Round 9 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight warriors? Lol.
No hindsight needed, I brought him in which is foresight? ;)
He was always going to do well after his teammates were egging him on and putting donuts in his locker all week after his sub-par games.... Oh and he probably wants to win the Coleman aswell
Such a shame it wasn't pissing down rain last night.

Hi guys, quick Q..... I have Yeo who has the week off...... are we starting McKenzie or McIntosh?

Hi guys, quick Q..... I have Yeo who has the week off...... are we starting McKenzie or McIntosh?
Mcintosh is playing first, so as long as he's not the sub, I'll be going with him. If you role the dice with Mckenzie and he gets the sub vest (very possible) then you will lose points as well as your temper.

hard luck - the worst thing is when a fairly safe pick doesn't perform (I have selwood). Long term I think they are still sound choices over the season.

I know it's sideways but you could take a risk and trade one of them in R12 for a fallen superpremo (be good if Sloane came back next week and fell a bit more). I have 4 gun R12 mids. Had always planned for Steven to be around for only 6 or 7 weeks to get Rocky or another non R12 player in but I never needed him for this purpose so now I have a nice problem - I might choose to trade him out at top value in R12 especially if he goes huge again this week.

I know it's a shame they will be under value at the time of their bye but might be worth burning a trade in this case.

I've got Jelwood as well.

Maybe he'll save me and pump a 180. ...more likely he'll limp to an 80.

Mcintosh is playing first, so as long as he's not the sub, I'll be going with him. If you role the dice with Mckenzie and he gets the sub vest (very possible) then you will lose points as well as your temper.
Thanks guys.

Wow I can't believe anyone would consider trading out Jack.
You know he's the 10th ranked player in the whole game for the season right... averaging 120 over the last 5 weeks?

Plus he isn't exactly playing above himself- he's done it before over a whole season.

Madness.

Of course I know how he's travelling.

Firstly it's not his average up to this point, it's his average from here on that counts.

Lets look at an example...
Suppose Brodie Smith returns next week. It's not impossible in round 12 that Steven will be worth 170k more than Smith (140k is probably more likely but I'm just doing this as a hypothetical). So for the cost of a trade you can have Smith (+170k to spend elsewhere) or Steven in your team. Presuming no further missed games to the end of the year you get 1 extra match out of Smith (R12). Who will average the most from that point until the end of the year? If you think that will be Smith then the trade starts looking pretty good. I haven't looked at the relative draws of Saints or Crows yet or possibly other factors worth considering.

I'm not saying I'm going to do it, however you need to look for value in Supercoach and when an asset is overvalued it can be worth selling up.

Can't you loophole using Yeo, with WCE playing last game of rd?
Hmmmm, perhaps. Yeo is currently my Captain (for Buddys VC score).
Am I better off putting Josh Glenn onfield and as Captain, and somehow utilizing Yeo to choose between McIntosh & McKenzie in the backs??

My backs are YEO, Mcdonald, Shaw, Oxley, Newnes, Saad, (McKenzie, McIntosh)

I haven't used Gray before yet. I'll add him to the list when I do and he works out
Fyfe is beyond compare. However;

Gray has played 7 games.

3/7 @ 130+ (43%)
4/7 @ 120+ (57%)
6/7 @ 110+ (86%)
6/7 @ 100+
1/7 < 100

Pendles has played 8 games.

2/8 @ 130+ (25%)
3/8 @ 120+ (37.5%)
5/8 @ 110+ (62.5%)
7/8 @ 100+
1/8 < 100

FWIW

Am I better off putting Josh Glenn onfield and as Captain, and somehow utilizing Yeo to choose between McIntosh & McKenzie in the backs??

If you're having more doubts about who to play in def, do emerg loophole here.

Use Glenn for Capt loophole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a no brainer to put your house on Sydney winning by more than 59 points but less than 61 points. Did you do it??

Hindsight warriors? Lol.
He was always going to do well after his teammates were egging him on and putting donuts in his locker all week after his sub-par games.... Oh and he probably wants to win the Coleman aswell
I'm guessing that's a no and that you missed the no brainer. Disappointing.

Fyfe is beyond compare. However;

Gray has played 7 games.

3/7 @ 130+ (43%)
4/7 @ 120+ (57%)
6/7 @ 110+ (86%)
6/7 @ 100+
1/7 < 100

Pendles has played 8 games.

2/8 @ 130+ (25%)
3/8 @ 120+ (37.5%)
5/8 @ 110+ (62.5%)
7/8 @ 100+
1/8 < 100

FWIW
Neale 4 x 130+. Fyfe 3. For pure consistency Fyfe probably still just nudges it, but Neale has been 130+ 3 of the last 4 weeks.

Heard this on the radio...

Bob murphy to Hogan who's having a set shot gee you better kick this! your the great white hope for your spud team.

Hogan slots it hey Bob who that over there..........>
On the bench (boyd) hes your great white hope.

LOL....

For someone who claims to have been playing SC for 10 years, you seem to not know much at all about basic elements of how SC works.

Of course I know how he's travelling.

Firstly it's not his average up to this point, it's his average from here on that counts.

Lets look at an example...
Suppose Brodie Smith returns next week. It's not impossible in round 12 that Steven will be worth 170k more than Smith (140k is probably more likely but I'm just doing this as a hypothetical). So for the cost of a trade you can have Smith (+170k to spend elsewhere) or Steven in your team. Presuming no further missed games to the end of the year you get 1 extra match out of Smith (R12). Who will average the most from that point until the end of the year? If you think that will be Smith then the trade starts looking pretty good. I haven't looked at the relative draws of Saints or Crows yet or possibly other factors worth considering.

I'm not saying I'm going to do it, however you need to look for value in Supercoach and when an asset is overvalued it can be worth selling up.

You're overcomplicating things.
The idea is to get high scoring players at a good price into your team, not out of it.

Robbing peter to pay paul.

Oh and Brodie Smith would need a mid season danking program and permanent mid spot to get within 25ppg of Steven from this point on.
Neither of which are going to happen.

Neale 4 x 130+. Fyfe 3. For pure consistency Fyfe probably still just nudges it, but Neale has been 130+ 3 of the last 4 weeks.
Except Neale is owned by only 12% so for many that's not an option.

51% and 62% own Gray and Fyfe.

You're overcomplicating things.
The idea is to get high scoring players at a good price into your team, not out of it.

Robbing peter to pay paul.

Oh and Brodie Smith would need a mid season danking program and permanent mid spot to get within 25ppg of Steven from this point on.
Neither of which are going to happen.

oops sorry I meant Rory Sloane. Not Brodie Smith who, I agree will probably be about 20ppg behind Steven.

Hindsight warriors? Lol.
So if Buddy was always going to do well this round why did we have to put up with 50 + posts this week from you debating with yourself whether to get Buddy or Rocky? Hindsight warrior, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back