Preview North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide - 7.10 Saturday April 18 @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. I love Mitt, but I'd be staggered if he was even considered as a 'break glass' key forward option this year.

If people reckon Butch is a mile off, Charvey is orbiting 47 nautical miles southwest of Neptune.

You'd think so but we played Redden. 2 years out and straight into the AFL for his first non-trial hit out. It's moot anyway, we're playing a single ruck on the weekend.

And one of those respond games was at DockTelColoHad. Good signs baby
Yeah, but it was against a pretty shitty St Kilda side.

I hope we can win this week because I'm sick of going to [insert name of latest sponsor] stadium time after time, year after year, seeing us lose there, especially to ******* North Melbourne.

Actually, when the fixture came out, I thought that rounds 1-3 were likely to be losses but rounds 4-5 would be wins. So far, I've seen nothing to make me change my mind on that.

This is the old 8 point game man we just have to get it done this north hoodoo s**t has to end, one of their defenders is under an injury cloud too now i think.

O'Shea in for Impey I reckon provide a bit more rebound with Jasper, they both make mistakes but they take it on.

Last edited:
Game entirely hinges on Waite the nightmare. If he plays like round 1 we win easy, if he plays like last week it'll be very, very difficult.
Can't remember exactly what the commentators said last week but i think it was that it was only the 2nd time in Waite's career that he has kicked more than 5. So the probability that he can back it up this weekend is remote. He might be good for 3 or 4 but not a big haul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet. I have the company Medallion club seats for Saturday. Full strength beer and decent food FTW.
I look forward to the invite. ;)
I'm driving to Melbourne tomorrow from the Gold Coast. If we win, and it's a big if, it'll be the first game I've seen us win in Vic from 6 trips there. 3 of those losses were against Geelong including 2 @ the Cattery but one was against Melbourne... Melbourne FFS, @ the 'G'.
Note to the boys. I'm driving 5000km in the next 3 weeks to watch you guys play. That's not including local driving. I would really, really like to attend a few wins.
On a positive I've never attended an AFL game at AO that we've lost.*

*AO AFL game virgin. :oops:

any chance we would play North in Adelaide sometime?

we havent played them here since Paul Stewart kicked the winning goal near the end after we were 40 points down
seems like an eternity ago

Its funny you mention this.

We haven't played west coast in melb since 2006 or sydmey in melb since 2007.

It's farcical.

We will win because of our superior midfielders. We lost against Freo and Sydney because we were thrashed in the middle.
No Dalsanto and Wells (no Greenwood)
We need Young and Moore in to share the load though.

Wells will play.

Outs from last year: Dal, Jacobs, MacMillan, Black, Hansen.
In: Waite, Higgins, Swallow, Turner, Brown, Wood and a fit Ziebell.

If anything we are much better.

This.
I'll just repeat all I said last week, substitute North Melbourne for Sydney. Another bunch of freeloaders here only thanks to the AFL's good grace, or gutless act of not forcing them to Canberra / Gold Coast / Tasmania et al....

We are balls deep paying off the AFL's newest billion dollar asset. Get your head around that. Or this lol.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/30/3257859.htm?site=adelaide

We get nothing from the AFL that you don't get, including pathetic umpiring regularly.

Just not against your mob! ;)

Last edited:

It's farcical.

Wells will play.

We are balls deep paying off the AFL's newest billion dollar asset. Get your head around that. Or this lol.

We get nothing from the AFL that you don't get, including pathetic umpiring regularly.

But but the draw is random

... -ly adjusted for blockbusters.

In that case the umpires must use Port to square up North's free kick ledger. :D

It's farcical.

Wells will play.

We have played Sydney 3 times at Etihad since that 2007 game. The draw where they had 100 players on the field, a one point loss, and a convincing win to Sydney.

We also played West Coast in 2010 at Ethihad. Boomer had 1,000,000 possessions, kicked the point of the year, and Nic Nat and Cox phoned their ruck coach from the ground at 3 qtr time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back