Delisted Jonathan Freeman (2013-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news for sure but not sure I've seen the athleticism they are talking about. A bit lumbering for mine at this stage but might improve when he grows into his body more.

Soon as hes had a few games under his belt in the Ressies after hes declared fit from his injury he needs to come in. Freeman FF, Close CHF and McStay third tall and we run with that for the back half of the season and try to get them to Gel.

If we can sneak 4-5 wins prior to the break...it'd be great to see these guys all in the team after bye round as well as Rocky and Hanley :thumbsu:

All three have many rough edges, but all bring different qualities to our forward line.

Close is the workhorse and stands at 196cm and 91kg
McStay is the natural who reads the game well, kicks goals when the service is there and is 194cm and 89kg
Freeman seems the low possession, high impact player who sits at 198cm and 95kg

All are under 21, so plenty of time to step up and impact games; for now it's simply keeping the ball inside our F50 and not allowing uncontested marks from opposition defenders. Having three talls to worry about as well as Green, Christensen, Zorko, Taylor and Mayes won't be easy for our opponents.

Again, against a moderate Pies side, we only had 49 inside 50's compared to their 61. It's simply not enough to win games. We need to average around the 55 per game mark across the season.

I'll purposely be sitting high in the stands this week to see how we're moving the ball and if we're not taking the risks we should be - can't wait :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freeman: Keen to get back

JONATHAN FREEMAN has told lions.com.au he is expecting to make his return to competitive football in the NEAFL in just over a month.

Freeman had back surgery in February and has begun running on the Alter-G Treadmill in recent weeks.

“Rehab is going really well, I haven’t had any set backs or dramas.

He's gonna be a long way back fitness wise you'd think but especially with Close out it would be great for him to get a few games late in the season.

I think it is fair to say we have something to work with :)

Absolutely! Same as Close, McStay, Hammelmann, Gardiner, Andrews and even Clarke - our keys simply need time and experience.

A player in the back half and forward half to guide them for the next 2-3 years is vital as we don't want them to get beaten up and disheartened.

Patfull & Browny massive losses here :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back