News #SorryNotSorry

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies cut it when you're not doing much wrong. Other clubs have players facing criminal charges, doping etc. Other than Webster, which was a kids court matter predating his time with us, we do alright. Sheesh

Spot on. Even a non apology cut it in this case. The media express outrage and demand an apology, the player gives the token apology. The real world continues to not give a s**t.

At press conferences etc we have always been humble. Compare to Cats 2008. Acker said Cat players during a game were talking as if the cup was theirs already. Arrogance leads to complacency. Not sure if we are that complacent this year but doubt we are. We shall see

A culture problem initiated by our coach, captain and former captain.

I nearly choked worse than if Lake was after me when I read this.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...he-image-players-project-20150628-gi00u8.html
Hey Clarko. Here's another article you could pin up on the wall before Friday's game with strict instructions to ignore what this tool has written and play the game according to your instructions and the way we know best.......tough and on the edge.

I'm loving this. It's a throw back to the 1980's. They praise the club behind a thin veil of envy because of it's success and then jump all over us at the slightest incident. Those horrible Hawks. Us against the world all over again. I love it.

Same. Huge compliment, the Australian cricket team of 10 or so years ago were the best, most ruthless, most dominant cricket team in the history of the game, along with the West Indies of 30 odd years ago. As Jake suggests, people hated both of those sides at the time, but respected them immensely. And best of all, they got results.

Geelong were never compared to the Australian cricket team.

About the only sentence that has any relevance.

Hawthorn fans won't care what the rest of the world thinks. Fans of every club only want to win.

That's right Jake. We don't give a toss what you or any other sanctimonious journalist who is fattening him/herself on the AFL's teat thinks about the club or any of its players.

Quite frankly, I couldn't think of an easier job in the world if I tried than writing "opinion" pieces about AFL football. Just like arseholes, everyone has one, and your opinion stinks, just like the rest of them, Jake.

The still photo didn't look good
The vision showed a tangle of arms and legs at a stoppage
No it didn't. Yes goodes was trying to pull the player away from a confrontation, but he DID put his hands between the mans legs to do it, and the hand went where HE controlled it to go. It was as quick as any other Goodes sneaky little gut punch in the clinches, or one of his cheap little nipple cripples, but he DID do exactly what the photo and all of his years of prior form suggest.

The mean and nasty Hawks compared to those beautiful angels down at Kardinia park :D

Selwood shatters Guerra's eardrum 100 metres of the ball.
Scarlett punched Ballantyne in the face.
Chapman fined for a barney in the street where he hit a drunk woman.
Stokes hooking up his mates.
Motlop getting pissed a couple of days before Round 1.
Steve Johnson doing 120kmh in a 50 zone and any number of niggly, dumb on field incidents.

That's just off the top of my head. Does any of this s**t reflect on that club in my eyes?

* no, who cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's starting to get pretty funny now. In 2013 when it was all about the purple haze and we won I felt the media build up took away from my ability to celebrate the week
Last year when it was the Swans the greatest team ever and we smashed them the egg on the media monkeys faces just made it sweeter.

They know they can't do anything to stop the Hawks so they try to smear them to make their achievements seem less, bring it on you muppets, you keep counting insults I'll keep counting flags

3qv1xg.jpg

His argument is Hawthorn shouldn't be acting like the world conquering Steve Waugh cricket team or the revitalized Darren Lehman cricket team.

Instead he thinks we should act like the cricket team that got its ass kicked for a number of years but everyone liked, especially the opposition.

Yeah, no thanks.

The mean and nasty Hawks compared to those beautiful angels down at Kardinia park :D

Selwood shatters Guerra's eardrum 100 metres of the ball.
Scarlett punched Ballantyne in the face.
Chapman fined for a barney in the street where he hit a drunk woman.
Stokes hooking up his mates.
Motlop getting pissed a couple of days before Round 1.
Steve Johnson doing 120kmh in a 50 zone and any number of niggly, dumb on field incidents.

That's just off the top of my head. Does any of this s**t reflect on that club in my eyes?

**** no, who cares.

You forgot about their grace-less, sore loser of a whining & whinging young Captain, Joeline Duckwood.... Sooking it up big time in the media after each & every loss to the Hawks.....Way to set a club & team example Joeline....RESPECT!

I don't like your club one bit - something drilled into me since birth! - but you are right to be disgusted by this article, one of the worst I have ever seen. By all means get stuck into Lake, Hodge and Lewis for very ordinary misdemeanors which deserved long suspensions. But to link Mitchell into this - for a harmless sledge! - is taking the piss.

I hope he has 50 disposals against the Pies to prove a point.

I am pretty sure it is well documented that the Bombers injected something. So the worst thing Sam has done is remind them of it.
#nothingtoapologisefor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back