally back, tips for this week anyone? I will have a crack

Hobart City 89
North Launceston 29
Western Storm 17
Devonport 8
Clarence 38

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 2 games in round 1 that could go either way and they are Burnie vs Devonport and Western Storm vs Lauderdale and I decided to go with the home team for both those games. Cameron Cloke to play in this game for Burnie and maybe a few more games through the year.
Hobart by 45
North Launceston by 36
Western Storm by 12
Burnie by 16
Clarence by 34

I want to remind you guys that Hobart City is a new team (not an amalgamation of Hobart and North)

Hobart tigers withdrew its participation in the merger when it became quite clear AFL tas ,were only interested in the its huge bank balance
The real Hobart football club plays in the SFL and based at the TCA !( go tiges)
So please post Hobart city as that hobart city

Correct Tigerssaints. Funny how Mercury 29/3/2015 in its Hobart City Demons preview persists in misreporting that 'Two of Hobart's most famous clubs - Hobart and North Hobart - were forced together by AFL Tasmania for the 2014 season.....". Fairly ignorant of the facts again the old Mukery I'd have thought. No, it was not a merger - its actually NHFC Ltd trading as Hobart City Demons! The Tigers pulled out ages before 2014 season and returned to TCA with its bank balance and dignity intact. Fact is that a number of quality ex Tiges moved to the new Demons club to continue at the highest level - and have been absolute gold in every respect.

Saw 2 games this werkend. At KTO l thought City took Tigers too easy. Tigers had a real dip. City will be bettet for the run. We went to KGV this arvo. Very quick & hard game. Pies too good all over. If Webberley didnt play roos would have lost by 100! Thought this would be tight. Charlesworth out injured. They missed him. Interesting first round.

Saw 2 games this werkend. At KTO l thought City took Tigers too easy. Tigers had a real dip. City will be bettet for the run. We went to KGV this arvo. Very quick & hard game. Pies too good all over. If Webberley didnt play roos would have lost by 100! Thought this would be tight. Charlesworth out injured. They missed him. Interesting first round.

Spud Drury will be feeling the heat I reckon, only reappointed for 2015 by the skin of his teeth.The power brokers won't appreciate a 11 goal drubbing to the arch enemy.

There is a heck of a lot of taxpayers money invested in Bellerive Oval, it is a great facility that needs to be used a lot more.

As a TCA member, Its us who have driven the all of the re developments !bringing international/national sports to the city
Clarence Football club ( and clarence cricket club) Sponge of us , playing very little rent, but demanding use of all of the corporate faciltiles and $ 5 mil lights for nothing !
going forward i cant wait to kick them off

As a TCA member, Its us who have driven the all of the re developments !bringing international/national sports to the city
Clarence Football club ( and clarence cricket club) Sponge of us , playing very little rent, but demanding use of all of the corporate faciltiles and $ 5 mil lights for nothing !

The cricket club are going to the Rosny Park, opposite Eastlands. The Footy club should be ok to stay at BRO. I agree that they should pay their way, like other clubs have to. Clarence do seem to get looked after by the ratepayers & Wade at Argyle st.

I did hear a few years ago that the two clubs who pay the most to their councils are Hobart city & Glenorchy. Lauderdale apparently pay bugger all ( & why would they pay anything for the worst ground in the league!) Kingston & Clarence get a good deal courtesy of the rate payers for their very good facilities.

If anyone has specific details then let us see it.

Just reading the paper whist having a cup of tea this morning, Never ever seen Clarence on the bottom of the TSL ladder in both seniors & ressies. Only first game I know, but they looked ragged.

I dont usually get to many games due to work etc, but I enjoyed the two games at Easter, & going again next week to Queenborough, City V Glenorchy. That'll be interesting. I really have no idea why they would play their & not at NHO which is in great condition

Clarence v Lauderdale, woohoo! game of the round next week? Blood on the grass? I wouldnt mind going over, but the others wouldnt have it! They'd rather go to the Talbot for the arvo than BRO! Even Queenborough is a bit far for them to travel!! The other games look to be pretty interesting too.

Anyway, get to the footy, if u can.

Surely it makes a lot more sense to use the facilities we have rather than just having them sitting around empty?

Its about paying for the use of the facility. I too am a TCA member. We seem to pay more for less each year. Shield gamed are free to everyone, no ODD 50 over games. Rare test matches. Thr membership is becoming a donation! So yes Clarence should pay a fair amount to use the ground.

Its about paying for the use of the facility. I too am a TCA member. We seem to pay more for less each year. Shield gamed are free to everyone, no ODD 50 over games. Rare test matches. Thr membership is becoming a donation! So yes Clarence should pay a fair amount to use the ground.
Even if clarence and any other team didn't pay anything to use it, it would be much better to see people using it all the time rather than sitting around empty, very expensive bit of real estate just for seagulls to stand on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back