Review Round 10: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 21 June 2015, 2pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a bit different to most young players Jed in that his work off the ball defensively is solid and consistent whereas his ability to win the ball and handle it is up and down. Once the latter becomes more even he moves up for good. Sort of needs to calm down a tad too in games and understand the ebb and flow of a game. If only he could play next to Hodgey for a season...

All sounds exciting.
Only thing that is annoying is Jed Anderson.

Had him locked in our seniors best 18. Has been solid in the VFL but not exactly banging the door down.

Any thoughts on his form ?
This has me thinking of the Cliff thread on the main board. What makes you learn as a young bloke is playing seniors and eventually we are going to have to expose a number of our listed players at senior level for an extended run.

Problem is that we a dirth of talented offspring you cant put them all in the seniors at once.

Last edited:
This has me thinking of the Cliff thread on the main board. What makes you learn as a young bloke is playing seniors and eventually we are going to have to expose a number of our listed players at senior level for an extended run.

Problem is that we a dirth of talented offspring you cant put them all in the seniors at once.
That's true.
Anderson, Woodward, O'Rourke could all do with 30 more senior AFL matches.

Problem is, as a premiership aspirant we can't afford the teething problems until the window is closed

Was not at the game. Radio guys said Mees was the best ruck on the ground. Mees is a stumpy ruckman but a pretty good scrapper, BB should have dominated him. Anyone at the ground have any views on the ruck contests?

Thanks for posting those stats. So Meese has three less hitouts and two more disposals than BB and cant get in their top 5 yet BB is deemed BOG. Similar question to be asked about Woody.

Great to see TO and Sicily getting so many disposals. Hope those numbers are their new benchmarks.

Thanks for posting those stats. So Meese has three less hitouts and two more disposals than BB and cant get in their top 5 yet BB is deemed BOG. Similar question to be asked about Woody.

Great to see TO and Sicily getting so many disposals. Hope those numbers are their new benchmarks.
I would say that Big Boy had an imposing first half he was grabbing everything that was coming his way and dominating the game for box hill. Its fair to say he set the tone and set up the win and was the reason we had a big lead leading into the second half. He faded as the game went on his second half was no where his first half.

Edit: the word here is IMPACT Mcevoy was huge in the first half

Langford had 17 disposals, 10 kicks and 7 handballs. He did have 6 tackles though which was second only to Simpkin who had 8.
Stats aren't everything ;). We of all supporters should know that. Langer's disposal were rushed and his handballs blocked. As a midfielder he was highly inneffective. As i mentioned he goes in hard and tackles well but did give a few free kicks away. Believe me i was watching closely after all we as supporters are looking for him to recapture some of that form from last year.

Stats aren't everything ;). We of all supporters should know that. Langer's disposal were rushed and his handballs blocked. As a midfielder he was highly inneffective. As i mentioned he goes in hard and tackles well but did give a few free kicks away. Believe me i was watching closely after all we as supporters are looking for him to recapture some of that form from last year.

Yes, I know stats aren't everything. I was just providing them for information :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any one know why Litherland didn't play?
Was named at full back. Thanks for the help if you know.;)

Who is this HURT you speak of?;)....OH, you meant Kurt.

Can't agree with you more about Mirra....A great captain.:thumbsu:
Procrastinator35 - You have inadvertently given me a left-field idea. Should Hawthorn ever (God forbid!) consider changing their mascot from the Mighty Fighting Hawk then, given our 'obvious' propensity for unsociable football and general thuggishness, I reckon the moniker, "Hawthorn Hurt" might be the go. I'm thinking along the lines of Melbourne Heart or Perth Glory where the mascot / logo is not an animal or thing.

Any one know why Litherland didn't play?
Was named at full back. Thanks for the help if you know.;)

Ongoing back issue that flares up from time-to-time. Should be good for this week. So we might see an even stronger BHH line-up at Victoria Park with Liquor plus Schoey/Suckers/Billy or whoever makes way for Birch. Scary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back