Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep Corey & Menadue in the side, despite a quiet one for CE.

Menadue is going to be such a steal!

His attack for such a small frame is amazing, just wait until he puts a little size on, he's going to run riot. We will forget who Matt white is once this kid turns the jets on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His attack for such a small frame is amazing, just wait until he puts a little size on, he's going to run riot. We will forget who Matt white is once this kid turns the jets on
I never want to forget Matt white. What a dud lol

Srs? Was huge all game I thought. His field kicking was good without being great but his handballing was sublime. Opened up a number of passages. Same with Deledio. Both had a number of clearances.

Considering he spent almost all his time as a loosely followed on-baller, he was fairly underwhelming until the last quarter.

Needs to try and hit targets rather than go for distance or run himself into trouble. Not saying he can't handle the trouble, but by the time he gets out of it, the best option has already been and gone.

In the last quarter Cotchin finally got some space to run around after 3 quarters of being scragged, the reason being that Martin decided to step up and play some truly damaging footy. Was good to see, just wish it came much earlier in the game.

Only watched the first half before I had to go out for father-in-law's birthday dinner.... but a few things:

1) The first half was some of the best pressure we've applied and coped with since 2012/2013
2) Some of you lot are the most negative, pessimistic muppets I've ever had the pleasure of reading - just read the game thread and at the mere scent of something going wrong; some of you throw in the towel, write players and coaches off and all for the reason that you can say 'told you so' if it all goes **** up. Grow a backbone some of you.... Go and read the game thread again and then come back here and own up and apologise for being wrong..... disgraceful. Probably week in and week out for some of you.
3) Those sooking about the umpires don't know a couple of things. The first thing is virtually anything about umpiring. The second thing which is not something I agree with is that when in Adelaide/Perth, the home team gets the rub of the green unless it's a derby/showdown. This is purely self-preservation so they don't get mugged on the way out ;) I wish it wasn't like this but it is and always has been and is quite often happens the other way. We get a better run at the G than inter-staters etc. It's the intangible of atmosphere. Umps will deny it but some of the 50/50s seem to go the way of the home team. In the first half I think we did pretty well in that regard.

Back