Science/Environment Wind farms

Remove this Banner Ad

LQplLth.jpg

Yes because thinking one thing is ugly it means another thing is beautiful.

So, you disagree with the science, and keep asking about the 'impending doom'...

But with no facts... you are saying we're doomed because of Muslims...

You are an idiot.

If the science is settled, we are we spending billions on it?

The facts is, there is no impending doom.

Only gullible fools believe the hysteria.

If the science is settled, we are we spending billions on it?

The facts is, there is no impending doom.

Only gullible fools believe the hysteria.
You're 100% right about gullible fools believing the hysteria.
Look at you and your beliefs on Muslims!
That's Battersea Power Station. A grade-II listed Art Deco masterpiece. The pride of South London.
Oh it's a power station?
Is that what you're saying is beautiful? Why didn't you just post a picture of it then? Why the lights, bridge and river?

You're 100% right about gullible fools believing the hysteria.
Look at you and your beliefs on Muslims!

Oh it's a power station?
Is that what you're saying is beautiful? Why didn't you just post a picture of it then? Why the lights, bridge and river?

So you know a couple of friendly Muslims that doesn't mean Islam is nice you flap-wit.

So you know a couple of people who have said extreme things about climate change, doesn't mean the science is wrong you flap-wit.

The science has been proven wrong or it has been fiddled with.

That is the awkward fact you struggle to comprehend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh it's a power station?

I personally find Battersea beautiful, I can't help but gawp in wonder every time I pass it on the train. Not just me either, lots of lefty-types like architects, artists and photographers think that it is stunning icon of industrial splendour. They travel far and wide to see it, what with the "sumptuous Art Deco interior; the walls are lined with grey Ribbon Napoleon marble with fluting around the windows in Belgian Black marble".

Of course, your mileage may vary, which was kind of the point of my post.

The science has been proven wrong or it has been fiddled with.

That is the awkward fact you struggle to comprehend.
No it hasn't...

You struggle to comprehend that the argument has moved on from saying that there is no warming, to saying there is warming, but it's not due to humans.

At least try to keep up with the propaganda you follow... Being out of date just makes you seem lazy.

I personally find Battersea beautiful, I can't help but gawp in wonder every time I pass it on the train. Not just me either, lots of lefty-types like architects, artists and photographers think that it is stunning icon of industrial splendour. They travel far and wide to see it, what with the "sumptuous Art Deco interior; the walls are lined with grey Ribbon Napoleon marble with fluting around the windows in Belgian Black marble".

Of course, your mileage may vary, which was kind of the point of my post.
Oooh... So it's the grey ribbon marble with fluting around the windows in Belgian black marble that looks good, not the power station itself?

Still doesn't explain why you posted a picture of a bridge over a river with nice lighting and a power station in the background, if you were just talking about the power station.

Incidentally, what does the power station run on?

Oooh... So it's the grey ribbon marble with fluting around the windows in Belgian black marble that looks good, not the power station itself?

Still doesn't explain why you posted a picture of a bridge over a river with nice lighting and a power station in the background, if you were just talking about the power station.

Incidentally, what does the power station run on?

It was coal. Go google it.

The power station itself looks pretty ****ing awesome I think.

Here's a shot of it hosting the red-bull x-fighters:

redbullxfighters_at_batters.jpg

Like I said, you're allowed to not like it, each to their own. Plenty of people do. Just like some people think that windfarms are eyesores, and they're allowed to have that opinion as well. That was my point.

Climate change isn't even THE biggest issue facing our planet. Issues such as biosphere integrity and biogeochemical flows have a far worse permanent impact on the environment than climate change is having. But Climate change is a great revenue builder so scientists are pushing for it.
Figure-S1_web.jpg

As for greenhouse gases the above graph demonstrates that the current CO2 and CH4 levels are at a cyclical peak yet temperature is still 1.5-2 degrees lower than should be expected. I'm all for sustainable living and an increase in energy efficiency but to be blaming the current climate on humans is a bit premature considering the past 20-25,000 years have seen an increase in greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

Except that CO2 is now past 400ppm globally. Yeah except that.

Like I said, you're allowed to not like it, each to their own. Plenty of people do. Just like some people think that windfarms are eyesores, and they're allowed to have that opinion as well. That was my point.
I used that google that you're talking about.
Instantly found a photo of just the building.
Now I see why you wanted to have lots of other things around it, to add to its beauty.

london-battersea-591861-o.jpg

Built in an age where even the most humble or destructive buildings were designed with aesthetics in mind. A noble purpose. This building however has been decommissioned for some time. Also I get the feeling that might not be a shot of it actually hosting something. Unless London is populated by CGI people.

I used that google that you're talking about.
Instantly found a photo of just the building.
Now I see why you wanted to have lots of other things around it, to add to its beauty.

Mate, I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat myself, but I'll try once more. I, personally, find Battersea Power Station an incredible piece of architecture and very beautiful. Including in that photo you just posted. As I said, I go past it on the train often and that's how it looks, and that's how I like it. You don't have to. I'm not trying to convince you. I don't care.

My point was simply that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Mate, I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat myself, but I'll try once more. I, personally, find Battersea Power Station an incredible piece of architecture and very beautiful. Including in that photo you just posted. As I said, I go past it on the train often and that's how it looks, and that's how I like it. You don't have to. I'm not trying to convince you. I don't care.

My point was simply that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Of course, you find it beautiful, that's why you found two photos that cover up and hide the majority of how it really looks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back