Round 8 2015: Hawthorn vs Sydney - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney stole that. Hawks should have buried them half way through the last.

If you hang in your always a chance of pinching it.

Ironically they were a few seconds away again

Probably Buddy's worst game ever but Goodes was fantastic. Credit to Sydney but Hawthorn will be wondering how they let that slip.

Gee, Sydney are really lucky to win that. Missed shots from Hawks that should kick them easy. I thought Rioli was amazing, personally.. I'd blame Bruest's shot over that handball.

To be fair, it wasn't great. It was definitely a missed chance but it wasn't delivered cleanly. Breust's miss was far worse.

In any other circumstances, I could easily excuse the fumble. But when we've endured the commentators needlessly pumping this guy up all game, the mistake couldn't have come at a better time.

Hawthorn have almost certainly missed out on the top 4. After 2 consecutive premierships are they just not hungry enough? Not having a go at them. 2 in a row is incredible in this era, maybe this time they just don't have as much desire as the likes of Freo and Sydney.

We've been very complacent this year, even in the games we've won.

Our defence, while generally holding up well and not conceding high scores has been very leaky
Likewise our forward structure is all over the place as well, despite generally scoring well.

It's been a hell of a ride the last few years, had to end sometime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

In any other circumstances, I could easily excuse the fumble. But when we've endured the commentators needlessly pumping this guy up all game, the mistake couldn't have come at a better time.
I don't disagree with the insanity coming from the commentary box. But it's worth remembering that isn't the doing of Cyril.

I'm not a fan of being extra critical of players due to external hype.

People defending the Rioli fumble are mad. It was a simple take, not perfect delivery but AFL standard players are expected to take that.

People saying Rioli cost them the game are equally mad. He was a big part of them getting back into it, and then into the dominant position. In the end, players are human. He had a great game, shame about the fumble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back