• 44. Seth Campbell

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • 45. Tylar Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50. Marlion Pickett

Votes: 35 28.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

not expecting much different this week maybe a more concerted effort when the games hot ?
having gone thru our list we're definitely in a restructure phase where theres going to be more lows than highs

we've only 4 elite footballers on the list imo n one of em unfortunately always injured,Lynch, n a side needs at least 6 elite footballers
to challenge,the other 3 besides Lynch are the Goat,Shai & Vlaustin
Dylan was an so was Dion ,not anymore,theyre close to the end

DRioli has the potential to be elite,id say almost there n that it'd be about it
hed be on the same line as Balta,Taranto,Baker,Short,that next tier down

At least Tivendale had a go. Would gut run etc. Not sure how any professional footballer would think walking or shuffling around is ok. I don't watch training and I am wondering how these habits have not been corrected. Local league coaches would barely tolerate this laziness. I certainly never want to see that again live.
I did my best walking and shuffling around when I was a footy player...

in the goal square!

Under the letter of the law that was the correct decision and the free should of been paid. The issue is consistency and if that type of thing will continue to be paid.
We all know the answer to that.

not expecting much different this week maybe a more concerted effort when the games hot ?
having gone thru our list we're definitely in a restructure phase where theres going to be more lows than highs

we've only 4 elite footballers on the list imo n one of em unfortunately always injured,Lynch, n a side needs at least 6 elite footballers
to challenge,the other 3 besides Lynch are the Goat,Shai & Vlaustin
Dylan was an so was Dion ,not anymore,theyre close to the end

DRioli has the potential to be elite,id say almost there n that it'd be about it
hed be on the same line as Balta,Taranto,Baker,Short,that next tier down
Martin is sadly not elite anymore imho. He’s very good, but still not Dusty of the past.
Dan I regard as elite in his position. Flossy I agree on as he rarely stuffs up and when he does it’s bc a teammate lets him down. Balta could be, but brain fades and poor decision making kills him.

Thanks to Dallas Drone Pros film studio and Oxygen media the release of our death on Saturday will be aired on Channel Bravo tonight at 9:30pm. The intrigue will be what the forensic team come up with whether it was an ACCIDENT, SUICIDE or MURDER.
Speaking to Amanda Duarte the show host i was intrigued as she gave me hints to where the episode was looking at into the death.

Was it an ACCIDENT: The inexperienced Yze coaching fraternity started with the three tractor setup in the midfield and everybody in the group thought it would all sort itself out by halfway into the first so no change was needed. In the end we were dead by half time.

Was it SUICIDE: Apparently the players were all in fear as when they heard a Robert O'Gorman led band of umpires were going to officiate the game . They then read Groupie_ 13,750,999 posts on Big footy regarding AFL corruption by these men and decided we were dead and decided suicide was best and not turn up.

Or finally was it A MURDER: Where RFC three times premiership ex coach Dumma lead a team full of flat track bullies and some decent kids in a murder of a team full of old slow champions who should've spent their Saturday watching the game, drinking chardonnays with Grimesy at his winery.

It's apparently compelling viewing and a must watch.

Is it free or do we have to pay to watch it

Read the below extract from the 2024 Rules of the game and see that it is black and white under the rules. There is absolutely no ambiguity in the wording. Broad stood there for a moment and could of disposed of the ball and the GC player starts behind the square and runs in. If Broad was tackled it would of been Holding the Ball.

View attachment 1924218

We as a club do get screwed on Free kicks and dodgy umpire decisions, but this is not one of them.
Seems clear to me an obvious in haste and untutored umpire decision!
A. Broady is under the 9 meter distance from the goal square line!
B. Broady is being harassed and corralled by the oppo player with his extended arms reducing Broady's in play options!
C. Broady was in immediate danger of being caught with the footy...tried to avoid on coming oppo and stepped over the goal line!
D. Broady was not in any ruck contest!
Point scored to GCS...

Seems clear to me an obvious in haste and untutored umpire decision!
A. Broady is under the 9 meter distance from the goal square line!
B. Broady is being harassed and corralled by the oppo player with his extended arms reducing Broady's in play options!
C. Broady was in immediate danger of being caught with the footy...tried to avoid on coming oppo and stepped over the goal line!
D. Broady was not in any ruck contest!
Point scored to GCS...
Should have gone to Specsavers then, because everything you've said was clearly wrong is correct except for Broad being in a rock contest.

See the picture below and compare where Broad is to Rosas, plenty of time and space for Broad to do anything but rush it through

1710118681424.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just back from Spec Savers...clearly Broady was in danger of an eye injury from the oppo's flailing arms and pointy fingers!
Look at the picture I just added in and try again

Have had time to reassess the game again. One of the things I do appreciate on footy forums like BF and PRE we can all have our say without (more times than not) being ridiculed. Saw today on FB some of the tiger pages many coming down on people who have posted some form of criticism. Geez it ain't all rainbows constructive criticism shouldn't be frowned upon.

So just some thoughts, and love to hear what others think.

Gibbo after one year out we'll cut him some slack. As the game progressed, I thought he did ok but in the first quarter to allow a meter distance between him and king was not a good look, He Had to get body on him and then push off when the ball approached, easy pickings for king. If Rutten is backline coach ffs its your job to teach Gibbo to play tighter.

Young for all his supposed one-on-one in contests looked way out of sorts. Needs to offer more when the ball hits the ground, literally stopped every time and did not chase. This should be a non-negotiable.

The club has picked way too many half-bank flanker types and neglected key backs and forwards well at least Bauer and Fawcett look likely youngsters but are not power forwards.

We have Young and Gibcus taking the reigns both are more 2nd to 3rd main backmen, due to Balta being moved forward. That's on you, Matt Clarke.
So these two are going to line up on Curnow and McKay.

Yze who I was rapt to get as our coach and as many have said need to give him time. That may be true but as supporters we still want to see change, different things implemented. Did Dimma email him the team sheet for RD 0, mostly the same bar Naismith, Kosi and Campbell.

When Yze was chosen I wanted a clean sweep of dimmas assistants. Teague and Rutten had to go. Some of the selections have their fingerprints on them. Ross as a sub. Banks in when his preseason was nothing to write home about. Grimes also but I guess insurance for Gibbo and Young. Junior in (thought he took his chance) but based on preseason he shouldn't have been picked. Tresize is tough can play half-back, and wing but we stuck with the same names Pickett and Macca and Banks who had stints last year. Ryan I guess as insurance for Naismith if he broke down, Miller would've been a better choice as he's mobile enough to get around the ground.

The game plan albeit RD 1 looks the same as last year, putrid. Either the changes were so minimal that it's now reverted back or the players can't execute.
Where is the run and carry? Where's the dare to go through the corridor? bar dan rioli no one else. Played too much on the flanks, we dont switch play and open up the fat side. This comes back to the coaches, what the heck have they been doing all summer?

Pressure more times than not wins games. GC ramped it up against us and won. The Blues turned it on in the 2nd half based on pressure and won V Lions.
GWS were frenetic with their pressure and won v the pies.

At the ground more noticeable in the first half which Dimma knows our players back to front. So much so when the usual suspects more times than not only know one way and that is to bomb out of the back line,. short, grimes, broad and vlustuin made it so easy for the GC to win the ball and rebound, why? because they had 3-4 extra players when we bombed out. Dimma knows the players and 99% of the way we play.

I could be wrong but I believe Rutten has the backs and hasn't changed anything to this constant bombing. Teague has the forwards or ball movement and the connection going into fwd 50 was terrible.

Geelong dees, Pies, lions etc have players stationed near the boundary when their backs are in a trouble situation they kick wide knowing someone will be there (an outlet kick). I didnt see us doing that. Dees do that all the time.

Most posters have been saying we are too paced in the midfield and it showed as Taranto, Hopper, and Prestia were always half a meter behind their GC counterparts this due to Yze wanting to play Bolton more forward which leaves Dow and Baker as players who have some speed. Ross is not fast but more agile and can move better than taranto, hopper and prestia. But he starts as the sub :mad:

Much rather Bolton start midfield and rotate forward. Likely 3 of Campbell, Cumberland, Junior, Clarke, Sonsie, Coulthard, Green, and Mansell can play more that small forward role.

Starting midfield should be Taranto, Dusty, and Bolton. 2nd midline consists of Hopper, Dow/ McAuliffe and Ross/Prestia.
Must have some injection of speed in the mix. Baker to half back. Graham, I'm not sure where he fits.

Wings I'd push Short to one wing and Clarke to the other as we have about 8 small forwards who can't fit into 2-3 spots.

This was not a good coaching debut by Yze, 6 months to get the boys up and they flopped. I dearly hope that come RD 1 he makes a fool out of me for this post but many of us saw some warning signs that things didn't look all that different to 2023 in the praccy games.

Not a RD 1 team but a team hopefully we get to as it looks more balanced with youth, experience and speed.

B: Gibcus Young Broad
HB: Baker Vlustuin Rioli
C: Clarke Taranto Short
HF: Campbell Balta (2nd ruck) Sonsie/Mansell
F: Cumbo Lynch Junior/Coulthard
R: Nank, Martin, Bolton
Interchange/Sub: Brown/Tresize 7th defender, Prestia, Graham, Ross, Hopper, McAuliffe, Dow

Notable absentees, Pickett, Macca and Grimes
^ If the club wants to get Pickett to 100 games then sure he's a possible interchange or sub

* Im not a Mansell fan but the coaches going by preseason reckon he'll come in.
**Speed/run on every line. Baker, Rioli, Clarke, Short, Campbell, Mansell. Cumbo, Junior, Bolton, McAuliffe, Dow,

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s already been suggested but I reckon young McAuliffe only played a half on Saturday as they’d seen enough and confirmed he’s ready for senior footy. I reckon he’s just about a certainty to play, unless he was injured?
Really hope this is true
No way all our members of the midfield that played on Saturday can play in 5 day turn around
Ross into the 22 with McAuliffe

B: Gibcus Young Broad
HB: Baker Vlustuin Rioli
C: Clarke Taranto Short
HF: Campbell Balta (2nd ruck) Sonsie/Mansell
F: Cumbo Lynch Junior/Coulthard
R: Nank, Martin, Bolton
Interchange/Sub: Brown/Tresize 7th defender, Prestia, Graham, Ross, Hopper, McAuliffe, Dow
Not to my liking...rather...
Gibcus back to the Ressies for some visible form! Replaced By Balta.
Marlion back to the wing.
Rioli to the wing.
Tresize to HBF.
Campbell....Cumbo....Sonzie
Coulthard....Lynch.....Bolton

Nank...Martin...Dow
Ross...Hopper...McCauliffe...Brown...Mansell

Dow had 6 possessions in a full game of footy, playing in the middle. You can accidentally have more than that most days, he simply has to be dropped after such a bad performance.
Agree, but senior players on huge pay packets let us down also. They're supposed to be leading the way for our kids and were s**t even when they won the footy they butchered it. So based on your standards we should drop them all???
Do we crucify a kid who had six disposals at 100% or two highly paid individuals who had a combined 38 disposals at 52.3% DE? I would love to have a stat for goals conceded to opposition in turnovers / poor disposal by a player as Taranto and Hopper would be high up in this stat.

Not to my liking...rather...
Gibcus back to the Ressies for some visible form! Replaced By Balta.
Marlion back to the wing.
Rioli to the wing.
Tresize to HBF.
Campbell....Cumbo....Sonzie
Coulthard....Lynch.....Bolton

Nank...Martin...Dow
Ross...Hopper...McCauliffe...Brown...Mansell

Fair call mate, Pickett, who plays the game hard, but foot skills are not good.
We need foot skills coming out of the defence and the connection with good skills from Wings to forwards

I did think about Dan Rioli on the wing, but he's run out of the backline is more needed there. Clarke and Short can provide that in spades.

Gibcus Has looked okay in the praccy games and did okay in round zero, but they aren't going to put Balta back so he stays.

I do have brown, or Trezise as the seventh defender.

Our Forward line is basically the same few positional changes with Bolton I have starting mid and rotating forward.
Balta I do believe will play fwd/ruck but is our best defender

This is exactly the situation the club finds itself in 2024.

As good old time and tide wait for no man, we have lost far too much talent and the talent still there is ageing. Only natural given the parameters within which each AFL club operates today.

I can get p!ssed off at hacks like Young, who imo isn't even VFL standard. Ryan, who makes Graham Polak look like a hitman. Dow, who reminds me of a nice mummy's boy. Naismith who looks tough until you fart in his general direction. The list goes on.

But no. I'm going to accept that nature has taken its course and the inevitable drop off has come. I'm going to accept that the current players wearing our famous jumper are just not good enough.

I'm going to accept and hope we can access quality early draft picks over the next couple of years, combined with the possible hidden gem currently on the list; which can put us in a position to win our next premiership in 8-10 years time.

Our 2017 success was 10 years in the making. Our club is in a far better position today than it was in 2007.

Back