Hawks new clash jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

What did he say?
The interviewed him in the post game analysis show and Eddie McGuire was having a laugh at the guernsey and said something about surely the players don't like wearing it. Lewis said he didn't wanna get in trouble as they have to wear whatever the club has for them but then said jokingly that he was glad to miss out on the GWS game (when we first wore it) and then made a power ranger comment at the end.

Laughing and stuff with Eddie and the boys making jokes of the jumper. Could clearly tell by that interview what the players think of the jumper.

Did anyone catch Eddie and Ralphy taking the piss out of the jumper last night? They had a few digs at it but then they said Hawks fans love it because the away guernsey has been selling like hotcakes. Dumb campaigners can't work out the difference between our away kit and the clash jumper. I'd be very surprised if there were 100 people that have bought the sparkly leotard

Looking at it live tonight, it's a souless piece of s**t. Nothing of it says Hawthorn. The colours aren't close the design has no tradition and its just a straight out ridiculous Hollywood looking piece of s**t.

What makes it worse is the club would have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to some hipster ******* graphic designer who has no idea about football or the club's history and thinks he's top hipster cool s**t because he drinks his coffee in some urban back ally coffee shop and drinks it sitting on a milk crate.

Meanwhile the fans, the ones who understand the club's history, understand tradition and know what the fans like, would design a great clash top for $0 that the fans like.

But nahhhh, these hipsters know what's cool. We'll just increase the membership costs so we can go to these ultra cool hipsters to design our shitty looking clash tops.

Post of the season.

Was our CEO lying when he said we can't use our existing colours in a clash strip?
Richmond has very similar colours to us and the AFL is happy with a simple inversion. Same with Pies, Blues, North, Freo, Port, Dogs, Cats, etc.
We have a gold jumper and a brown jumper.
The problem is that we over use the brown jumper away, which can 'clash' paired with white shorts.
With correct use of each jumpers and appropriate shorts we do not cliash with anyone.
I would rather us wear gold shorts than a white jumper (jumper is sacrosanct, shorts not so much)
images

Brown jumper with gold shorts could also work.
Home team Jumper Shorts
Adelaide - gold white
Brisbane - gold white
Carlton - gold white
Collingwd - gold brown or gold
Essendon - gold white
Freo gold any
Geelong either brown
GC brown white
GWS brown gold
Melbourne gold any
North gold brown
Port gold white
Richmond gold white
Saints gold gold
Swans either brown
WCE gold brown
Bulldogs either brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have faith in this great club, at least we are an innovative club and should make heaps out of merchandising, all this talk is good publicity and branding for the club very clever marketing, as far as the jumper goes I don't mind it at all plus it's only worn for 3 games and they will make a mint out of it.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remember we are the number 1 club when it comes to selling merchandising, we out sold everybody else in the AFL.

I have faith in this great club, at least we are an innovative club and should make heaps out of merchandising, all this talk is good publicity and branding for the club very clever marketing, as far as the jumper goes I don't mind it at all plus it's only worn for 3 games and they will make a mint out of it.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remember we are the number 1 club when it comes to selling merchandising, we out sold everybody else in the AFL.

I think we will succeed despite the horrible clash jumper not because of it. Don't think it will contribute one iota to our ongoing success but fortunately other things we do that are successful will more than compensate for this bit of ill conceived marketing.

Initially I didn't like this away clash kit.

Now after seeing it on TV twice I actually really like it, the socks especially.

I genuinely like the fact this kit would not look out of place on the pitches of League, Union or even the world game.

Since this kit was first announced the club has announced it's intentions to develop an EPL style world class home training base. We have also just announced the signing to one of the worlds leading European prestige auto marquees.
These two recent announcements really hammers home just how innovative and forward thinking and calculating the board of directors are who make the strategic decisions.

For me this new kit symbolises the ongoing transformation from a small suburban club to a AFL powerhouse. Which is positioning it's own brand with a level of professionalism which places it in a position to look eye to eye with some of the biggest sporting clubs on an international level.

I won't buy it, and 95% of this forum won't buy it, but we are the rusted on's.
Where this kit is a massive winner is with people who may be looking to assimilate into the Australian lifestyle. If they can find a tinge of familiarity which allows them to relate to our club instead of, or even in conjunction with a League or A-League team then more power to us.

Initially I didn't like this away clash kit.

Now after seeing it on TV twice I actually really like it, the socks especially.

I genuinely like the fact this kit would not look out of place on the pitches of League, Union or even the world game.

Since this kit was first announced the club has announced it's intentions to develop an EPL style world class home training base. We have also just announced the signing to one of the worlds leading European prestige auto marquees.
These two recent announcements really hammers home just how innovative and forward thinking and calculating the board of directors are who make the strategic decisions.

For me this new kit symbolises the ongoing transformation from a small suburban club to a AFL powerhouse. Which is positioning it's own brand with a level of professionalism which places it in a position to look eye to eye with some of the biggest sporting clubs on an international level.

I won't buy it, and 95% of this forum won't buy it, but we are the rusted on's.
Where this kit is a massive winner is with people who may be looking to assimilate into the Australian lifestyle. If they can find a tinge of familiarity which allows them to relate to our club instead of, or even in conjunction with a League or A-League team then more power to us.
It's the fact that it wouldn't look out of place in a soccer, cry-ball, roll-around-on-the-ground-like-you're-on-fire ball that puts everyone off. If it makes these fans appreciate a real sport, then great. However I think if it brings them into the fold, we will see more diving, more faking for frees, more manisfestations of the sport bartel-thomas-goodes ball that our game is becoming.

The away jumper is fine.

It's the clash jumper which is the problem: it has to be mainly white.
Who says?
Richmond and Essendon have yellow and grey clash kits. Why can't we?
The problem is that the dark clash jumper can't be worn v Crows and Eagles who have dark jumpers also with gold. If we nominated the home jumper instead of the away one for these games we eliminate the need to wear white.

Winning GFs helps.
We should never have blind faith in our club. All decisions should be questioned.
If the silent majority did not speak up in 1996, we would not have club.

I wish we would just stick to the predominately Gold or predominately Brown strips.

Although I still think this new Power Ranges strip is streets ahead of that abomination of a cartoon hawk.

It's the fact that it wouldn't look out of place in a soccer, cry-ball, roll-around-on-the-ground-like-you're-on-fire ball that puts everyone off. If it makes these fans appreciate a real sport, then great. However I think if it brings them into the fold, we will see more diving, more faking for frees, more manisfestations of the sport bartel-thomas-goodes ball that our game is becoming.
You saying that brining over soccer fans will influence the way the game is played?

Please never quote me again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back