Science/Environment Wind farms

Remove this Banner Ad

Wind-farm.jpg

vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit

"might not" - I thought the science was settled, I don't think that is a scientific term. I thought it was too late for 'might not'

So why was Lomborg shut down for cost-benefit analysis - His idea is adaption is the best method not mitigation which has not worked and will not work until we all go back to the dark ages.

The climate has always changed, what we are currently experiencing is nothing unusual, despite whatever dodgy climate models say...the exact models that I could do on my calculator.

So if adaption is the best way forward....I guess the government grants can go to to that and not to the scientists to come up with more models indicating our impending doom. Somehow I don't think these scientists will like that idea....Can't see these scientsits giving up billions in government grants to fund god awful wind towers..or solar batteries or other solar technology.....food for thought.

It's impossible to predict with 100% certainty. That's history not prediction.

Lomborg was shut down because his grand idea lightbulb moment that he goes around the place trying to spruik is that we need technology to save us and so we should be spending more money on R&D to make sustainable technologies affordable. Well no s**t Sherlock, it just so happens that the best way to do that is via a carbon price which is not necessarily about punishing polluters but pricing carbon in to the market and distributing capital to the right places, namely renewable energy production.

That he is against this is bizarre considering by his own admission the market is the best way to take existing ideas and hone them. The solar industry is a great example of how quickly prices can come down with economies of scale. We were meant to "go back to the dark ages" under the carbon tax according to the LNP. Trend economic growth and massively decreased carbon emissions were the result. In a dynamic economy it just doesn't work like that. New companies, new industries, new jobs are all created from the flames of an old one.

Secondly we need to adapt but we need time to do so. Mitigating against the possibility of danger is a standard conservative principle. That's why companies involved in long term risk take in to account climate change. They're not sure it's going to happen, they're insurance companies but the possiblity is there so they factor it in. For a government not to take precautionary action against such an occurrence is willful ignorance and a betrayal of a basic duty of care of it's people, not to mention traditional conservative values.

Of course, you find it beautiful, that's why you found two photos that cover up and hide the majority of how it really looks.

I don't understand, are you, some campaigner on the internet, trying to tell me that I don't really like Battersea Power Station? That I'm just making this up, lying or something? Why is this so incomprehensible to you? It's not like Battersea doesn't have any fans. Plenty of people are fond of it.

I don't understand, are you, some campaigner on the internet, trying to tell me that I don't really like Battersea Power Station? That I'm just making this up, lying or something? Why is this so incomprehensible to you? It's not like Battersea doesn't have any fans. Plenty of people are fond of it.
I'm just trying to help you come to terms with who you really are.
The subconscious is incredibly powerful.

Free counseling! You're welcome.

Well currently our predictions are all WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The best way to fund R&D is through allocation the government grants from all the climate scientists who are proven to be wrong wrong wrong .

So you admit, global warming is all about wealth redistribution. classic

Carbon tax did absolutely nothing apart from raising consumer prices.

The science is settled, climate change is real, there should not be no ',might' unless you admit you really have no idea.

Well currently our predictions are all WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The best way to fund R&D is through allocation the government grants from all the climate scientists who are proven to be wrong wrong wrong .

So you admit, global warming is all about wealth redistribution. classic

Carbon tax did absolutely nothing apart from raising consumer prices.

The science is settled, climate change is real, there should not be no ',might' unless you admit you really have no idea.
I admit, you really have no idea.

I hope it continues as well. Life has flourished with CO2 levels 4 times higher than what we have today and it's not going to affect anything major except global temperature and sea level. Who wouldn't enjoy a tropical environment?

Are you trolling bra? After dealing with Kirks stupidity for a few pages my irony metre is out of wack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If renewable energy is such a great investment, where are the open cheque books?

I really should give up after your previous response but seeing as you asked the same question twice you seem eager for a dialogue.

While higher energy bills is the biggest expense, the carbon tax has also added to rising packaging, transport and other expenses.

The carbon taxes impact was almost entirely felt in the coal and gas fired power generation sectors due to generous subsidies to trade exposed industries. The vast majority of the rise in electricity costs however were due to over investment in capacity and power lines.

Next.

I really should give up after your previous response but seeing as you asked the same question twice you seem eager for a dialogue.

The carbon taxes impact was almost entirely felt in the coal and gas fired power generation sectors due to generous subsidies to trade exposed industries. The vast majority of the rise in electricity costs however were due to over investment in capacity and power lines.

Next.

Come on, where is your evidence of this.

image277.gif

Do you get tired of being wrong all the time?

You do you realise that when SizeMatters mentioned this it was in the context of climate change being a planetary reality most likely happening currently?

Do you realise how different a "tropical" earth will look?

CLIMATE CHANGE IS ABOUT WEALTH DISTRIBUTION!

Don't worry replying I can do it myself.

You do you realise that when SizeMatters mentioned this it was in the context of climate change being a planetary reality most likely happening currently?

Do you realise how different a "tropical" earth will look?

CLIMATE CHANGE IS ABOUT WEALTH DISTRIBUTION!

Don't worry replying I can do it myself.

Pathetic.

Alarmists are scared of the truth. co2 is no enemy.

Pathetic.

Alarmists are scared of the truth.

Buddy you should be scared of yourself. You have a warped political view of the world that must seriously hinder your day to day life. I'm sorry if I've been rude but to be honest I'm a bit over arguing about something that is demonstrably happening, the only question is how much is caused by us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back