Retired David Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll put my hand up,

I was angry at the club for not taking pick12 for armo last year thought we were being weak after the sacking of peltch.

He's just gone up a level, can't wait for ROSS to give him a hand now.

Is now 2nd in aflca voting at the end of round 6 with 31 votes. 2nd to Nat Fyfe.

AFLCA Player of the Year leaderboard
50 - Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
31 - David Armitage (St Kilda)
30 - Dan Hannebery (Sydney Swans)
30 - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
29 - Dylan Shiel (GWS)
27 - Tom McDonald (Melbourne)
26 - Josh Kennedy (Sydney Swans)
23 - David Mundy (Fremantle)
23 - Matt Priddis (West Coast)
22 - Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne)

I'll put my hand up,

I was angry at the club for not taking pick12 for armo last year thought we were being weak after the sacking of peltch.

He's just gone up a level, can't wait for ROSS to give him a hand now.
Not sure how true it is but what I heard it was Armo & 19 for 12, glad we told them they were dreaming if that was the case

Not sure how true it is but what I heard it was Armo & 19 for 12, glad we told them they were dreaming if that was the case

We never had pick 19...

Whens Armitage going to step up and be a gun/very good player?

I always thought he just never got the chance with Hayes, Monty, Steven, Goddard and NDS in front of him but most of them have moved on and now and hed be a starting onballer with Dunstan and Steven now. I was thinking it would be next year but didnt really eventuate.

I know most think hes limited but i still think he could have some shane tuck, brock mclean about him when they were at their best. Im waiting for an exceptional year from him, i think this could be it.

Has the time in the guts now but will never get tagged. Is he that far different from Priddis?
Thanks for the like. Has come good. Wish id picked him for my fantasy side this year as last year i was looking at him as a unique but didnt end up going along with it. But this year he hasnt taken off and hes also improved others around him.

I dunno about that one. That is WAAAAY unders even for Armo's last year performance. Still, its certainly a possible trade proposition from the porpoises at Carlton's list managment so knows..

I hold my hands up, I first heard the Armo trade rumour as Armo for pick #6, and I was pretty angry we didn't take it because whilst I felt Armo was a very good player and crucial for us in terms of being a solid body working alongside young lads still to develop, I reckoned his output didn't merit a pick so high so we should take it. Pick 12 certainly much less worth it. But now I'd say he's starting to have the influence you'd want from someone taken at pick 6 anyway.

That said, as was noted by the commentators in the 2nd Qtr he had 23 posessions, 10 kicks, 5 hit a target. Just to accumulate isn't to play well, and he was making errors.
But in the 2nd half he basically won the game - I know people are giving big wraps to Billings for kicking goals and the commentators loved JB, but Armo was the one winning the ball and getting it forward. Can't believe the clearance numbers, only 8?! I swear it felt as if he won about 10 in a row at one point.

I've just made a hell of a realisation... I'm going to the International Series this year, potentially as staff. At his current pace, Armo has a pretty good chance of being there too.

I apologise now folks, but if I end up on a night out in Dublin with Armo and potentially Fish, the club might wish they'd were still besties with Dusty...

Really like this part of the article:

The Saints announced their potential in style when Armitage had an amazing 45 disposals in their 55-point come-from-behind win against the Western Bulldogs in round six.

It could easily have been in different colours though. Greg [Armo's father] revealed Richmond had made a serious first-round offer for Armitage.

"I'm not sure David would have gone," he said. "He loves the Saints and he'll die with that club, I'd say."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In retrospect, pick 12 is unders for Armo's output this year. Funny how things work out.

We would have looked like mega dickheads with that trade. Our whole season would probably have looked different. We in all likelihood have been sitting last with no wins and looking back on how good Armo was. Sometimes you can really dodge a bullet. Some said the Armo near trade cost the Pelican his job.

Yeah I have a good feeling that Pelchen was adamant about trading Armo to bring in those picks.

Honestly, had Armo gone for the likely top 7 pick he MAY have been worth it considering who we could have gotten but not in the teens.

Wasn't it said somewhere Richmond wanted Armo and 21/22 for Pick 12?

If so thank * we never went near that.

Yeah I have a good feeling that Pelchen was adamant about trading Armo to bring in those picks.

Honestly, had Armo gone for the likely top 7 pick he MAY have been worth it considering who we could have gotten but not in the teens.

I have only ever heard pick 12 straight swap.

Well yeah I know this was what was offered (or what Stanelydunstanhead said) just that had a better offer come through then it may have been worth it.. maybe.

I have a mate who has some contacts at the Tigers and he heard they had offered pick 12 but said it was rejected. Didn't give any other details other than that though. He had also heard we had had a look at Dusty the year before but chose to not go after him. It's a shame in a way but would have probably meant no Billings.

I have a mate who has some contacts at the Tigers and he heard they had offered pick 12 but said it was rejected. Didn't give any other details other than that though. He had also heard we had had a look at Dusty the year before but chose to not go after him. It's a shame in a way but would have probably meant no Billings.
Why would it have meant no Billings?

At the time I reckon Martin would've went in the PSD and we would have gotten him. As GWS and Melbourne with picks before us ruled out going for him

Why would it have meant no Billings?

At the time I reckon Martin would've went in the PSD and we would have gotten him. As GWS and Melbourne with picks before us ruled out going for him

I would imagine he wouldn't hang them out to dry like that and they got him with a top 5 pick so would have wanted something similar. He is a very good player but high maintenance.

After today is averaging 32.8 possessions, 4.8 marks, 4.9 tackles and just shy of 1 goal per game.

Genuinely a gun now. Late bloomer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back