Official Match Thread S19: Round 12 Coney Island Warriors vs Las Vegas Bears at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

The battle of the expansion teams yet again proves to be another intriguing battle. One team sits at the pointy end of the ladder whilst the other is languishing down the bottom yet again (whilst languishing the bears are still a chance to make the finals). The Warriors have had the wood of the Bears since their induction and the Bears re-introduction into the SFA which was the case in round 6 this season in an absolute shoot out. The game finished Las Vegas Bears 21.4 (130) lost to Coney Island Warriors 26.8 (164). Quiv kicked 9 majors and brahj had 29 touches but it wasn’t enough as the Warriors put together a stellar team performance led by Stronzo, retired jimmy and Lord flasheart who slotted 13 majors between them to dismantle the bears defence.

Warriors can secure finals spot if they win here this week against the bears. This will see them into a second finals appearance in as many seasons. The bears lose and they can just about kiss their finals hopes away but some will remain bearing to dream.

The Warriors will be hopeful that the likes of BigJoeD, Frankston Rover, Stronzo and El Dubya can get plenty of the qooty to see them secure that finals berth. Whilst the bears will be looking at their own experienced players such as pantskyle and DemonJim who both had a field day last week in their teams win to continue with their good form.

I fully expect that the Warriors will secure themselves a finals birth. But it won’t be this week. The bears will win and all but secure the wooden spoon for the Wonders.

The battle of the expansion teams yet again proves to be another intriguing battle. One team sits at the pointy end of the ladder whilst the other is languishing down the bottom yet again (whilst languishing the bears are still a chance to make the finals). The Warriors have had the wood of the Bears since their induction and the Bears re-introduction into the SFA which was the case in round 6 this season in an absolute shoot out. The game finished Las Vegas Bears 21.4 (130) lost to Coney Island Warriors 26.8 (164). Quiv kicked 9 majors and brahj had 29 touches but it wasn’t enough as the Warriors put together a stellar team performance led by Stronzo, retired jimmy and Lord flasheart who slotted 13 majors between them to dismantle the bears defence.

Warriors can secure finals spot if they win here this week against the bears. This will see them into a second finals appearance in as many seasons. The bears lose and they can just about kiss their finals hopes away but some will remain bearing to dream.

The Warriors will be hopeful that the likes of BigJoeD, Frankston Rover, Stronzo and El Dubya can get plenty of the qooty to see them secure that finals berth. Whilst the bears will be looking at their own experienced players such as pantskyle and DemonJim who both had a field day last week in their teams win to continue with their good form.

I fully expect that the Warriors will secure themselves a finals birth. But it won’t be this week. The bears will win and all but secure the wooden spoon for the Wonders.

You ******* prick, putting that curse on us. :mad:

Was wondering why I was getting to play first week back in the competition, now I know why- we're playing the bears.

Should be a good comeback match :D

Was wondering why I was getting to play first week back in the competition, now I know why- we're playing the bears.

Should be a good comeback match :D

You are not allowed to post until confirmed as a player, the 24hrs aren't up, because of this you are now unable to play this week or the Warriors will be forced into a forfeit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t. I'm posting on page 1. This must be a good sign.

brahj if we need another guy in defence to really dry up the warriors scoring, I'm your guy. I've been down on my scoring lately and I'm keen to play up back. (However, my great game last round shows I can now rip teams a new one up forward, so whatever's best).

Holy s**t. I'm posting on page 1. This must be a good sign.

brahj if we need another guy in defence to really dry up the warriors scoring, I'm your guy. I've been down on my scoring lately and I'm keen to play up back. (However, my great game last round shows I can now rip teams a new one up forward, so whatever's best).

You'll stay where you are and like it.

Who doesn't love a Bear hug?

giphy.gif

Welcome to history in the making, Bears.

Eight in a row. :thumbsu:

Get it right, it's "History here in the making" ;)

The start of 8 losses in a row for you lot?
8 Warriors in a row ready to be smacked?
8 whiskeys lined up in a row?
8 boats that need to be rowed?
Wait, that last one didn't make sense...
8 wins in a row for the Warriors.

Wonder what the Warriors overall w/l ratio is... we should compare it to the Bears since both clubs were (re)introduced for an interesting comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back