MVP BigFooty West Coast Player of the Year 2015 - Progress Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're obviously biased in the other direction though.
Im no biased. It's not like im claiming Priddis to be better than Fyfe because im a WC fan. That would make me bias.

I claim Priddis to be among our very best player because I watch football and understand what makes a good footballer.

Statistically Priddis is head and shoulders our best player. But I prefer to give top votes to players who I genuinely think changed the game or played out of there skin. The mass amount of turnovers that Priddis does puts me off giving him 5-4 's in votes. I kind of look at it like basketball and soccer were turnovers are killer
Priddis doesnt change a game, he sets the tone from the outset and we go from there.

Just for the record this isn't true at all in the first four rounds. Not one person has voted for Matt in more than one round.

Round Voter Votes
2 Lyyynnnchy 1
2 greatwhiteshark 2
2 new breed 1
2 eagles rule 2
2 boondy 2
2 bodazoka 3
3 Agent93 1
4 Shupe 2
4 DickDunn 1
4 salo 1
4 FiveStrings 3
4 THE411 2

Now that is surprising, but if you say so.

Seems even in weeks where i'll be scrolling down the votes thinking "surely nobody will give him votes this week", there is sure enough some banana out there ceremoniously giving him some.

I don't see this happening at all.
'

there are fanbois in the prioddis thread who honestly dont see the turnovers that lead to goals etc - they will come in and say things like - nah just watched the second quarter and he didnt turn it over once - they actually have to be played vision of it before they will acknowledge it

so for them to see more run of the mill things like hp to feet and grubbered kicks is a stretch - they see him get the ball 30 times thats it end of story - if he gets it 30 and someone else like shuey 29 - m priddis - 5 votes

'

there are fanbois in the prioddis thread who honestly dont see the turnovers that lead to goals etc - they will come in and say things like - nah just watched the second quarter and he didnt turn it over once - they actually have to be played vision of it before they will acknowledge it

so for them to see more run of the mill things like hp to feet and grubbered kicks is a stretch - they see him get the ball 30 times thats it end of story - if he gets it 30 and someone else like shuey 29 - m priddis - 5 votes

Just the facts. In the first 4 rounds Priddis had 28, 31, 25 and 28 possessions. He has not received 1 five vote. He also has not received 1 four vote. He has received two 3 votes. There have been 217 different voters over the first 4 rounds.

I'm not sure who the fan boys are as that thread is just cancer, but they don't seem to be doing their job very well in the first four rounds of voting.

That doesn't have much to do with the voting thread though? as stated above those blokes don't seem to vote for him anyway.

'

By the same token (and I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be BOG) in round 1 especially the Gov was a massive turnover merchant, leading to the ball being entrenched in our backline.
Yes he managed to repel a lot of attacks as well - he certainly did more good than bad.

But so does Pridda, yes he literally gave the ball to the Saints last week with a poor handball.
As did Duggan kicking to the man on the mark.

But both players did much more good than bad and deserve praise, not for their 1 or 2 poor disposals to be the basis for their entire performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5 saw us demolish a young GWS team by a few hundred points. We played well, but as constantly pointed out by the 'I hate WCE crowd' GWS are going to be inconsistent, so it doesn't count as a scalp.

Row Labels ...........Count of Votes ......Average Votes
Elliot Yeo .....................66 .....................4.80
Josh Kennedy .............. 61..................... 3.20
Luke Shuey ................. 59..................... 3.08
Josh Hill ..................... 32..................... 0.85
Sharrod Wellingham ......25..................... 0.76
Chris Masten ............... 21..................... 0.65
Jeremy McGovern ........ 23..................... 0.64
Brad Sheppard ............ 16..................... 0.41
Andrew Gaff ................ 6..................... 0.21
Liam Duggan .............. 10..................... 0.18
Nic Naitanui ................ 7..................... 0.17
Jamie Cripps ............... 2..................... 0.03
Sam Butler ................. 1..................... 0.02
Matt Priddis ................ 1..................... 0.02

Best on ground was Elliot Yeo. He picks up the Kevin Sheedy Jacket (that's the best we got?).

Notes:
1) Elliot Yeo was selected by every voter (66). He picked up 4s and 5s from everyone except WCE_phil who gave him 3.
2) Kennedy picked up votes from 61 of the 66 voters. Shuey was selected 59 times. They were the clear cut three best players.
3) WCE_phil gave Masten 5 votes. No one else gave him more than 3. My theory is WCE_phil watched another game.
4) Priddis watch. He picked up 29 possessions. Unlike what a certain poster believes that doesn't mean people automatically gave him 5 votes. In fact he got 1 total vote. After 5 rounds no one has voted for him more than once.

Current Leaderboard

Jeremy McGovern ..........14.70
Elliot Yeo ..................... 9.05
Josh Kennedy ............... 8.73
Nic Naitanui ................. 6.31
Luke Shuey .................. 6.00
Jamie Cripps ................ 4.77
Mark LeCras ................. 3.85
Sam Butler .................. 3.65
Andrew Gaff ................. 3.03
Matt Rosa .................... 2.72
Dom Sheed .................. 2.37
Shannon Hurn ............... 2.14
Josh Hill ....................... 1.98
Sharrod Wellingham .......1.68
Brad Sheppard ............. 0.97
Will Schofield .............. 0.96
Chris Masten ............... 0.77
Jackson Nelson ............ 0.38
Matt Priddis ................ 0.37
Fraser McInnes .......... 0.20
Liam Duggan .............. 0.20
Tom Lamb ................. 0.07
Scott Lycett ............... 0.05
Patrick McGinnity ........0.03
Mitchell Brown ...........0.02

Notes -

1) Yeo has made his move!
2) Hill is the master of the one vote. Over half his votes have been for 1 vote.

People are scared to vote for Priddis for fear of being attacked or labelled as an idiot it seems.

As he's clearly had a very good season.
Hope he goes back to back.

People are scared to vote for Priddis for fear of being attacked or labelled as an idiot it seems.

Yeah It's unfortunate the board has been taken over by keyboard campaigners. Over 4000 posts on the one topic says it all really.
The board has lost it's credibility somewhat, at least as far as being any sort of representation of the majority of true Eagles supporters. This used to be recognised as an area of knowledgeable supporters. To now have people too afraid to make honest/thoughtful assessments illustrates just how ridiculous letting the Priddis thread go on has become.
I actually hold the moderators a little responsible, as challenging as the job must be at times.
On the main board the Adam Goodes thread starts going into repeat and a Super Mod steps in and says this thread is going round in circles, it's all been said, closed. If someone starts being smart in another thread they get warned or worse, simple. It's been said a million times, you've had your turn.
It stops it becoming a repeat session of keyboard heroes jerking off and turning it into, well the Priddis thread.
There's an effort to keep the main board at a certain level and remove obvious campaigners/trolls. That doesn't seem to apply here anymore.

Just rewatched the Bulldogs game, Shep didn't get nearly enough love. Was exceptional, intercepting/spoiling anything near him.

Yeah It's unfortunate the board has been taken over by keyboard campaigners. Over 4000 posts on the one topic says it all really.
The board has lost it's credibility somewhat, at least as far as being any sort of representation of the majority of true Eagles supporters. This used to be recognised as an area of knowledgeable supporters. To now have people too afraid to make honest/thoughtful assessments illustrates just how ridiculous letting the Priddis thread go on has become.
I actually hold the moderators a little responsible, as challenging as the job must be at times.
On the main board the Adam Goodes thread starts going into repeat and a Super Mod steps in and says this thread is going round in circles, it's all been said, closed. If someone starts being smart in another thread they get warned or worse, simple. It's been said a million times, you've had your turn.
It stops it becoming a repeat session of keyboard heroes jerking off and turning it into, well the Priddis thread.
There's an effort to keep the main board at a certain level and remove obvious campaigners/trolls. That doesn't seem to apply here anymore.

The difficulty with saying 'Priddis thread is going around' and closing it is that a certain few will spill over into every single thread, rendering every thread intolerable. It's a catch 22, because that thread obviously has been done to death and is just the same people saying 'nuh-uh' or 'ya-huh' over and over and is a terrible reflection on our board, but closing it would be worse overall.

Or people don't think he is in the top 5 for each game

If the scoring system was rate each player out of 10 - he'd be much higher

Priddis if nothing else is very consistent. Many a time he's been in my 5-10 range. In fact he has probably been there most games for me.

Just rewatched the Bulldogs game, Shep didn't get nearly enough love. Was exceptional, intercepting/spoiling anything near him.

The difficulty with saying 'Priddis thread is going around' and closing it is that a certain few will spill over into every single thread, rendering every thread intolerable. It's a catch 22, because that thread obviously has been done to death and is just the same people saying 'nuh-uh' or 'ya-huh' over and over and is a terrible reflection on our board, but closing it would be worse overall.

I'm hearing you. That position has been taken by the mods here as well and the result is what has happened and continues to.
If it was on the main board it would be closed period, as was just done with the Goodes thread and is often done to stop the circular bulls**t.
They try it on in another thread, they get warned. They try it on again, they get a rest. They've had their turn and more.
It's not that they haven't been given an opportunity to make their point.
It's done on the main board and there is no reason it shouldn't be applied similarly here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back