Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that will be Mick's last game as Carlton coach. Worse than the loss was the attendance. 16k this week and 20k last week cannot be ignored by the board. Keeping Mick as coach is not an option now because it is damaging their brand. The supporters demande change and the board will have to listen.
This.
It is no longer about results. Blind Freddy knows that bus has left the station.
But the brand is the future, and we have seen Bloose members burning memberships.
They don't take "rebuilding" well because they've always been able to buy, cheat or bully their way to success.
I'm LOVING this.

The only reason the board would let Mick go now, was if the players lost confidence in him or communication breakdowns. I doubt this is the case. Hence I believe he will remain until end 2015, then they review.
No point appointing another caretaker coach.
When does Ross Lyons contract expire with Fremantle? They may make him an offer he cannot refuse.

Mick's press conference quote of the week goes to a journalist ...

... After two full minutes of Mick gushing at how awesomely awesome GWS are ...

... Said journo's question was "Um, er, I don't think that anybody would really question that GWS are a fantastic side and really coming, but I guess the query is um, was your team's performance today acceptable? ... in your view?"

kapow1.jpg

Last edited:

he spent more time talking about what an aweome side GWS are than he did about his own team

Let's face it, as it stands, GWS look to be the be the next Brisbane ( if the 2001-04 variety). The look like they will be scarily good. Hopefully we and other can pluck a few of their young lions from the bosoms otherwise the comp will be very ugly for several years.

On MM, honestly, and keep in mind my love for him left when he started his crap in 2011, what is he meant to do now? Team is a shambles as is his ability it coach it seems. Unable to rally the troops or instill discipline like he could when he came to pie land.

The guy is coaching the modern equivalent of a as poor as Fitzroy on its death minus the great young talent they had.

As for the Carlton players, well, they are one of the worst performing, highly timid groups I've ever seen.

As I've said to my friend, which players on their list would be the best in their position at any club?

I can think of one. And that is Yarran. Their 2 "star" mids are the most over rated picks going around, and I wonder why they are immune from the criticism jack watts cops every time his face is seen. Murphy and squibs would be good as 3rd or 4th ranked mids at other clubs because they both are petrified of contact and would benefit being left to skirt packs and run away from the hard stuff, much like the seagulls sitting outside your car window at the beach waiting for the litter to be thrown out your window.... The rest of their list is barely worth mentioning for except Henderson and walker who have been carltofied. Might be some hope for them at other clubs.

I've known this for years, how anyone, especially salty, think that this club had a hope in hell of achieving anything in the next 5-10 years is astonishing.

Carlton, the place coaches go to stain their legacy.

Carlton, no heart since 2000.

Carlton, we are one...... Game winners.

The only reason the board would let Mick go now, was if the players lost confidence in him or communication breakdowns. I doubt this is the case. Hence I believe he will remain until end 2015, then they review.
When does Ross Lyons contract expire with Fremantle? They may make him an offer he cannot refuse.

Have been thinking the same about Lyon.

Let's face it, as it stands, GWS look to be the be the next Brisbane ( if the 2001-04 variety). The look like they will be scarily good. Hopefully we and other can pluck a few of their young lions from the bosoms otherwise the comp will be very ugly for several years.

On MM, honestly, and keep in mind my love for him left when he started his crap in 2011, what is he meant to do now? Team is a shambles as is his ability it coach it seems. Unable to rally the troops or instill discipline like he could when he came to pie land.

The guy is coaching the modern equivalent of a as poor as Fitzroy on its death minus the great young talent they had.

As for the Carlton players, well, they are one of the worst performing, highly timid groups I've ever seen.

As I've said to my friend, which players on their list would be the best in their position at any club?

I can think of one. And that is Yarran. Their 2 "star" mids are the most over rated picks going around, and I wonder why they are immune from the criticism jack watts cops every time his face is seen. Murphy and squibs would be good as 3rd or 4th ranked mids at other clubs because they both are petrified of contact and would benefit being left to skirt packs and run away from the hard stuff, much like the seagulls sitting outside your car window at the beach waiting for the litter to be thrown out your window.... The rest of their list is barely worth mentioning for except Henderson and walker who have been carltofied. Might be some hope for them at other clubs.

I've known this for years, how anyone, especially salty, think that this club had a hope in hell of achieving anything in the next 5-10 years is astonishing.

Carlton, the place coaches go to stain their legacy.

Carlton, no heart since 2000.

Carlton, we are one...... Game winners.
Carlton. ............ Not winning in Australia since 2014.

Carlton. ............ Not winning in Australia since 2014.

I text a mate who I don't get to see very often after every Carlton loss.

Yesterday his response to my message was I no longer watch afl.
s**t sport.

I lol'd. The. I though, how sad. Typical Carlton supporter. Stick through thick and leave withy the thin.

I think that is more the Recurting Staff and the Coaches underneath him
Blind freddy could of done that with all the draft concessions they had.
Wasnt sheedys work anyway.

No doubt other staff have contributed but the drafting of older players from other clubs has been much better than those chosen for GCS.
Not just the draft concessions that they didn't keep and used as bargaining for trades. I don't think you can understate his role there.
He also sold the club to Sydney where as in his press conference, MM didn't see the crowd yesterday as something he should be concerned about.

GWS are looking good because they've mixed some genuine experience in with the early picks. Mumford, Patfull, Ward, Griffen, Davis... and these guys aren't just has beens but guys still playing at a high level and contributing by deed as well as with voice.

Compare that to GC who have Rischitelli and Ablett, and used to have Bock...

But anyway, the AFL is in a very healthy state. Each team Carltank plays is obviously a very, very good football side. Make no mistake.

GWS are looking good because they've mixed some genuine experience in with the early picks. Mumford, Patfull, Ward, Griffen, Davis... and these guys aren't just has beens but guys still playing at a high level and contributing by deed as well as with voice.

Compare that to GC who have Rischitelli and Ablett, and used to have Bock...

But anyway, the AFL is in a very healthy state. Each team Carltank plays is obviously a very, very good football side. Make no mistake.

Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Logjuice has come and supported Malty until the end of the year again. So who knows.
Doing major damage to the brand and the bottom line IMO, boards and presidents don't usually like that too much and there's still a lot of this season to go.

Leigh Matthews.....lock it in.
It's how they roll..........

i'm hoping for an era similar to what melbourne has experienced over the last 50 years... I want to see endless interviews of 80 year old ex carlton premiership players where they talk about the glory days.... i want to see a slow decline in membership to the stage that they can no longer exist unless they are assisted by the bigger clubs...

oh yes i forgot...and i want my grandson to look at AFL books and ask about what happened to university and fitzroy and carlton

Having only 16k to their game against GWS is a start. Similar to what the "struggling" clubs put up and then have to pay $ to Etihad.

But I still think it is Micks master plan, he is destroying carlton as a favour to Eddie.

Round 10 Saturday, June 06 or Round 12 Saturday, June 20 Mick-M will get the sack and then say like he never felt accepted like i was at collingwood in later interviews blah-blah-blah

There are times when I think Eddie and Mick dreamt this whole Carlton thing up after the 2011.
The greatest troll of all time.....
I could be wrong of course, but it's delicious to think it could be true...
782165-mick-malthouse.jpg
Look into Mick's eyes...........................................
I feel it in my bones.......
Can't wait for the book.
"How we slipped Carton a Micky Finn" by E.McGuire and M.Malthouse.

Look into Mick's eyes...........................................
I feel it in my bones.......
Can't wait for the book.
"How we slipped Carton a Micky Finn" by E.McGuire and M.Malthouse.
Or the Ox is slow but the fist is painful !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back