Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind mcauliffe not being selected this week. give him another week in the 2's to build a solid block of form. there is a chance we could get touched up on Sunday and I don't reckon thats good for a player to debut when that happens. the way things are going most of our young players will get a chunk of senior opportunity. I'd prefer to see him debut vs the saints or even the eagles. go the tigers (bit worried about this weeks result)

With a crucial player like Grimes injured, must play Balta in defence.
Shore up defence at all costs.
No ifs, no buts.
You can "experiment" once you prevent the opposition kicking winning scores.
Don't GAFF if it looks butt ugly.

We have the worst list in the comp and it’s not even an argument. The team on paper looks s**t this week.

Understandably we have injuries and have no depth but lots of pain to come.
A lot of untried depth, we will know a lot more about the quality of our young players in 13 weeks time. The pain will come, but not sure what degree as yet.

With a crucial player like Grimes injured, must play Balta in defence.
Shore up defence at all costs.
No ifs, no buts.
You can "experiment" once you prevent the opposition kicking winning scores.
Don't GAFF if it looks butt ugly.
Broad is a better player than Grimes these days and comes back in. Miller is also there and was good last week. We are not a worse side with Grimes out sad to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coulthard is playing in the 2s
Balta is not injured
Graham is in full training
Broad has been picked in the senior team
Lynch is coming back from a very serious foot injury was always going to take 4 - 6 matches b5 he is 100% fit

So what you’re saying was my post was an overreaction?

JGTI won’t be ready for1-2 weeks
There was speculation Broad was injured…glad he’s good

Lynch will come good after our bye…still rusty and has to cop being triple teamed

Where’s Bauer?

Looks like Yze has an idea for the structure of the team he wants.
The INs are as close to like for like as you can get to the OUT's:

Young for Grimes
Broad for Trezise
M Rioli for Clarke (which was original plan last week before the late out)
Sonsie for Dusty - OK, there is no like for like here, but I'd argue Sonsie ahead of Cumberland.

I'm a believer in giving your new players more than 1 week - so happy enough for Lefau to have another match or two. I'm not expecting Kozi, Ryan or Naismith to be much of an upgrade on him as a KPF and don't see Cumberland playing the same role.
Good to see Miller & Brown keep their spots - shame about Tresize's injury.

Banks has shown why we are persisting with MacIntosh & Pickett on the wings. He's next in line but not showing much at AFL level. Who is next? Ralphsmith? Maybe Kaleb Smith if he gets a run of form behind him?

McAuliffe will get his chance. Absolutely no rush with him.
Clarke probably the one who's unlucky to be out of the team but I feel it's Campbell who's currently taking his spot.

The thing with Sydney that scares me is they are ultra efficient by foot. If they're given time and space they'll just keep hitting targets and kicking goals. The only way to beat them is with a high pressure game and making every possession a contest. It's the opposite of what we've been doing. From what I can see we've still got Hardwicks pre-stand era zone defense that he never adjusted. Unless we start manning up we're dead in the water.

Yeh let's throw him in before he's ready so he has a s**t game, trashes his confidence and all you nuffies turn on him in an instant.

It often pays off to me patience. If he's not ready then he's not ready.
Inarticulately against a midfield of the Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back