• 41. Banks

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • 43. Bauer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 45. Young

Votes: 36 33.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We need Emma Murray back to help the new coaching group shape and strenghten the new look team.

Or David Astbury, he works at HPM that Emma founded and his Tiger links are obvious.
Gee, would love to get big Dave back at the club in player strengthening type of role. Astbury knows all about the rigours of footy. He got everything out of his body in 155 games. Plagued by injury setbacks early in his career. Would be a great addition. Hope the club makes it happen.

Has anyone else heard Tigers into Elijah Hollande Gold Coast
They r looking at offloading him plus first round pick to free up salary space similar to Bowes last year
Much like Geelong last year. If it gives us a first round pick, would strongly look at it.

Has anyone else heard Tigers into Elijah Hollande Gold Coast
They r looking at offloading him plus first round pick to free up salary space similar to Bowes last year

Wasn't there some rumour doing the rounds very early on about us getting Gold Coast's first rounder? The insinuation was handshake deal due to us allowing Hardwick to go there without us being campaigners about it.

Anyone notice how since Hardwick got the GCS gig and the rumours are Dusty will join him, the media has started praising Dusty again, has him in All Australian and singing his praises as being back to his best? Couldn’t get a look in before but now he is in all the stories. Meanwhile Taranto career best season and no mention.

Sour journos want the narrative of the champ returning to his best and leaving the club for GCS so badly. Just another example of the hate for a club and cynical desire to see the dynasty dismantled and supporters disappointed after our recent success

The single biggest reason this year was disappointing is Lynch's injury. Lynch plays, we make finals, the bloke is that good and that important.
I don't agree that Lynch automatically would have made us a finals team & I hope the club isn't thinking that way either, we have bigger issues than just that. when Lynch played, our form as a team wasn't even good draw/1 win/2 losses.

I think our team defense & pressure has been a joke at times this season.

We will be playing a young team next season which means more or less more losses, in less our best players all have extraordinary seasons & the kids we drafted a couple of years ago dramatically improve.

I'm telling ya's all now prepare for a tough 2024.

I don't agree that Lynch automatically would have made us a finals team & I hope the club isn't thinking that way either, we have bigger issues than just that. when Lynch played, our form as a team wasn't even good draw/1 win/2 losses.

We will be playing a young team next season which means more or less more losses, in less our best players all have extraordinary seasons & the kids we drafted a couple of years ago dramatically improve.

Defensive pressure went through the roof from 17 to 20 which won us the flags. Our problem is foot and handball skills and like you said once that pressure has come off we have been shown up. Our skill to the forward line was the joke as it was just bomb it forward and hope for the best. Thats why I would prefer someone new at the helm with new ideas just like it happened end of 16.

With Lynch in the team, we drew with a red hot Carlton team and based on the stats absolutely should've won. Then we beat Adelaide away which is a very good win in hindsight (we were also 50 points up in that one), narrowly lost to the Pies which was expected, and then probably would've beaten the Dogs if Lynch wasn't injured during the game.

I'm buoyant on 2024 unless Lynch misses basically the whole season again.

Are you joking or what??? As if we wouldn’t have won another 3-4 games with Lynch in the side.
Mate, stop being so glass half empty. The guy is easily the best contested mark in the whole comp. We lost to the Bummers by a point. Lynch plays and we win by 20+.

With Lynch in the team, we drew with a red hot Carlton team and based on the stats absolutely should've won. Then we beat Adelaide away which is a very good win in hindsight (we were also 50 points up in that one), narrowly lost to the Pies which was expected, and then probably would've beaten the Dogs if Lynch wasn't injured during the game.

I'm buoyant on 2024 unless Lynch misses basically the whole season again.
Plus we will get a good draw due to finishing bottom 6. Thats a 1-2 game head start.

Anyone notice how since Hardwick got the GCS gig and the rumours are Dusty will join him, the media has started praising Dusty again, has him in All Australian and singing his praises as being back to his best? Couldn’t get a look in before but now he is in all the stories. Meanwhile Taranto career best season and no mention.

Sour journos want the narrative of the champ returning to his best and leaving the club for GCS so badly. Just another example of the hate for a club and cynical desire to see the dynasty dismantled and supporters disappointed after our recent success

You’re so right Chriso. Journos are just itching for Dusty to go to GCS, willing it to happen so they can say ‘see we told you so’. Scum they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you joking or what??? As if we wouldn’t have won another 3-4 games with Lynch in the side.
Mate, stop being so glass half empty. The guy is easily the best contested mark in the whole comp. We lost to the Bummers by a point. Lynch plays and we win by 20+.

We definitely would have won at least 3-4 more games first half of the year. Then don’t underestimate the value of confidence and momentum.

The evidence is there it's a big sample size.
We are a spent force.
Or perhaps we are having to replace George, Butler, Higgins and D Rioli with young players that aren’t up to playing to their level at this stage of their development.
I think Judson, MJR and Coulthard are potentially better than the original 3 amigos, and we can still send Dan back forward into his old role.

Ross with the high take and landing with the quick turn away from Butters & Jones, Dusty brilliantly running onto it beating Boak & JGTI with the nice finish running I50.

Back