Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:
Maric - owned Lobbe's arse and was massive
We won a game despite not scoring for a quarter
JR8 - absolute A grade
Spoiling Cornes party. He does seem like the best of the Cornes but they are a strange family and Chad and Graham are ****wits anyway - EAD Cornes
Menadue's first goal
our start - silenced the crowd with the first three goals
We're in the 8

Negatives:
scoreless quarter
commentating - it was all about Port
kicking for goal at set shots - both sides stank at it
Ty's injury

How do we get Corey more of the footy?

He can start by not fumbling it when it's given to him :p It's strange.... in some situations you can see the game is just too hot for him at that moment but when he feels comfortable and as though he has space he moves/glides smoothly. His out of bounds on the full today was Pendlebury like in the lead up.... and Steve Morris in the final kick.

I'd keep playing him up until the bye, then he can have a little break to freshen up. He won't hurt us by being in the team in the short term and he will get better feeling during the 'hot' moments in games. The games we get into him now will be very beneficial in 2016 and beyond....

Port aren't going to win many games whilst Wingard, Gray and Monfries aren't prepared to do any defensive work or get their hands dirty. Front running pretty boys coached by an egotist who both enjoyed and believed in the immense amounts of fellatio they copped from the media for 18 months.

You've got that 100% correct. The bloke's full of himself. EAD Hinkley hahahah

Shit loads of Richmond support there today, huge game for both of us after Richmond's disappointing EF loss. Nice Richmond bloke next to me, twas a legend.
Clearly Richmond was better than our shitful performance and a well deserved win.
Also, respect for doing the guard of honour farewelling our old campaigner.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope C.Ellis, C.Menadue and L.McBean all play next week. It feels that with them in the side, the older players realise the responsibility they have in showing them how to play. I know they may be quiet in their first few games, but they will catch on eventually. Look at Joe Daniher kicking 6 goals today. The Bombers persisted with him and are reaping in reward for it. I feel that these youngsters have a lot of upside, so we should stick with them

9h5WiR9.gif

When a post has more likes than the opponent's score...

Great win, from the coach down.

As someone who opposed the new clash jumper, I have to say it looks great, even if the Port supporters in the commentary box didn't think it was worth mentioning. Not once, even though it was the first time in 130 years we've played in a yellow jumper.

(Although it's more gold than yellow, as is our sash on the regular jumper. Still, that's ok. It looks better.)

5 VOTES to the coaches boring game plan but got the job done well done (might even be the plan b we have been missing)

I made the comment to the Mrs during the game that if this game style is played in a GF we commend them teams for strong defence but during the home and away season we say it is boring. I thought it was great defence by the tigers when they were under the pump. (I was not saying that the time mind you lol)

Is starting to get found out for the spud he is, there's a reason why we only offered him a 1yr contract, he had 1 good season in 8 and he thought he was the bee's knees.
Whitey was as humble a player as we've had.
Any fringe player, ever, would've jumped at the pay rise and job security he was offered.

Ellis has never been a big ball winner. So don't expect too much, hopefully a Dal Santo like out put.

Where is the myth coming from? Averaged well over 20 disposals in his underage year at TAC cup level and over 22 possession last year while his foot was screwed, plus TAC cup has no time on. Not to mention he racked them up 20+ and 30+ in two of his VFL games.

Back