• 44. Seth Campbell

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • 45. Tylar Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50. Marlion Pickett

Votes: 35 28.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The real issue is that we do not have a KPD that can match in physical terms the likes of King McKay or Hawkins. King literally brushed off Gibicus in the marking duel to score a goal. Is Ben Miller the short term answer ?

Seems clear to me an obvious in haste and untutored umpire decision!
A. Broady is under the 9 meter distance from the goal square line!
B. Broady is being harassed and corralled by the oppo player with his extended arms reducing Broady's in play options!
C. Broady was in immediate danger of being caught with the footy...tried to avoid on coming oppo and stepped over the goal line!
D. Broady was not in any ruck contest!
Point scored to GCS...
I am sorry but if you believe that the umpires call was not correct as per the rules are written then you do not occupy the same plane of reality as those who are sane.

Here is when Broad gets the ball. Gold Coast player is out side the 9m.
1710125025234.png
In the AFL highlights video this is paused at 5:23

Broad crosses the line at 5:26. That is 3 seconds after he has the ball. If he was tackled by the Gold Coast player it would be holding the ball.
1710125199929.png

No matter what, the decision was correct as per the letter of the law. The issue is if this will continue to be applied correctly for the rest of the season.

I am sorry but if you believe that the umpires call was not correct as per the rules are written then you do not occupy the same plane of reality as those who are sane.

Here is when Broad gets the ball. Gold Coast player is out side the 9m.
View attachment 1925057
In the AFL highlights video this is paused at 5:23

Broad crosses the line at 5:26. That is 3 seconds after he has the ball. If he was tackled by the Gold Coast player it would be holding the ball.
View attachment 1925061

No matter what, the decision was correct as per the letter of the law. The issue is if this will continue to be applied correctly for the rest of the season.
Terrible handball from kmac

So if I've read the opinions correctly after 1 game under Yze:
Ryan Dow Hopper Gibcus Young Koschitzke Grimes Prestia should all be dropped and possibly delisted/traded at the end of the season.
Balta Baker Bolton Daniel should all go back to playing roles they played in previously
Taranto is on thin ice and isn't worth what we paid for him still
Bolton Baker & Martin should all be traded at seasons end to fast track our rebuild
We should just load up with kids and shoot for the number 1 pick
Yze need to blow up his game plan and start again, even though he hasn't been able to play a game with his best 23 in the line up.

There are some who are so consistent in their ability to overreact

The campaigners had 61 inside 50’s and barely had time to organise themselves with zero assistance from our mids when the damage was done in the first half

We also need to understand that we are absolutely playing two young players in two important roles, they aren’t going to be world beaters every game but it’s essential for their development that they get this baptism of fire

Yes, but the backline is still a serious worry. It was dreadful, very flat footed, slow to react. They need Balta down there - you can't afford to have him not in the back-half when you have 2 over-cooked eggs like Grimes & Broad. They both looked well and truly cooked im afraid to say.

Going into the game, there were 2 players that most could hurt us. Rowell & King. Both of them completely flogged us. It was like no systems were put in place to ensure they did not get a hold of us. Balta needs to be the guy on a bloke like King. There is no point having your best Key back as your key forward when the I50 count 61-41.

Backline should be

Young Balta Baker/Grimes
Rioli Vlaustin Short

We are likely going to get smoked in the middle more often than not, we need a tight defence to stay in games. The Balta as a fwd thing just feels and looks wrong. We have spent 6 years developing him as a Premier backman in finals, flags... wtf burn all that experience and make him a forward now when the backline is more under pressure than ever?

there was a lot of signalling before this game that we were not going all in “due to the 5 day break”. Feels like they decided to half arse it before they even flew up. No wonder it was a loss
I'd rather beat the Blooze than the suns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but the backline is still a serious worry. It was dreadful, very flat footed, slow to react. They need Balta down there - you can't afford to have him not in the back-half when you have 2 over-cooked eggs like Grimes & Broad. They both looked well and truly cooked im afraid to say.

Going into the game, there were 2 players that most could hurt us. Rowell & King. Both of them completely flogged us. It was like no systems were put in place to ensure they did not get a hold of us. Balta needs to be the guy on a bloke like King. There is no point having your best Key back as your key forward when the I50 count 61-41.

Backline should be

Young Balta Baker/Grimes
Rioli Vlaustin Short

We are likely going to get smoked in the middle more often than not, we need a tight defence to stay in games. The Balta as a fwd thing just feels and looks wrong. We have spent 6 years developing him as a Premier backman in finals, flags... wtf burn all that experience and make him a forward now when the backline is more under pressure than ever?
Dimma developed balta as a defender not Yze
Yze sees balta similar to Jackson who he coached at dee's
Baltas days as a defender are over his days as a 2nd ruck/ forward are just beginning the position Noah was born to play

Upgrade to colour?
nah 2018 tv but kayo are gonna price me out within 12 months i feel

new tvs are now a subscription service

not like the old national with the brown wallpaper that didnt even stop working yet when you threw it out

They've been underperforming for a long time. A cursory glance at their list will tell you that. Not in the same league as Norf or Dawks with battlers across the park. They've got a premiership quality list that's just starting to peak and now a premiership calibre coach.
I'm not here to suck off the suns, we should have and would have beaten then with our best 22 out there, but common sense says they're on the rise.
Yep.
Wasn't expecting too win but must be said the first half was pathetic.
Saw some good signs in 2nd half.
Youth will eventually takeover but it needs too be done in drips.

The real issue is that we do not have a KPD that can match in physical terms the likes of King McKay or Hawkins. King literally brushed off Gibicus in the marking duel to score a goal. Is Ben Miller the short term answer ?
Well I don't think he's a fwd arsole and Hawks practically delisted him but Kozi did start off as a defender.
Was a fan of .miller but he's got no urgency in his game.
Kozi back could/ should be an option.

nah 2018 tv but kayo are gonna price me out within 12 months i feel

new tvs are now a subscription service

not like the old national with the brown wallpaper that didnt even stop working yet when you threw it out
The govt/telstra are taking us for a ride.
I moved closer too melb yet the mobile service was better at my old place 100ks further out.
Go figure.

Dimma developed balta as a defender not Yze
Yze sees balta similar to Jackson who he coached at dee's
Baltas days as a defender are over his days as a 2nd ruck/ forward are just beginning the position Noah was born to play

Yze is the coach & what he wants to do he will do. But my opinion is Balta is a back. I ahve seen Balta probably play over 25 games as a fwd now, its rarely looked good.

Yze is not trying something new. it was done, to death, under the last coach and failed. Club is always bigger than the individual. If the match committee aren't trying to talk him out of it, thats a fail on them. If he is ignoring the advice of those who literally developed these players & the results continue to suck - its going to be on Yze. If i had 100points to allocate a "worked/didn't work" metre on Balta's effectiveness as a forward & if it had a negative affect on the backline performance, I would say Saturday would be about a 97/100. There was literally nothing in that game that suggested he is a forward & the backline can handle him not being the KP-back.

Yze is the coach & what he wants to do he will do. But my opinion is Balta is a back. I ahve seen Balta probably play over 25 games as a fwd now, its rarely looked good.

Yze is not trying something new. it was done, to death, under the last coach and failed. Club is always bigger than the individual. If the match committee aren't trying to talk him out of it, thats a fail on them. If he is ignoring the advice of those who literally developed these players & the results continue to suck - its going to be on Yze. If i had 100points to allocate a "worked/didn't work" metre on Balta's effectiveness as a forward & if it had a negative affect on the backline performance, I would say Saturday would be about a 97/100. There was literally nothing in that game that suggested he is a forward & the backline can handle him not being the KP-back.
Agree to disagree,

He was awesome in the ruck in the 3rd Q…

def worth persisting him forward/ruck role with Lynch back in the side for a least a few games..

If it works it will pay off huge

Back