Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon is going to be a worry with Tyler Young out.

Anyone aside from Balta is going to struggle against him physically. Miller is fairly tall and athletic, but probably doesn't have the strength/mongrel to go toe to toe with Dixon who is very physical in the contest.

Dixon is not a threat, he's an old campaigner who can't run and is injury prone.

Dixon is not a threat, he's an old campaigner who can't run and is injury prone.
It doesn't really matter though, he's big and strong and can take a contested mark and easily jag 3-5 if we don't have a good match up for him.

Against anyone who's undersized he's just going to bully them in the contest which also creates options for the smalls if he doesn't take the mark he will draw defenders.

Dixon has had his one good game, Todd Marshall probably kick a bag against us

Dixon has had his one good game, Todd Marshall probably kick a bag against us
Todd Marshall is probably the more appropriate match up for Miller though is what I'm saying. Less physically imposing and more athletic which Miller can match.

Unless we bring in Kosi as a KPD, I don't see how we can get away with having Balta forward this week.

Todd Marshall is probably the more appropriate match up for Miller though is what I'm saying. Less physically imposing and more athletic which Miller can match.

Unless we bring in Kosi as a KPD, I don't see how we can get away with having Balta forward this week.
Balta has to play forward this week, because they've got a tall defense.

Broad can play on Dixon

No way , miller goes to Dixon , broad or grimes to Marshall

Dixon is going to be a worry with Tyler Young out.

Anyone aside from Balta is going to struggle against him physically. Miller is fairly tall and athletic, but probably doesn't have the strength/mongrel to go toe to toe with Dixon who is very physical in the contest.
Not sure Tyler young has put that much space on our next best options at this juncture in his career

It doesn't really matter though, he's big and strong and can take a contested mark and easily jag 3-5 if we don't have a good match up for him.

Against anyone who's undersized he's just going to bully them in the contest which also creates options for the smalls if he doesn't take the mark he will draw defenders.
Zackly...he'll do a Porkins...push and appeal for free kicks...very much a confidence player at his age now...need runners of the HB line with plodders like these...retrieve the footy back and then run!

ppl love the blame game bro
Was listening to one of Yze’s interviews over the weekend and he was asked something along the lines of did he stay up all night wondering what could of been

I’m paraphrasing but his answer was something along the lines of

I was a very good user of the footy but even I never hit every target and if you go down that line of thinking you will send yourself crazy
He said he slept well knowing the endeavour of how the players played overall

I’ll try and find the exact clip and post it but it really resonates with how there is no point trying to blame one play or one action for a loss, or even a win for that matter

Edit found it (was from the run home interview on sen

Here is a link of a snippet and also the full interview

Very much worth taking some time to listen

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to have some doubts over McAuliffe's ability to run at AFL midfield requirements. Has only played 2 half ressies games so far, not exactly grounds for breaking into the side. Do you rather use Dow, Bolton and Martin more through there and add a bit of run and class like Clarke.

Lefau might be a handy option, use him forward and ruck if we need Balta back at some stage and you don't lose that Balta like athleticism up forward. Has taken 2 ripper marks in the last 2 weeks, so he's not just a hard body.

You'd have to have some doubts over McAuliffe's ability to run at AFL midfield requirements. Has only played 2 half ressies games so far, not exactly grounds for breaking into the side. Do you rather use Dow, Bolton and Martin more through there and add a bit of run and class like Clarke.

Lefau might be a handy option, use him forward and ruck if we need Balta back at some stage and you don't lose that Balta like athleticism up forward. Has taken 2 ripper marks in the last 2 weeks, so he's not just a hard body.
Yze has already stated Balta is staying forward

Mansell kills it all preseason, makes one mistake coming back from injury, delisted.

It's a fair point you make...

But he also made plenty of mistakes last year as well..

Cost us the Essendon Game
Now cost us the Carlton game

Mansell kills it all preseason, makes one mistake coming back from injury, delisted.
He played 18 games as a half forward last year. Yes he made a mistake, he also had only 6 possessions, much like last year.

Preseason doesn't count for much, all the senior, first year and injured/rehab players are just getting through it, those on the edge are the one's busting a gut.

Not if Dixon gets off the chain.
Balta only goes back if we cop injury’s during the game again

Yze said as much on Saturday
He wants to just back guys in who gets brought in

It's a fair point you make...

But he also made plenty of mistakes last year as well..

Cost us the Essendon Game
Now cost us the Carlton game
Can't hang him for last years efforts after he's put in a body of work over the ps that was drawing high praise from just about everyone. he ****ed up one kick, we had a dozen other chances to win the game that weren't taken. To drop a guy for one blunder is an emotional call not a reasoned one.

He played 18 games as a half forward last year. Yes he made a mistake, he also had only 6 possessions, much like last year.

Preseason doesn't count for much, all the senior, first year and injured/rehab players are just getting through it, those on the edge are the one's busting a gut.
Hasn't really had much of a shot to show his gains though. Don't reckon his one game working his way back from injury as the sub is enough to really judge him on.

Back