• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dow's not ready to be a full time inside mid and maybe never will be - we need to look at developing him in other positions like we did with Ross, he's got some serious toe, much much quicker than I thought he was which is a positive.

Was discussing it with a mate earlier today and i thought he made a valid point, develop him in another position and throw him into the midfield for short spurts like we used to with Edwards. Dow still needs work and development, but he has some tools to work with, drop him to the VFL and develop him as a high HF or even a wing. With his body type he'll never be big enough to play inside mid fulltime without getting worn down by bigger stronger bodies
Dow is slow. He is not quick. Bog average in the speed stakes

Lefau shat the bed - looked slow, disinterested in chasing - which was the opposite from what he showed in training and pre-season games

Thought it was just me. Yeah back to the magoos for a few weeks as the kid looked overwhelmed.

Would love to see Cumbo back as well as MRJ, they’d would be 2 welcomed forward additions.

Dow is slow. He is not quick. Bog average in the speed stakes

If you’re not winning it and distributing it the next best thing is getting on the outside and pushing the team forward. He’s not doing any of that.

Some blokes are just great track athletes and are not group ones. I’ve seen enough of this one. Will never make it.

Hopefully given I’ve made this statement the gods will do all they can to prove me wrong as they usually do.

Not sure what’s going on with Dow. Clearance stats were mentioned on here earlier and his were virtually nonexistent.

Strange, because last year from the small sample his stats were some of the best in the league.
He spent a lot of time on Butters, perhaps he was given a job of trying to stop him, didn't do that to well either, but it sort of explains the lack of ball getting. Not sure if that was the case or not, but I recall thinking it a few times in the game.

I was pretty up about Dow after last year, he really went backwards on the weekend.
I don't like dumping young players after a poor game (forgiving rd.1, he wasn't on his own), so one more week.

But how he can't put on any bulk is strange. He needed to add 2-3kg to take the next step. His brother is much the same.
My son played with Paddy U16/18 and he was a big strong kid back then.

I’m not taken offence by it as I’ve done or said nothing wrong. I’m telling you before you criticise others for their behaviour take a hard look at yourself in the mirror. Your using the taking offence line is the proof that you don’t own the s**t you say and deflect and blame others. You’re a bully and no other word better describes you for your current behaviour.
Now man up and own your s**t
You claim you've done nothing, but the following 3 posts, where you bag the coach after just 3 games, because he's not doing things, you want to see, say otherwise.

Exhibit A
Being a good communicator is only one requirement of being a good coach. He hasn’t really done anything yet that’s impressed me. If Kmac , Pickett ( should be sub only) and Grimes are still trotting around instead of kmac2 and Sonsie and spuds like LeFau are getting games over Cumberland then his identification and recognition of individual player talent is limited. He has only played kids bc of injuries and I was turned off him when he had Ross sub in ground zero. It’s like mini and Dimma never left. His really decent move was he recognised Kosi wasn’t afl standard, but again it was late as it was obvious in the practice games. I can’t see him lasting and Newman will take over in two years time once the boys club retire .
Exhibit B
Add JGTI to that list and he would’ve played round one instead of Ross had he been fit to play. I don’t give a fxxk about winning atm , but pumping games into kids so we can see where they are it and if they will make it . If they can’t then the y get moved on and new additions come along. The reality is in your own admission we’re doomed with all those old blokes so what benefits are there in playing them? This is why I’m not happy with Yze bc he’s still stuck in the past and injuries have forced him to make some changes otherwise his recognition of player talent and rewarding in form players has been abysmal. People were screaming out for weeks to play kmac2 and he’s wasted getting 30 possessions in the twos when we needed him on Saturday against PA strong midfield. Sonsie also looked good in the practice games and he was ignored. Cumberland has added a defensive element to his game and has been doing the team thing and is ignored for some one trick pony cowboy footballer who has been on the list for just over a month.
Exhibit C
It’s not about winning as that’s being narrow minded and short sighted.

Like I said the ones that feel they need to criticize posts like the ones I've made, are usually those have a guilty conscience and feel the need to defend themselves from accusations, that weren't even leveled at them in the first place.

You claim you've done nothing, but the following 3 posts, where you bag the coach after just 3 games, because he's not doing things, you want to see, say otherwise.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Like I said the ones that feel they need to criticize posts like the ones I've made, are usually those have a guilty conscience and feel the need to defend themselves from accusations, that weren't even leveled at them in the first place.
That’s my opinion on the coach to date and I’m entitled to it. I haven’t insulted posters who have the contrary opinion like you have. You are being a fool as I said to you on four occasions now it’s a football forum and posters are entitled to their opinions on their views of the club. I hope I’m wrong with mine , but atm I’m just disappointed the way certain players are picked. You are a nuisance on here bc you actually pick on posters bc you don’t agree with them which is not the ethos or spirit of the forum. Then you deflect your arguments with stupid examples which amplifies my point where you think you are right by bagging out posters bc they disagree with your opinion. Now get back in your hole and stick to posting about the club and not what you think about posters. Your behaviour is now childish and that of a spoilt brat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow has frustrated the hell out of me in the first 3 rounds but is there any harm in giving him another couple of games?

Showed so much in those pre season games. I keep thinking there is something there to work with.

It should be contracted out to ensure it can’t be corrupted, well not easily
Just honestly review each game and admit the decisions they got wrong. That would put pressure on the umpires and the AFL to get the umpiring right. It would also show how hard it is to umpire the game which might generate some sympathy for local umpires. They won’t do it of course because then they would have to explain how Carlton got three incorrect umpiring decisions resulting in three goals that won them the game against us.

Dow has frustrated the hell out of me in the first 3 rounds but is there any harm in giving him another couple of games?

Showed so much in those pre season games. I keep thinking there is something there to work with.
goes out for big daddy mcauliffe

Just honestly review each game and admit the decisions they got wrong. That would put pressure on the umpires and the AFL to get the umpiring right. It would also show how hard it is to umpire the game which might generate some sympathy for local umpires. They won’t do it of course because then they would have to explain how Carlton got three incorrect umpiring decisions resulting in three goals that won them the game against us.
they condone it since they orchestrate it all

Betting is muddying the water, they can't risk punter backlash so no betting on the sport might make a difference IDK

Given how quickly the ball was getting into Port’s 50 I reckon Miller’s game was excellent. Dixon is a massive unit.

The spot is his to lose. Hopefully he can make it his for a decade.

It’s the chance he had been waiting for, hopefully he can make the most of it. It’s a very promising start.

Dixon kicked Two goals one of those goals were soft as in the last qtr by memory rarely do we see lynch or jack get those type of soft frees over the years. Take that freebie away and miller gets the clear win over him.

I think our match committee is a problem at moment the Lefau selection was puzzling and the team balance was wrong. On top of that yet to see them make a statement dropping a few of our senior players not performing. We had this issue last year the kids taking the rapt for there poor form. Let's hope Yze is having his fair say who plays or not.

Dixon kicked Two goals one of those goals were soft as in the last qtr by memory rarely do we see lynch or jack get those type of soft frees over the years. Take that freebie away and miller gets the clear win over him.
port won cos of the umps same as carltoon last week

same as last years game against port. multiple soft frees and 50s infront of goal was the difference

Im over the cheating

the club takes its 100k members for
granted

We have to go for more speed this week to not embarrass ourselves cause Swans have speed across all lines. Its our only hope of a respectful performance. For the in's and team balance, I'd go MRJ up forward for pressure and speed, Broad and Young down back for stability. McAulliffe to debut. He's a young bull with speed and thumping left foot. Let him loose in the midfield to see what he's got. I have no doubt he's up to the level. Bolton has to stay midfield this week. Pickett wins a reprieve for another week. He stays wing and we take his disposal for what it is. At least with Marlion, he's 100% in the contest. The outs ? Lefau, Dow, this kills me but Grimes and Kmac too. The other wing. Rotate both Banks and Dan Rioli.

We have to go for more speed this week to not embarrass ourselves cause Swans have speed across all lines. Its our only hope of a respectful performance. For the in's and team balance, I'd go MRJ up forward for pressure and speed, Broad and Young down back for stability. McAulliffe to debut. He's a young bull with speed and thumping left foot. Let him loose in the midfield to see what he's got. I have no doubt he's up to the level. Bolton has to stay midfield this week. Pickett wins a reprieve for another week. He stays wing and we take his disposal for what it is. At least with Marlion, he's 100% in the contest. The outs ? Lefau, Dow, this kills me but Grimes and Kmac too. The other wing. Rotate both Banks and Dan Rioli.
I'd love to see MRJ play a bit of a tagging role on Blakey. Blakey is so incredibly damaging coming out of the back, I'd almost put him down as their most important player because of the flow on effect he creates.

Back