Preview Round 1 v Carlton MCG Thursday March 14 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not talking about best starting position but selected as a utility on the bench

Means they are the guy who rotates through multiple roles as players need to be rotated onto the bench or can fill in a gap if we have a gameday injury if the sub isn’t an adequate cover for that particular player

Gives coaches flexibility on gameday to make match up changes easier
Before Pickett we used Grigg in the same type of role
Yes and no. I like the idea, but really Pickett has only ever played decent football on the wing. Grigg was a centreman, wingman and of course a ruckman.

Mansell might be that utility, he can play back, I think he could play wing, and maybe high forward, but I think it is better to play players where they best suit, and Mansell is not best 22 in my eyes. But, I hope the cracking preseason that he has had converts into something. At least he has the coaches behind him, so that will give him a lot of confidence, so you never know.

Melts after rd1
Criticizing the coach
Carrying on like flogs.

* me this place is a joke sometimes.

It’s one game ffs relax
New coach might need a few games in anger to find his right mix
* off to tassie ya half arsed supporters
Careful mate, the half arsed supporters are a little touchy about being criticised, which is rather ironic

Hitouts are over rated.
Hit outs are the only stat we managed to convincingly beat Gold Coast in last week

That alone is enough evidence to suggest hitouts mean sweet * all

Hit outs are the only stat we managed to convincingly beat Gold Coast in last week

That alone is enough evidence to suggest hitouts mean sweet * all

its coz we spent years intentionally loosing clearances and all our mids still think like that. they forgot that steve hocking changed all the rules he could to beat our gameplan. they're also the mids that feed ideas to anyone new we recruit like tarantino. hopefully Uzi gonna fix this in the coming months. nothing to do with the rucks our mids are just clueless campaigners in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the ruckman. A good ruckman would tap it down our midfielders throat every time.
Even the best rucks probably only have 2 or 3 clean hit outs to advantage a game that would result in an easy clearance and probably only one of them a game would result in a goal

It’s fools gold trying to develop a gameplan around it

Pies looked better post Grundy who was the 2nd best or even best ruck in the comp

Gold Coast and Richmond had the same amount of hitouts to advantage last week

Even the best rucks probably only have 2 or 3 clean hit outs to advantage a game that would result in an easy clearance and probably only one of them a game would result in a goal

It’s fools gold trying to develop a gameplan around it

Pies looked better post Grundy who was the 2nd best or even best ruck in the comp
f69fb13a-ade4-438f-9a8c-c6e24f685dec-gif.1620636

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back