Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

DO IT.
Take a year off and go travel and meet heaps of babes. Just keep in contact so I know you're alive :)

Do this Jatz.
Money isn't everything and the people you'll meet and the memories you'll have will be much greater than the drudge of going to work each day.

Jatz agree go backpack around the world for at least six months. You will get a job when you return. As HBF and MEB have said money isn't everything and I can testify to that. You will meet people along the way and when you do eventually come back you will appreciate it so much more.

Plus any old sucka can get a job working in a bar in the UK if you need more cash while you're overseas, especially Australians!
DO IT DO IT DO IT
I shall live vicariously through you. I'm too old for such jaunts!

Seriously do it mate.
I get the whole money saving thing I really do being an Accountant, but there'd be nothing like taking some extended time off and going overseas.
Haha yeah i do get what you mean. I've never even been out of the country and it'd be really out of character for me to just take off somewhere. It is mighty tempting at the moment though. Feel like I've lost/wasted my youth slaving away in an office the past 5 years ha.

Haha yeah i do get what you mean. I've never even been out of the country and it'd be really out of character for me to just take off somewhere. It is mighty tempting at the moment though. Feel like I've lost/wasted my youth slaving away in an office the past 5 years ha.
You haven't wasted your youth Jatzy, you're still young! Working in hospitality I guess I see people come back from these overseas jaunts and it's amazing how they change when they return.
You're a cyclist, aren't you? My friend runs a business that takes cycle tours of Cambodia, but it's really back to basics stuff. You visit various NGOs and it's a behind the scenes experience. Check out http://www.social-cycles.com/

You feel you wasted your youth by working and being responsible.

I feel i wasted my youth by having no responsibility and doing stupid s**t.

It's always what you haven't done that you regret later, stupid human nature.

I travelled for half a year when i was 27, got home, bought a house and the rest is history.

It is never ever too late to travel. You can travel 20's, 30's, 40's doesn't matter.

I travelled for half a year when i was 27, got home, bought a house and the rest is history.

It is never ever too late to travel. You can travel 20's, 30's, 40's doesn't matter.
What about 50s

Jatzy - if you get to London and running out of money you can always pick up a job in what you are doing here etc accountant, just make sure you get your working papers organised before you go. If I had my time over again instead of working in London I would of gone and worked in Canada. You just work for a few weeks then take off wherever your heart desires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AA you and your wife could go travelling for three months or more and absolutely love it or when your kids are old enough to defend for themselves (eg and not when they are in their 20s).

Haha but my gut (and my fatigued mental state) tells me to quit and run away to somewhere in the world where nobody can contact me! Just pass out on a beach in Mexico or something haha.

Ahhh a guy can dream!

I hear ya! I'll meet u at the airport ;)

I hear ya! I'll meet u at the airport ;)
How about a road trip?

Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas.jpg

Sometimes I feel like I wasted mine going to work the past 10 years,your right in saying it's peoples perspective of missing out on things.

Sometimes I feel like I wasted mine going to work the past 10 years,your right in saying it's peoples perspective of missing out on things.
You have a house, wife and child, so many things to be grateful for. Travel and whatnot doesn't go away, it's always waiting.

Plus there is always the midlife crisis to use as a great excuse to go crazy for a bit when you're older.

You have a house, wife and child, so many things to be grateful for. Travel and whatnot doesn't go away, it's always waiting.

Plus there is always the midlife crisis to use as a great excuse to go crazy for a bit when you're older.
Yea that's exactly it, not a feeling of being ungrateful so to speak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back