Preview Round 3: Collingwood v St Kilda - Friday 7.50 @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite looking forward to this game, will be heading down.

In my opinion if Pendlebury and Adams are both out you guys will definitely be the favorites, that's 4/5 of our best mids out, and none of the top possession getters that we had when playing you last year. Hopefully that wont be the case though and we can all enjoy a good game of footy.

Good luck to you guys :)

Even without the players reckoned to be out, Collingwood are a more experienced outfit than us. Our team has a good defence, some promising forwards and the bare skeleton of a midfield. We are a long way away from being a strong team - what we have shown in the first two weeks is more endeavour than our opponents. It was almost enough against GWS and it led to us dominating against GC. Some Saints fans have allowed themselves to feel cocky after only one win. If we lose this match these same posters will feel as if the team let them down. Every match is a learning experience, whether we win or we lose. Professor Richardson is guiding that education. I will be satisfied by another match where our endeavour is greater than our opponents - and that our team look cohesive and well-drilled. I hope we win, but with a young squad like ours there will always be inconsistency.

Yeah some good points Kildonan :thumbsu:
im thinking Collingwood will win but with their 'outs' if they are a little bit off on the night then we are a genuine chance.
i guess we cant be too harsh on a few peeps getting a bit carried away.
We were all hoping for a couple of wins this season. But not too many would of expected an interstate win against a more fancied apponent.
We might not get many great wins like that this yr so its hard to contain the excitement .
But like you said about the "team letting them down", I hope people dont go all ape droppings if we lose this fri.

I hope Pendles plays & cops the same treatment that Little Gazza copped last week when he played injured. The Human Wrecking Longer will have him in his sights... then he'll be MAV'ed, Armo'd & finally Geary'ed into submission.

Or he'll get 38 touches kick 4 goals & beat us single handedly....

It's going to be wet and under lights...St Kilda's favorite playing conditions! :confused:

Load up on the hard working tough nuts and tacklers for mind. Curren keeps his spot. Wright to start. Roberton on the bench.

Would love to see T.Simpkin thrown in just for the pinball effect! ;)

Brown v Riewoldt
Frost v Bruce
Toovey v Saad
Williams v Lonie
Oxley v Membrey
Langdon spare

Cloke v Delaney
White v Fisher
Elliott v Shenton
Blair v Savage
Dempster spare

Grundy v Longer
Weller v Pendlebury
Adams v Dunstan

How do we not win at least half of those? I cant even think of a 5th forward for the Pies off the top of my head. Not to mention Steven and Armo in the middle.
Left out Swan, Seedsman, Crisp, Goldsack, Ramsay, Fasolo and Varcoe although the last two may be on the plus side for you.:(
I seriously think that if Adams and Pendlebury are outs, then the match will be very close.
Your guys had a great win last week and Richo has you on the right track. Really like Weller, good pick-up.:thumbsu:
I now go to games not only hoping we will win but just as importantly, no injuries. (To either team).

Even without the players reckoned to be out, Collingwood are a more experienced outfit than us. Our team has a good defence, some promising forwards and the bare skeleton of a midfield. We are a long way away from being a strong team - what we have shown in the first two weeks is more endeavour than our opponents. It was almost enough against GWS and it led to us dominating against GC. Some Saints fans have allowed themselves to feel cocky after only one win. If we lose this match these same posters will feel as if the team let them down. Every match is a learning experience, whether we win or we lose. Professor Richardson is guiding that education. I will be satisfied by another match where our endeavour is greater than our opponents - and that our team look cohesive and well-drilled. I hope we win, but with a young squad like ours there will always be inconsistency.

People forget that Collingwood have done a smaller rebuild than us but are still in transition too. They have lost nearly as many of their premiership team as we have from the same period. Cloke, Swan, Pendles, Sidey are all guns but there is a drop off down to the next tier who are pretty even with our mid tier. If you say Steven, Armo, Rooey, Montagna are the equivalent players we probably are only slightly behind them. The difference is the next tier have a bit more experience but our kids probably have a bit more quality for the future. It's no definite win coming our way but we should go in confident.

Will be keen to see Freeman, I was a big wrap for him...he has some serious pace. Darcy Moore will probably take some time but maybe that means they drop White or someone else. Pendles and Adams under done probably suits us, Ablett half done certainly didn't help GCS.

Finally the voice of reason! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Agree wholeheartedly here - let's walk before we can run peeps! We will be a bottom 3 side and that is ok because we all know where we are.

So far it looks like Saints, Blues and Dees to battle it out down the bottom.

All I want to see is effort or shoudl I say continue to see. Its been great so far but we'll struggle against the teams like Port, Haw, Syd, Freo etc (once again that is ok because we all know where we are as a club and more importnatly where we're going)!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the game fellas! Not really too fussed about the result as I don't think it matters much to either of us (Carlton for the spoon amirite?), so hopefully we can just see some good quality kids stamping their mark on the game. Good luck to y'all.

It's going to be wet and under lights...St Kilda's favorite playing conditions! :confused:

Load up on the hard working tough nuts and tacklers for mind. Curren keeps his spot. Wright to start. Roberton on the bench.

Would love to see T.Simpkin thrown in just for the pinball effect! ;)

Simpkin finally back to play VFL this week from his busted jaw.

I just have a sneaky suspicion we will debut Paddy on Friday night footy.

Also think the skipper is VERY sore.

In McCartin Minchington
Out Saad Roo (inj)

Wright into the 22, dazza sub

just a guess

@AFL_JenPhelan: Nick Riewoldt training with calf heavily strapped. Paddy McCartin out there for the captain's run at Moorabbin. #AFLPiesSaints

@AFL_JenPhelan: Nick Riewoldt training with calf heavily strapped. Paddy McCartin out there for the captain's run at Moorabbin. #AFLPiesSaints
How the hell do you have so much free time Dyl?

@AFL_JenPhelan: Riewoldt out there, seems to be moving ok with the left calf bandaged. McCartin, Templeton and Wright also training #AFLPiesSaints #AFL

@AFL_JenPhelan: Riewoldt has shed the bandage and is trying to run it out, looks to be testing it out at high speed. Doesn't look convincing. #AFLPiesSaints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back