Delisted Jonathan Freeman (2013-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage and especially for the big blokes it's the little things that I look for. There is enty for the young bloke to work on but there lite things that you see every game. I know he took the screamer and finished which is good but when he marked and goaled in the third made me turn to my mate and we both just raised the eye brows. I also liked in the first quarter when they put it to the top of the square he attacked the pack and really lept at the ball. As I said little signs. Lots of hard work and graft to go though.

At this stage and especially for the big blokes it's the little things that I look for. There is enty for the young bloke to work on but there lite things that you see every game. I know he took the screamer and finished which is good but when he marked and goaled in the third made me turn to my mate and we both just raised the eye brows. I also liked in the first quarter when they put it to the top of the square he attacked the pack and really lept at the ball. As I said little signs. Lots of hard work and graft to go though.

Hopefully will become a huge monster like a Cloke. Not sure if he has the right genetics to have a lot of strength though with him being easily held off by Dawson who was probably giving away a few kgs. Plenty to work with and has a nice leap and will be very hard to defend as he takes the ball at the highest point.

Of all the things he has done in his two games this was by far and away my favourite. The fact that he was willing to put his body in there and crash the pack was very heartening for mine. Always like to see a young KPP be willing to do that.

I said after the NAB cup game he would be a key part of our forward line in the future and got shouted down for it! Everyone else wasn't impressed but I saw some glimpses that filled me with a lot of hope about Freeman.

Had a chest mark fall through the bag early, &a couple of times when Dawson groped him i thought he could have got a free. Could easily have got a bag of 4 again. I am really bullish on this kid.

I said after the NAB cup game he would be a key part of our forward line in the future and got shouted down for it! Everyone else wasn't impressed but I saw some glimpses that filled me with a lot of hope about Freeman.

Definitely wasn't me. I've been bullish about him since he was drafted. I posted that I thought he could be the biggest player for us out of all 7 draftees at the time. My thoughts on this have not changed on this.

Getting massively sick of this expression TBH. You put up your thoughts and only one person really disagreed with you who happened to be the father of another academy player overlooked in the same draft. Not sure that really qualifies as being shouted down. Good for you for backing him early and time will tell if its a good call but shouted down? Spare me

Getting massively sick of this expression TBH. You put up your thoughts and only one person really disagreed with you who happened to be the father of another academy player overlooked in the same draft. Not sure that really qualifies as being shouted down. Good for you for backing him early and time will tell if its a good call but shouted down? Spare me

It was a joke, no need to take it so seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"As he approaches his second year in the AFL system, 198cm key forward prospect Jonathan Freeman realises that he is still very much a work in progress.
One particular aspect that Freeman has identified as needing to drastically improve is his aggression.
'I have to find that ‘white line fever’ and bring the mongrel out in me'.”

------------------------
I'm in the phonebook.

"As he approaches his second year in the AFL system, 198cm key forward prospect Jonathan Freeman realises that he is still very much a work in progress.
One particular aspect that Freeman has identified as needing to drastically improve is his aggression.
'I have to find that ‘white line fever’ and bring the mongrel out in me'.”

------------------------
I'm in the phonebook.
I always thought your name was some reference to Kimba and Fev foreva. Now I get it.

Freeman should be able to hold down that monster FF position for us. Can't see him leaving the arc too much but if Close steps up he won't have to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back