FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

one of the few "deaths" that they haven't actually shown, i think (besides shireen, probs because well showing a little girl burning might be crossing the line a bit), so perhaps brienne spared him...

Its becoming rule no1 of tv that if the death was offscreen than it probably didnt happen. You have to think 1 of him or Jon are back.

Can we talk about Arya for a sec. When the many faced guy said 'you killed the wrong person', what was that supposed to mean? Did Trant possibly not actually kill the sword fighting teacher? Or does it mean something completely different? I'm still majorly confused as to what's happening in that story arc.

Surely Jon Snow will not stay dead?

Please tell me so. :cry:
It would be the worst and least emotional way to kill him ever. I kind of watched that thinking there is no way he is dead, and the show ended and left it on a balance that was kind of meant to be a cliffhanger, so most people are thinking he is not dead, but he could be. If it turns out he is dead at the start of next season, then it would be kind of like "oh ok then, that really sucks"... instead of if they had of just shown him die unequivocally in this episode which would have had much more impact.

But he seems way too important to die like that, so I think he isn't dead.

Can we talk about Arya for a sec. When the many faced guy said 'you killed the wrong person', what was that supposed to mean? Did Trant possibly not actually kill the sword fighting teacher? Or does it mean something completely different? I'm still majorly confused as to what's happening in that story arc.
I think she was supposed to kill that guy at the dock.

She was meant to kill that other person, the old dude that bought Oysters from her.

That thing with the faces made no sense though and was a bit stupid, I dont know if the faces were laced with something that blinded her if it was a hallucination. Also I am starting to think the guy training her might be a blind assassin.

Those prophecies strongly point to Dani as the one though don't they?

It's Jon.

I just realised, the entire thing...

A song of fire and ice....

Jon is half Targeryn - fire.
Jon is half Stark; they built the wall of ice, and they are of the winter - they're ice.

I reckon Jon is the song of fire and ice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gGKd6bG.png

It's Jon.

I just realised, the entire thing...

A song of fire and ice....

Jon is half Targeryn - fire.
Jon is half Stark; they built the wall of ice, and they are of the winter - they're ice.

I reckon Jon is the song of fire and ice.

Or he's the ice and Dany's the fire

About to watch it again.

That ending was so convenient. Lady M leaves Stannis seemingly because he is going to lose (But) rather because she is going to bring the one true king back to life. Why else did they show us that guy get brought back in season 3?

Added is the fact Jon could not be king while a member of the Knights watch but his watch has now ended. Here's hoping he commands the Wildling (and whoever else) army and create havoc in the North.

Negatives;

- loved this season, maybe not as much as previous seasons but unsure why they decided to squash so much in the last episode and to an extent the second last episode.

- tonight's episode soooooo much happened. Stannis s**t should've at least seen him go down swinging. We spent how many hours have we spent on him and his last big time on the show we see none of the battle ?

Probably budget constraints. Costs a lot less to film majority of the season with people just talking in caves & dimly lit rooms & then splurge on a few dragon scenes here & there.

Hell I swear they even just used the same footage twice in the finale for the Dothraki horses surrounding Dany & the beginning of the Stannis/Bolton 'battle' & just CGI'd some snow & banners in for the latter.

Probably budget constraints. Costs a lot less to film majority of the season with people just talking in caves & dimly lit rooms & then splurge on a few dragon scenes here & there.

Hell I swear they even just used the same footage twice in the finale for the Dothraki horses surrounding Dany & the beginning of the Stannis/Bolton 'battle' & just CGI'd some snow & banners in for the latter.

Haha yeah it reminded me of the unsullied, what looked like 50 thousand at the end of s3, only to be represented by 10 people in the future.

It's over lads.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jonreally dead?
This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future isnot like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back