Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears - Season 19 Team Thread - Best & Fairest S19 Winners Matera92 and Brahj

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 9

Las Vegas Bears 13.8.86 defeated by West Coast Wonders 16.10.106

Billed as the battle of the spoon, the Bears hosted the winless wonders.

Vegas enjoyed the better of general play in the first half however the Wonders capacity to kick straight keeping them in touch. Indeed 10 goals straight to half time, ( the wonders first blemish was a rushed behind at the start of third), not only flattered them but saw them hold a narrow lead.

A relatively even 2nd half, with both teams enjoying periods of ascendancy, saw the wonders close out a 3 goal win.

Again the Bears performance was disappointing, a relatively uneven display although the form of Quivorir, 6 goals, continued to impress. Getgaff turned in his best effort in 27 games for the club with 18 disposals, 10 tackles and a goal. While DJ, brahj, magruder contributed well in the middle the output from Pantskyle and Matera92 was well down from previous games.

ROUND 9
-------
3 - getgaff
2 - Quivorir
1 - DemonJim

It's an honour. I've loved playing for the Bears this year. I was nervous coming into the league as a female rookie inextricably linked to The Filth Wizard but I've loved every win, loss and sledge of Quivorir.

And now it's party time.

QlqtG.gif
gene-simmons-extended-tongue-o.gif

Thanks Magdaddy, welcome to the stage Quivorir to do rounds 10-12 (seems to have forgotten to add the scores - benched)

Round 10 Las Vegas Bears vs Dragons FC

A rainy day at the Stadium in the Sky sees the Mighty Bears up against the Dragons. Coming off two straight losses the Bears were looking for some form. What better place to find it than against the 2nd on the ladder Dragons FC. In a wonderful outing for the Bears they kept the hapless Dragons to what I can only assume is their lowest score of the season, 46 points, allowing only 6 goals for the match. The Bears sharing the load across the team had 10 individual goal kickers in a dominating performance. Pantskyle with 26 possessions was unstoppable along with Broken and Brahj with 25 and 21disposals each, both also booting 2 goals.

ROUND 10
-------
3 - brahj
2 - Broken
1 - GreaterGattsby

After Ten Rounds:
EMGEE_6 – 3 Votes
Magruder – 7 Votes
Matera92 – 13 Votes
Quivorir – 6 Vote
Kane249 – 2 Votes
Bryce_Jersey17 – 5 Votes
Brahj – 12 Votes
Pantskyle – 4 Votes
Dingster – 1 Vote
DemonJim – 1 Vote
Getgaff – 3 Votes
GreaterGattsby – 1 Vote

Ten rounds down and 12 Bears have polled. It’s last season’s winner Matera92 polling strongly with brahj also grabbing votes all over the place to sit second on 12 votes, only one behind Matera92 who is on 13 votes. Co-captains pantskyle and DemonJim lagging behind with 4 votes and 1 vote respectively.

After Ten Rounds:
EMGEE_6 – 3 Votes
Magruder – 7 Votes
Matera92 – 13 Votes
Quivorir – 6 Vote
Kane249 – 2 Votes
Bryce_Jersey17 – 5 Votes
Brahj – 12 Votes
Pantskyle – 4 Votes
Dingster – 1 Vote
DemonJim – 1 Vote
Getgaff – 3 Votes
GreaterGattsby – 1 Vote

Ten rounds down and 12 Bears have polled. It’s last season’s winner Matera92 polling strongly with brahj also grabbing votes all over the place to sit second on 12 votes, only one behind Matera92 who is on 13 votes. Co-captains pantskyle and DemonJim lagging behind with 4 votes and 1 vote respectively.
My favorite part is how you ordered the names in order of number of votes.

After Ten Rounds:
EMGEE_6 – 3 Votes
Magruder – 7 Votes
Matera92 – 13 Votes
Quivorir – 6 Vote
Kane249 – 2 Votes
Bryce_Jersey17 – 5 Votes
Brahj – 12 Votes
Pantskyle – 4 Votes
Dingster – 1 Vote
DemonJim – 1 Vote
Getgaff – 3 Votes
GreaterGattsby – 1 Vote

Matera92 – 13 Votes
Brahj – 12 Votes
Magruder – 7 Votes
Quivorir – 6 Votes
Bryce_Jersey17 – 5 Votes
Pantskyle – 4 Votes
Getgaff – 3 Votes
EMGEE_6 – 3 Votes
Kane249 – 2 Votes
Dingster – 1 Vote
DemonJim – 1 Vote
GreaterGattsby – 1 Vote

For the non dyslexic amongst you

Time for the second biggest award of the evening. Brought in for the first time this season we'll induct our first Hall of Fame player/poster.

Las Vegas Bears Hall of Fame - Induction

I was very interested in creating the HoF this year and inducted it's first member. This player/poster is someone rated very highly internally at the Bears. Never the most prolific poster or QOOTY stats getter, instead he goes about it to his own tune, does the team thing every week and more importantly has been a part of the Bears in both incarnations.

First joined the Bears in season 5 he stuck around until the end of season 7. He has played for three sides starting with the Junkyard Dogs, from there he joined the Bears and after three seasons including 69 games he joined the Mod Squad, so common theme, he kills clubs :p
Has played over 100 games alone at the Bears.

This poster was one of the first contacted to come back to the Sweet FA and re-join the Bears. Only he would know what it was like back in the early season as to what it is now but we hope he has enjoyed the new Bears.

Las Vegas Bears Hall of Fame member, inducted S19 - Dingster

small-bear-ring-rubies-10k-yellow-gold.jpg

There is no better.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11 Sin City Swamprats vs Las Vegas Bears

After the terrible conditions last week the Bears found themselves at the warm Underground Stadium. In this high scoring game Pantskyle kept his form of last week amassing a massive 26 possessions and booting 5 goals. DemonJim showed what he is capable of by botting 4 of his own to go alongside 24 possessions. Quivorir and Miss_Kate18 also chimed in with 7 goals between them to help the Bears along to a 111 to 147 victory.

ROUND 11
--------
3 - pantskyle
2 - DemonJim
1 - EMGEE_6

Round 12 Coney Island Warriors vs Las Vegas Bears

The two newest teams battle again at Van Cortlands Park in perfect conditions both teams on opposite ends of the ladder. The Warriors Comfortably atop the ladder with the Bears languishing in 10th. Many expected a blowout and that is what they got. Although to much surprise it was the Warriors on the receiving end. Quivorir and Miss_Kate18 lead the Bears to a 50 point win booting 5 goals 3 behinds each, DemonJim and Pantskyle booting continuing steller form from previous weeks racking up 32 and 28 possessions respectively, with DemonJim adding 2 goals to the total.

ROUND 12
--------
3 - DemonJim
2 - pantskyle
1 – Dingster

Time to announce the second last award for the evening.

Las Vegas Bears - Captains Award - Awarded and voted on by DemonJim and pantskyle

Last season myself and DJ did weekly votes and posted them along with the B&F count. We did things slightly different this season. We discussed it and came up with a worthy winner of this award. Unlike the B&F, the Captains award takes both QOOTY and posting into account.

I think we'd like to say it was real hard to choose our winner but in my mind anyway it was fairly easy. This poster finally arrived as a real gun in the Sweet FA this season. A massive improvement to posting, match day and around the board and QOOTY performance. His improvement was so massive that he become confused and would often banter against his own teammates.

Captains Award S19 winner - Quivorir

photo-13-e1355745510779.jpg

You may never hear the end of this.​

Las Vegas Bears Hall of Fame member, inducted S19 - Dingster

small-bear-ring-rubies-10k-yellow-gold.jpg

There is no better.​
Appreciate the recognition. To win this I must be real old or dead.

During times where there are threads about the quality of the league, we have thrived. It's definitely a case you'll only get out what you put in and we've got a great group who don't take themselves too seriously. Keep the fun times rolling....and more wins would be bloody nice.

During times where there are threads about the quality of the league, we have thrived. It's definitely a case you'll only get out what you put in and we've got a great group who don't take themselves too seriously. Keep the fun times rolling....and more wins would be bloody nice.

He lives!!!!!

Thanks Quiv, now welcome Matera92 to finish the count.

Round 13

Roys Fantasy Football Club : 14.8.92
Las Vegas Bears : 15.15.105

Best: pantskyle, Yellow Mit, Greater Gattsby

The Bears continued on their winning ways, dispatching the old farts from Roy country. Led by Captain Fantapants himself, strong contributions from some of the lesser lights set up a good win that kept the #beartodream alive!

A surprise move by Coach Walken had yours truly sitting in the forward pocket for the last quarter. This move turned out to be somewhat genius, as I once again made a mockery of my opponent, sealing the win with two vital goals in the dying moments of the game.

ROUND 13
--------
3 - pantskyle
2 - Yellow Mit
1 - Quivorir

Further on this, you now have the title Legendbeary bestowed upon you. The keys to Vegas are yours.

Round 14

East Side Hawks : 12.4.76
Las Vegas Bears : 18.7.115

The Bears stormed into this game full of confidence and ready to tear apart their opponent with great wit and humour. Unfortunately we were met with the Great Wall of Silence from our opponents. Still we had our own fun and did what we had to do. So...to sum up.

I was great. We won. The Hawks are s**t.

(Oh...and some other no names had a fairly decent game as well.)

Best: pantskyle, brahj, Matera92

ROUND 14
--------
3 - brahj
2 - Matera92
1 - pantskyle

After Fourteen Rounds:
EMGEE_6 – 4 Votes
Magruder – 7 Votes
Matera92 – 15 Votes
Quivorir – 7 Vote
Kane249 – 2 Votes
Bryce_Jersey17 – 5 Votes
Brahj – 15 Votes
Pantskyle – 13 Votes
Dingster – 2 Vote
DemonJim – 6 Vote
Getgaff – 3 Votes
GreaterGattsby – 1 Vote
Yello Mit – 2 Votes

Oh boy, with one round to go we have Matera92 and brahj sitting on 15 votes a piece with both not polling strongly in rounds 11-14. The real mover is pantskyle who has stormed into 13 votes and only one off of the lead and with stats that could indicate votes in the final round. What a final round we have coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back