Girlygate

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an innocent comment which is indicative of a patriarchal society's influence on everyday language.

And if the world was a matriarchy being unable to read maps would be called "foreskinnery".

It is what it is.

It was an innocent comment which is indicative of a patriarchal society's influence on everyday language.

So at what point in the causal chain do things become innocent and therefore absolve Ollie or responsibility? And how?

Give it a minute and the feminists will be free bleeding all over this thread.

FWIW, Rhonda Rousey would definitely be able to hold her own against male professional MMA fighters

You'd think it will happen within the next couple of years. There's too much interest in it for it not to happen.

So at what point in the causal chain do things become innocent and therefore absolve Ollie or responsibility?
No idea. There's no real solutions to these problems that I've seen which aren't massively extreme and barely possible. I'm not going to claim I have the answers, I'm just trying to understand the problems.

No idea. There's no real solutions to these problems that I've seen which aren't massively extreme and barely possible. I'm not going to claim I have the answers, I'm just trying to understand the problems.

That's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that either Ollie's comment was innocent or it wasn't.

That's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that either Ollie's comment was innocent or it wasn't.
I thought I addressed that here

What do you mean by innocent? Innocent from actually meaning to put down women? Obviously. It's just one of those things that he would have grown up with and language he's heard being around footy clubs for so long. He's not a mysoginist.

Is it sexist if i were to admit I only like to have sex with women?

I'm sorry if I have offended any men out there.
Yes. I've had my eye on you for some time and frankly my heart is broken. Am I not pretty enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I addressed that here

What do you mean by innocent? Innocent from actually meaning to put down women? Obviously. It's just one of those things that he would have grown up with and language he's heard being around footy clubs for so long. He's not a mysoginist.

Then why are we talking about this?

punch-her.jpg

Ollie made an inappropriate comment and then apologised for any offence caused. End of story.

I'm sure he's learned his lesson and moved on. Can we move on, please?

Surely the rag has some story about Betts being better than Fyfe or any player ever to exist on Port's list.

Nope. Advertising industry has a very high proportion of women in creative roles; Art Directors, Copywriters, etc
I don't consider about a quarter (very few in the big positions) to be a high proportion to be honest.

You'd think it will happen within the next couple of years. There's too much interest in it for it not to happen.
Will only happen once. Put her against some animal like Lesner and they will be picking bits of her out of the rafters for weeks.

I don't consider about a quarter (very few in the big positions) to be a high proportion to be honest.

The people in big positions don't write the ads.

Will only happen once. Put her against some animal like Lesner and they will be picking bits of her out of the rafters for weeks.

Erm, the UFC has weight divisions you know. They wouldn't put a man who weight the same as Rousey against Lesnar either.

No, just no.

She's already put numerous amateurs on their arse that are way out of her weight division. Admittedly not real fights but more of a "I'm a man and I doubt you can judo flip me like a woman".

So much of martial arts is technique, and her technique is almost flawless. Remember back in the early days before weight divisions in UFC, when the skinny Gracie bros were dominant?

She's already put numerous amateurs on their arse that are way out of her weight division. Admittedly not real fights but more of a "I'm a man and I doubt you can judo flip me like a woman".

So much of martial arts is technique, and her technique is almost flawless. Remember back in the early days before weight divisions in UFC, when the skinny Gracie bros were dominant?

Against a properly-trained UFC-calibre opponent she'd get reamed.

I say this as a middle-aged, doughy, non-conditioned couch tatey, but she's just an armbar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back