Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Ratten got sacked and Malthouse got appointed, if we thought MM would brings us a premiership then we are bloody stupid. We were playing way better than we should've in 2011.

in search of more money

with all respect mate Eddie and Waite are entitled to seek a pay rise...the Club has created a culture of entitlement happy to trade players/pay massive overs/ reward 'favourites'...

I am not saying that Eddie and Waite did the right thing by supporters - but the Cubs own actions and treatment and payment of players defined the playing field...

Eddie had a bad start to Malthouse's first year - injured broken jaw/cheek ( which is rare ) and then suspended somewhat arshly for a very accidental bump, He was a 40-60 goal creator for Carlton and is stlll worth 550 to Thomas's 650-700 and Murphy and Gibbs and Judd..even Warnock and McLean were paid massive overs for contribution...

I blame the Club for Eddie /Jeff/ Robinson / and Waites departures 100%. The players made their decisions - based on what they thought the CLub should have been paying them - by reference to alternative offers - and their knowledge of other players deals.

Malthouse can only be blamed for Thomas on field and his hand picked assistants off field.

He's not.

Sacking Ratten was a mistake, he could only work with what he had with that horrific injury plagued 2012 season.
lol Ratten is a massive reason why Carlton have a soft reputation. Obviously you've forgotten the embarrassment of losing to GC.

Don't bother, people here still seem to think Malthouse is the future of this club. What makes them think that, only god knows.
You're just another that has a pop at Malthouse, but doesn't offer an alternative. What's going to happen, we're going to pinch Luke Beveridge off the Dogs?

with all respect mate Eddie and Waite are entitled to seek a pay rise...the Club has created a culture of entitlement happy to trade players/pay massive overs/ reward 'favourites'...

I am not saying that Eddie and Waite did the right thing by supporters - but the Cubs own actions and treatment and payment of players defined the playing field...

Eddie had a bad start to Malthouse's first year - injured broken jaw/cheek ( which is rare ) and then suspended somewhat arshly for a very accidental bump, He was a 40-60 goal creator for Carlton and is stlll worth 550 to Thomas's 650-700 and Murphy and Gibbs and Judd..even Warnock and McLean were paid massive overs for contribution...

I blame the Club for Eddie /Jeff/ Robinson / and Waites departures 100%. The players made their decisions - based on what they thought the CLub should have been paying them - by reference to alternative offers - and their knowledge of other players deals.

Malthouse can only be blamed for Thomas on field and his hand picked assistants off field.

I agree, players are entitled to seek their fortune wherever it lays. I just don't think Andrew_'s earlier comment of MM sacrificing these two was quite right. As for Thomas, I can't see how Malthouse can be blamed. It's not like he gave the club an ultimatum - everybody knew what they were getting with Thomas and I'm pretty sure that most of the powerbrokers, bean counters and coaching staff were happy to have him in Navy Blue.

If I've got a contemporary criticism of MM, it's based on what I have seen in rounds 1-3, 2015.

We have skilful players. We have foot soldiers. We have talks and smalls, in varying degrees of form.

We have a number of coaches that form the coaching "panel". Mick's job is to manage these coaches as well as the players.

The amount of times we get on the rebound, due to our backs and our mids, and then have no choice but to bomb it long to a virtually empty forward line is similar in numbers to that of the very good sides.

These good sides relish this. A one on one contest. With space to work in. Invariably this is a smart way to produce a winning score.

We have no forward structure. Our big men aren't the best in the league, but they're good enough. We don't have the best crumbers (hopefully Menz proves this statement inaccurate this year), but they're good enough.

This I lay at the feet of Malthouse. Whether it's Mick, or by proxy Barker, this area of our game needs to be improved so that we can get some shots at goal that are really get table, convertible and we can excert some scoreboard pressure on the opposition.

I agree, players are entitled to seek their fortune wherever it lays. I just don't think Andrew_'s earlier comment of MM sacrificing these two was quite right. As for Thomas, I can't see how Malthouse can be blamed. It's not like he gave the club an ultimatum - everybody knew what they were getting with Thomas and I'm pretty sure that most of the powerbrokers, bean counters and coaching staff were happy to have him in Navy Blue.
I would bet you a nice bottle of red that Malthouse DIDN'T wish to lose Betts OR Garlett OR Waite...problem is we have to wait for Micks next memoir - my time at Carlton and how the Club got it wrong...to maybe find that out..

Eddie was a true Club leader - unfortunately the Club rated him much lower than other pretenders..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no issues with MM as a coach. He is worth handing the reigns to for another three years. Sacking the coach isn't the answer. What is the answer is delisting / trading the likes of Walker, Armfield, Gibbs, Carrazzo ect.. Sacking a coach is not the issue, we have far too many passengers in our side and players with below average disposal (as per on display today). Time to start putting the blame on the players and not the coach.

I honestly don't get the point of sticking with a coach who insists on having such a broken predictable game-plan

Sack mick, re-build with a new coach who players would actually play for.
What does sacking a coach ever do? It's a poor and weak decision which is largely driven by fan pressure.

lol Ratten is a massive reason why Carlton have a soft reputation. Obviously you've forgotten the embarrassment of losing to GC.

You're just another that has a pop at Malthouse, but doesn't offer an alternative. What's going to happen, we're going to pinch Luke Beveridge off the Dogs?
You mean the year we had the worst injury list since 2002?

We lost to the GC who were a bottom team and were outraged and expected more.

Under Mick we lose to bottom sides and it's forgiven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back