Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't think that in the meetings he has with the club and his manager, they tell him to say nothing?
Of course he isn't gonna spill and say yeah I'll be here. Nor is he gonna say he's gone. If anything he is probably sick of the questions!
Like Rance himself said, don't believe everything you read (and hear..)

So hes a JW and they don't support sport or professional sport or something along those lines? And hes been studying to be a JW the last year or so?
Feel free to read the thread for the answer yourself :)

Obviously we are a better team with him in. But this has been our problem for far to long. Worrying about one person to much. If the players or coaches are questioned anymore they should just treat him exactly as he is.....one person who can be replaced by another person. Will they be as good. Probably not (Astbury was sensational last year).

But if he was only on $300k and we have offered $700k then $400k in the budget to go harder at two quality midfielders (not one). Sloane & Sheil?

Let Astbury, Elton and Chaplin deal with it for one year (team defence). Just like the Dogs this year give the young blokes more responsibility (Chaplin excluded). If we get two more quality mids then the ball will be coming down the backline less anyway! ;)

you still need to play him, he is our best player atm and our defence will be absolute s**t without him, we need to actually try and make the 8 and win a final at least this season, as we have seen with the roos last year you can make it deep into September without being in top 4. round 5 isnt the time to say rance you are playing in the twos from now, it would just look horrible by the club, if it was say, round 18 , no chance of finals that would be understandable.

i hope your right on rance, the fact he didnt answer that last question really made me think that he actually might leave. it is his choice after all.
We are s**t everywhere let alone the defence. Dh is fighting for his life you think hell blood youth anyway? Hasn't in the past why start now. Watch Lennon get dropped this week in favour of loyd or gordon!

Yes, too good not to, if he someone like grigg, you'd prob rissole him , rance can influence outcome of games
The way the team is playing, tell him to fake an injury, send him off on his holiday now, upgrade Castagna and tell Rance to be back for pre-season training in October with a shiny new coach and a couple gun mids we've acquired in the trade/FA period

If he was a pies player Eddie would just make a bid to buy the JWs or give them some free jumper space or rename their training ground Jehovah Park. Get serious Brendan!!

Not that it would really matter much to the RFC, however if it started aligning itself too much with any Religion. Then they would be a couple of memberships down come next season.

Where in the world is carmen sandiego (or tiger71)

Save us Tiger!!

have not changed in my view. I also saw it and it was more a ambush then a interview. All i know from what I was told from rnd 6-12, if its rnd 13 and he still has not re signed, then ill stress, till then, well i am as happy as baby jesus being breast fed.

Yeah I would hardly call a bottom feeder "journalist" waiting for you outside when you arrive to the club for an exclusive an interview.

He's gone I reckon .... No doubt in my mind
If Rance really has decided to retire then there would be no barrier in making the announcement that he is playing his last 17 odd games for the rest of the year and we can all plan to move on.
And this is the nub I reckon, he hasn't made up his mind and is finding it difficult because he loves footy, loves the club but at the same time his faith is calling him.
Is probably taking advice from others within the religion and also those at the RFC.

Frustrating but understandable.

Unless this is another major 'Buddy' ruse where everyone all year reckons he is doing one thing (going to GWS) and then he calmly pops up smiling at the Swans. :eek: :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse case scenario would be he retires, has a year off, then comes out of retirement and signs with Freo, RFC gets zip.. Will be pissed if that happens, will never buy a membership again.

Worse case scenario would be he retires, has a year off, then comes out of retirement and signs with Freo, RFC gets zip.. Will be pissed if that happens, will never buy a membership again.
He could leave at the end of the year as a Unrestricted Free Agent and the Compo wouldn't be great. Unless he is off to do God's work (and by that I mean stay at the RFC), I wouldn't expect the Club to get much more than a 2nd round pick for him. Even in a trade, who's going to trade when you can just have him.

If Rance really has decided to retire then there would be no barrier in making the announcement that he is playing his last 17 odd games for the rest of the year and we can all plan to move on.
And this is the nub I reckon, he hasn't made up his mind and is finding it difficult because he loves footy, loves the club but at the same time his faith is calling him.
Is probably taking advice from others within the religion and also those at the RFC.

Frustrating but understandable.

Unless this is another major 'Buddy' ruse where everyone all year reckons he is doing one thing (going to GWS) and then he calmly pops up smiling at the Swans. :eek: :oops:
Would rather that and take the compo pick. It will be a sensational pick at this rate :eek:

He could leave at the end of the year as a Unrestricted Free Agent and the Compo wouldn't be great. Unless he is off to do God's work (and by that I mean stay at the RFC), I wouldn't expect the Club to get much more than a 2nd round pick for him. Even in a trade, who's going to trade when you can just have him.
We would get a pick after our 1st rounder, which on current form is probably a top 5 pick.

Maybe; but I don't know about that, if he was too leave obviously a better compo deal the better it would be.
Sounds like he has some massive offers in front of him that would activate tier 1. Much better result than him retiring and we get jack s**t, though it would be so Richmond like for it to happen.

If Rance leaves for his faith then so be it. Whilst exceptionally disappointing and has been probably our best defender in recent date, it's his choice.
I hope that he can knock on my door one day so that I can get him to sign my jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back