Review Round 10: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 21 June 2015, 2pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely. He came off in the second clutching at it. Recall hoping it was an impact injury rather than some ongoing condition.

I think it was. This tweet from Nat Edwards first alerted me to it.

However, I do recall that he didn't play in the last game before the bye and no one seemed to know why.

I saw that Tatupu was named in the ruck for the development squad. Did anyone catch that game? Interested to know how he went. Maybe the coaching staff are hoping he might end up a Mumford type

OK so the development game had no wind advantage either way was still and picture perfect at around 1:45pm the wind started to pickup and favoured the grandstand end 3-4 goal breeze.

Willi played well into it for the first half of the qtr but could not put it on the scoreboard. Tackling and pressure was up and they made some silly handballing errors and kicked errantly. At the other end of the ground young Sicily was about to announce himself and by the end of the qtr had 3 on the board.

Howe was terrific in close i thought early in the game but faded as the game went on. Simpkin and woody getting their hands on it. Whitey did get his hands on it but burnt the ball a couple of times. As the game wore on and into the second qtr Box Hill started dominating the game and whitey was a lot more prominent and finished the game off really well was one of the best on the ground. Remember in the preseason he was best on ground at this very ground and played the next week in the AFL.

Langers was in the wars all game did not have a good game and gave away many free kicks. Somethings a bit off he is not a natural footballer and sometimes that shows. He went in hard and got his hands on it to no effect.

McEvoy really dominated in the first couple of quarters with his marking and ruck work and set up the win. He did drop a couple of marks especially one forward which was so similar to the ones he drops at AFL level.

O'Rourke was serviceable so was simpkin. TOB has really started get more hands on ball recently and i think he is a lot taller than stated in the book.

Grim had a good game and kicked very well especially with wind out there. Teia Miles love the kid had another great game along with Hurt who had another commanding performance. Let through a couple of marks being out of position but was good all day.

We dominated the game a great win look forward to next week against Collingwood down and Vic Park

Edit: David Mirra you are a VFL God is there a more consistent player at this level. Love the bloke

Grim had a good game and kicked very well especially with wind out there. Teia Miles love the kid had another great game along with Hurt who had another commanding performance. Let through a couple of marks being out of position but was good all day.

We dominated the game a great win look forward to next week against Collingwood down and Vic Park

Edit: David Mirra you are a VFL God is there a more consistent player at this level. Love the bloke

Who is this HURT you speak of?;)....OH, you meant Kurt.

Can't agree with you more about Mirra....A great captain.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spangs form?

Was really looking forward to see what he can become with a good injury free run at it. Not expecting a Josh Gibson type uber improvement, but Spangs size, and his head first enthusiasm on the back of a confidence boosting finish last year ... Am I wrong to think if he had a couple of years polish and development, he could become our first choice swingman? Genuinly believe he has the improvement in him.

Handy backup, and great clubman regardless.

Spangs form?

Was really looking forward to see what he can become with a good injury free run at it. Not expecting a Josh Gibson type uber improvement, but Spangs size, and his head first enthusiasm on the back of a confidence boosting finish last year ... Am I wrong to think if he had a couple of years polish and development, he could become our first choice swingman? Genuinly believe he has the improvement in him.

Handy backup, and great clubman regardless.
O yea forgot about the spangh played a serviceable game some good intercept marks working his way to fitness played mainly back the whole game

Great four quarter win by the development team. The game wasn't a high standard for the two undefeated teams with the BHH turning the ball over on numerous occasions and Willy making poor decisions. The BHH ran harder for most of the game and kept taking the game on which impacted on their composure. I would rate the HFC players as follows:
1. Webster - worked very hard when Willy had the ball and contested strongly. A good game and most importantly he pulled up well. A couple more good games will see him back in the seniors.
2. Tatupu - started in the ruck and controlled the play. He then went forward and surprisingly stayed there for the rest of the game. He took a couple of contested mark and kicked straight. His role seemed to be using his strength and tap the ball to the advantage of the team. A good team game. Learning to play and slowly improving.
3. Hardisty - some good in and under work and one great intercept followed by a very good kick to a team mate in the best position. I've seen some really good signs and think he will progress when he adapts to the game plan and senior footy.
4. Langford - has clean hands and generally his disposal and decision making is good. Had a quiet game but still contributed two goals. The game was fast and physical so he will benefit from the experience.
5. JML - had a quiet day and at times seemed lost. Has missed a lot of footy and needs to work hard to improve his endurance and learn the game plan.

The big plus to come from today was Whitey. His ball handling was first class and apart from a couple of turnovers his disposal was decisive and good. Today he played with a freedom and looked a class above.

There appears to be no concern with Gus who indicated he will be playing next week. Jed certainly hurt his back early in the game and appeared to dig deep to play out the game. There is a lot to like about the dash and footy smarts of Howe and Miles and Pittonet competed well again the experienced big bodied Meese.

All sounds exciting.
Only thing that is annoying is Jed Anderson.

Had him locked in our seniors best 18. Has been solid in the VFL but not exactly banging the door down.

Any thoughts on his form ?

Yes, he played. Didn't hear him mentioned a lot on the radio commentary but cs124 seemed to think he had a good game.

Langers was in the wars all game did not have a good game and gave away many free kicks. Somethings a bit off he is not a natural footballer and sometimes that shows. He went in hard and got his hands on it to no effect.

I thought his game was pretty good. Was in it all day and wore some pretty close attention from a couple of the Willy midfielders. Marcon (9) a bit but mainly another, bigger player (16?). Still managed to find plenty of the ball. But yeah, Woody was more effective with his disposal.

Thoughts on his overall year at Box Hill?
He has been very inconsitent as most young players are he shows you a qtr of brilliance and goes missing for the rest of the game.
Needs more time to build on his game.

I thought his game was pretty good. Was in it all day and wore some pretty close attention from a couple of the Willy midfielders. Marcon (9) a bit but mainly another, bigger player (16?). Still managed to find plenty of the ball. But yeah, Woody was more effective with his disposal.
I think his disposal efficiency would be fairly low and he didn't have any real impact on the game had something like 16 or 17 disposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back