Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s his level. Coughs it up too often pressure or no pressure. Panics when contact is coming. Doesn’t break tackles.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed but if he continues his current vein of form he could very well work his way back into the AFL although the competition for a spot as a HB is one of out most hotly contested positions. When playing well he does provide good line breaking qualities and today his disposal was up to the standard we all expect.

yeah like last year when he was killing it in the VFL and still couldn't get a game ?

Killing it? He kicked 19 goals in 7 games. Scoreless in R1. Injured. Came back and played rounds 8 and 9 and kicked 3-goals and 4-goals. He was the given some senior opportunities:

R12 v GWS. 2 kicks and 0.1 in 30 minutes as sub. Tigers won.

R13 v Freo. Didn’t play seniors or VFL .. Tigers won.

R14 v Saints. Didn’t play. Tigers won.

R15 v Lions. Kicked 1-goal from 7 touches in 81 point loss. (90 mins game time)

R17 v Swans. Didn’t play. Tigers won.

R18 v Eagles. Didn’t play seniors. Tigers won. (He played VFL and had 15 touches and kicked 2)

R19 v Hawks. Didn’t play. Tigers won. (He played VFL and had 14 touches and kicked 2

So at this stage, on the back of Richmond winning 6 of 7 games, are we really shocked he wasn’t playing? 15 and 2 then 14 and 2 isn’t exactly banging the door down ….

R20. Didn’t play. Tigers lost to Demons. Cumbo kicked 6 in VFL.

On the back of his 6 goals he got promoted.

R21 v Dogs. 13 touches and 1.2. Went at 38% DE. Had 8 turnovers from his 13 touches. Played 103 minutes. Tigers got flogged. I think we all remember this game … Cumbo looked completely devoid of confidence with some howling braid fades.

He didn’t play another senior game. He played one more VFL game and kicked 2.2.

So he’s hardly going to come into a winning team kicking 2-goals. When he kicked 6 he came in and had a mare.

And now in VFL today he kicks 2-goals from 9 touches and 1 tackle. If he’s genuinely AFL quality he will soon be kicking 3’s and 4’s at VFL level and getting disposals into the teens.

I’m not saying he hasn’t been a bit stiff on occasions. And I believe a few others have been a little fortunate. But let’s not pretend 19 goals in 7 games at VFL level is any sort of form that forces the selectors hand, especially when 6 of those 19 came in one game - after which he immediately got promoted.

Killing it? He kicked 19 goals in 7 games. Scoreless in R1. Injured. Came back and played rounds 8 and 9 and kicked 3-goals and 4-goals. He was the given some senior opportunities:

R18 v Eagles. Didn’t play seniors. Tigers won. (He played VFL and had 15 touches and kicked 2)

R19 v Hawks. Didn’t play. Tigers won. (He played VFL and had 14 touches and kicked 2

So at this stage, on the back of Richmond winning 6 of 7 games, are we really shocked he wasn’t playing? 15 and 2 then 14 and 2 isn’t exactly banging the door down ….

R21 v Dogs. 13 touches and 1.2. Went at 38% DE. Had 8 turnovers from his 13 touches. Played 103 minutes. Tigers got flogged. I think we all remember this game … Cumbo looked completely devoid of confidence with some howling braid fades.

So he’s hardly going to come into a winning team kicking 2-goals. When he kicked 6 he came in and had a mare.

And now in VFL today he kicks 2-goals from 9 touches and 1 tackle. If he’s genuinely AFL quality he will soon be kicking 3’s and 4’s at VFL level and getting disposals into the teens.

I’m not saying he hasn’t been a bit stiff on occasions. And I believe a few others have been a little fortunate. But let’s not pretend 19 goals in 7 games at VFL level is any sort of form that forces the selectors hand, especially when 6 of those 19 came in one game - after which he immediately got promoted.

And yet he is a small that kicks more goals than what we currently have in the seniors. The guy is mentally scarred. On one occasion yesterday he went in for a tackle the guy dropped it and he didn't go back in. He put his hands on his hips and gave up. He is no Papley but then again he hasn't been looked after properly. I still have faith that if we can get a winning culture he will thrive.

Amazing stats, really good perspective. However some consideration must be given for the position he plays. He is reliant on the mids and backs to kick the ball to him and he and them need to learn to synchronise. Similar with the other small forwards. If he doesn’t get at least 4 continuous games what chance does he really have. And finally he could be 20 metres clear and most of the side would kick to a one on one with Dusty. I would love to see him get a chance but he plays the same role as Dusty and we probably can’t have both in the team together

Looking forward to the game today. I'm not expecting a win, but what I do want to see is a performance much like last week, the players having a real crack and showing the fight that they showed last week. Also want to see the game plan being executed better and more consistently. The other thing I'm looking forward to it see the kids that have been given a chance taking the opportunity to stake a claim for a spot in the side moving forward. The more of them that can step up the better as it will fast track their development and get us closer to finding players for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the game today. I'm not expecting a win, but what I do want to see is a performance much like last week, the players having a real crack and showing the fight that they showed last week. Also want to see the game plan being executed better and more consistently. The other thing I'm looking forward to it see the kids that have been given a chance taking the opportunity to stake a claim for a spot in the side moving forward. The more of them that can step up the better as it will fast track their development and get us closer to finding players for the future.
Same here. This is all I'm looking forward to today. Going to games this year I know we're we are at. Let's see if Adem Yze can get the gameplan going to produce consistent efforts each week. Of course injuries will effect this.

how do presita and hopper go out of the side and we dont bring in a midfielder
Because Ross, Taranto, Dow, Shai and Dusty are midfielders and Baker would like to think he is and MRJ definitely is a midfielder not a small forward

Last year we were trying to hide midfielders in other positions and finally through retirement and injury we now are putting out balanced side

The speed and foot skills on Miller, Banks and Brown is A grade and I am excited to see what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back