Preview R5: St Kilda v Essendon (game day thread now open)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Possible ins: Leigh Montagna, Sam Gilbert, Blake Acres, Eli Templeton, Daniel McKenzie, Tom Hickey, Jimmy Webster, Darren Minchington etc.

What changes would everyone make? After two poor performances in a row i would like to think to make a few changes.. Probably won't though

out, curren, membrey, saad, delaney, shenton

in, webster, white, dmac, goddard, minchington

probably wouldn't be best for team cohesion, but i wanna see these boys get a run

Out McCartin (wait for roo to help him out) Curren, Saad, Del
In Hickey, Joey, Webster, Simpkin

All 4 of the ins can impact the midfield.

Play 2 rucks so one can sit back and help vs Carlise and Daniher.

Or omit Longer and bring in Minchington so we can compete better and it doesn't go back there so much, either way I don't mind.

I know that everyone's loathe to make wholesale changes, but I think we have to due to form and fitness issues... FWIW I'm not Schneider or Shenton-bashing, I just think Joey shades Schneids, and I'd like to see Goddard go to Daniher as he's too agile for Delaney.

Out: Saad, McCartin, Curren, Shenton, Schneider.
In: Minchington, Riewoldt/White, Weller, Goddard, Montagna.

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Savage - Goddard - Fisher
RK: Longer - Dunstan - Steven
CR: Newnes - Weller - Montagna
HF: Billings - Riewoldt* - Armitage
FF: Membrey - Bruce - Sinclair
IC: Minchington Wright Roberton
Sub: Lonie

EDIT: hold the phone; in the 2s we have Acres with 26 touches and 10 tackles, Webster with 22 touches and McKenzie with 19 touches and 8 tackles to 3qtr time, despite Sandy being flogged by Willy.

Last edited:
I know that everyone's loathe to make wholesale changes, but I think we have to due to form and fitness issues... FWIW I'm not Schneider or Shenton-bashing, I just think Joey shades Schneids, and I'd like to see Goddard go to Daniher as he's too agile for Delaney.

Out: Saad, McCartin, Curren, Shenton, Schneider.
In: Minchington, Riewoldt/White, Weller, Goddard, Montagna.

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Savage - Goddard - Fisher
RK: Longer - Dunstan - Steven
CR: Newnes - Weller - Montagna
HF: Billings - Riewoldt* - Armitage
FF: Membrey - Bruce - Sinclair
IC: Minchington Wright Roberton
Sub: Lonie

Love the changes and the team, only thing id change is sinclair sub and lonie starts.

Of course Joey shades Schneids, but Schneider has incredibly been 3rd ranked by champion data for us in all 3 of his games this year, so I don't think we're really in any sort of position to be dropping someone who has been performing so consistently well for us and is probably in the top 5 or 6 in the B&F at the moment, especially after he just had 5 clearances, 9 tackles and two goal assists for us yesterday.

For the year he's averaging 23 possies (10 contested), 4 clearances, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 1.7 marks inside 50 and 100 Supercoach points per game. If we drop him we might as well drop a Dempster/Fisher type as well I would have thought.

Last edited:
Have Montagna and Riewoldt already been ruled out or are they a chance to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Acres, Weller, Minchington
OUT: Shenton, Saad, Curren

Think we really struggled against the talls (should have seen it coming, Casboult, Henderson, Jones was always going to be too much) thankfully they didn't punish us on the scoreboard for the most part. Would give Webster another week in the VFL, would prefer to have him in for Geary. I thought Dempster was quite average as well, but we'll need him again vs Daniher and Carlisle.

Riewoldt and Joey get a rest, we need them in a winnable game against the Dogs in r6. No need to risk them this week.

Give Acres another week playing midfield in the twos.

In: Weller, Montagna/Minchington, Webster, Riewoldt/Hickey
Out: Curren, Saad, Shenton, McCartin

post sandy match

In: Weller, webster, acres, our lord and saviour goddard

Out: Saad, Curren, Shenton, Delaney

Out: shenton, saad, curren,
IN. : webster, dmac, acres,
That would completely affect our structures though, as all 3 you've listed as out played forward yesterday, whereas all 3 you've brought in generally play down back, with perhaps some stints in the midfield. Would leave us with all of Delaney, Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Savage, Geary, Wright, Webster, Acres and McKenzie (that's 10 who are probably all best suited down back at this stage), plus Newnes, who is another you could add to that list, albeit he's playing mostly midfield now. That would be half our team.

That would completely affect our structures though, as all 3 you've listed as out played forward yesterday, whereas all 3 you've brought in generally play down back, with perhaps some stints in the midfield. Would leave us with all of Delaney, Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Savage, Geary, Wright, Webster, Acres and McKenzie (that's 10 who are probably all best suited down back at this stage), plus Newnes, who is another you could add to that list, albeit he's playing mostly midfield now. That would be half our team.
DMac or acres as the sub.
Webster playing hb where shenton did play before this week
The non sub or acres or dMac plays wing

DMac or acres as the sub.
Webster playing hb where shenton did play before this week
The non sub or acres or dMac plays wing
If you've got Webster down back you've still got Fisher, Delaney, Dempster, Savage, Roberton, Geary and Wright (that's 7 of them, on top of J-Webb) to find spots for, as well as whichever of Acres or D-Mac aren't sub, with Newnes presumably on one wing. There aren't enough wings or back flanks for all of them I wouldn't have thought.

Neither Sinc or Lonie play defensive forward roles. I'm starting to get tired of people ignoring the fact that Curren plays a role and isn't just a 'small forward'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back