couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
Laurie Laurence the former Australian swimming coach when training Duncan Armstrong for the Seol Olympics found that he didn't have a strong kicking action so he got him to train in a different way than normal . Rather than getting Duncan to swim laps or use a kick board and go up and down the pool he took him to the diving pool and had him hold onto the side of the pool and remain vertical . He then handed Duncan 2 ,5KG weights which he had to hold with crossed arms across his chest while kicking his feet with a swimming action ,"not treading water" !!!
Armstrong has set a record doing this exercise which I doubt will ever be broken .
He regularly kicked for 20 minutes had a 2 minute break and would kick for another 20 minutes
Here is the challenge
I would like to here from anyone that is prepared to give it a go .
Firstly without weights and once you can do it for 5 minutes without weights then try it with 2 ,2 kg weights .
The benefits are as follows ;
1. You will improve your strength in toes , ankles , calf ,thighs , hips and midriff .
2. There is no impact on any joints as you would get from running .
3. Recovery from injuries to the back and muscles is faster than any other exercise .
4. There is no risk of injury to the back , hamstrings ,calf , ankles , knees or hips .
5. The main benefits are improved overall strength , extra endurance , faster recovery from injury and strength through the core .
6. No bulking of the muscles that you would get from pumping iron but better definition all the same .
So Are you up for it and I need you to have someone verifying your times as I will give a prize for the best time
The reserves coach of Peel thunder is going to use the exercise as part of their recovery session for the remainder of the season and then as part of the preseason training for next year so there is serious competition folks
So nominations will be accepted just remember the witness for the test .

Laurie Laurence the former Australian swimming coach when training Duncan Armstrong for the Seol Olympics found that he didn't have a strong kicking action so he got him to train in a different way than normal . Rather than getting Duncan to swim laps or use a kick board and go up and down the pool he took him to the diving pool and had him hold onto the side of the pool and remain vertical . He then handed Duncan 2 ,5KG weights which he had to hold with crossed arms across his chest while kicking his feet with a swimming action ,"not treading water" !!!
Armstrong has set a record doing this exercise which I doubt will ever be broken .
He regularly kicked for 20 minutes had a 2 minute break and would kick for another 20 minutes
Here is the challenge
Firstly without weights and once you can do it for 5 minutes without weights then try it with 2 ,2 kg weights .
1. You will improve your strength in toes , ankles , calf ,thighs , hips and midriff .
3. Recovery from injuries to the back and muscles is faster than any other exercise .
4. There is no risk of injury to the back , hamstrings ,calf , ankles , knees or hips .
5. The main benefits are improved overall strength , extra endurance , faster recovery from injury and strength through the core .
6. No bulking of the muscles that you would get from pumping iron but better definition all the same .
So Are you up for it and I need you to have someone verifying your times as I will give a prize for the best time
The reserves coach of Peel thunder is going to use the exercise as part of their recovery session for the remainder of the season and then as part of the preseason training for next year so there is serious competition folks
Wow. I might give this a go (as I'm a swimmer) but know that I will sink spectacularly :)

Don't let Hilly play, it wouldn't be fair.

Big+Legs+Small+upper+body.jpg

I reckon this is complete bull s.....t.

No way are the Freo players following your recommendations from that conversation you supposedly had with Bond down at the Freo market over a jam doughnut.

Yeah and Bond contacted you a week later and informed you of the players to adopt it.

Here is the challenge
Let me get this straight. You hold on to the side of the pool, start kicking in a normal freestyle manner and let go, with the kicking motion keeping you afloat? 5 mins is the first target? I'm swimming 3 times a week for 30 mins, can easily drop to 25 and give this a go.

When I hear that Webber has adopted it, then I'll know its possibly good and I'll give it a go. For now I'll stick to the Caveliere method.

I reckon this is complete bull s.....t.

No way are the Freo players following your recommendations from that conversation you supposedly had with Bond down at the Freo market over a jam doughnut.

Yeah and Bond contacted you a week later and informed you of the players to adopt it.
Jedi , BULLS##T

IF You Ask someone questions rather than jump to in and make statements you don't get shot down .
So For the record ,
After the Peel game I had a really good conversation with Sean Hurley whom I get on with quite well with after meeting him at Freo Oval during training not just since we recruited him but from when he first arrived as a try out. Let me remind you It was me that said after meeting him then that he was coming back .
We met on the boundary , I asked him how he was going and he told me about the hamstring and I suggested he try the L.L. exercise and then went into the change rooms where I had a short talk with Gerald Ugle and Karl Collard . I am friends with a couple of their cousins.

The players once they have showered and dressed come into the bar for presentations which is where I caught up with Weller and Moller , the conversations went along the lines of Hurls is going to do and exercise they might want to try , Weller was keen as mustard ,Moller was cool on the idea at first and then said he would give it a go . The Peel reserves coach Mark Pink heard the conversation with Weller and started asking questions .
The conversation was about the L.L. exercise and he stated that it might be difficult to get the boys to try it . I suggested that rather that telling the boys that they had to do it he should make it a competition and that a prize was on offer for anyone who could do it for a minute or more . I offered up the prize and he said that he would get the boys to try it during the recovery session on Monday.
Depending on how the boys handle it he and his assistant are keen to implement it into their preseason next year .
The assistant had a back injury a while ago and part of his recovery was to do the exercise with flippers on and he stated that it was the toughest exercise he had ever had to do and he saw the benefit the players could get out of doing it the L.L. way .

So know you know the facts .Harry and Salim were also in the room. Pete the Fireman an old golfing buddy of mine was there as well .

Let me get this straight. You hold on to the side of the pool, start kicking in a normal freestyle manner and let go, with the kicking motion keeping you afloat? 5 mins is the first target? I'm swimming 3 times a week for 30 mins, can easily drop to 25 and give this a go.
with your arms across your chest.

Jedi , BULLS##T

IF You Ask someone questions rather than jump to in and make statements you don't get shot down .
So For the record ,
After the Peel game I had a really good conversation with Sean Hurley whom I get on with quite well with after meeting him at Freo Oval during training not just since we recruited him but from when he first arrived as a try out. Let me remind you It was me that said after meeting him then that he was coming back .
We met on the boundary , I asked him how he was going and he told me about the hamstring and I suggested he try the L.L. exercise and then went into the change rooms where I had a short talk with Gerald Ugle and Karl Collard . I am friends with a couple of their cousins.

The players once they have showered and dressed come into the bar for presentations which is where I caught up with Weller and Moller , the conversations went along the lines of Hurls is going to do and exercise they might want to try , Weller was keen as mustard ,Moller was cool on the idea at first and then said he would give it a go . The Peel reserves coach Mark Pink heard the conversation with Weller and started asking questions .
The conversation was about the L.L. exercise and he stated that it might be difficult to get the boys to try it . I suggested that rather that telling the boys that they had to do it he should make it a competition and that a prize was on offer for anyone who could do it for a minute or more . I offered up the prize and he said that he would get the boys to try it during the recovery session on Monday.
Depending on how the boys handle it he and his assistant are keen to implement it into their preseason next year .
The assistant had a back injury a while ago and part of his recovery was to do the exercise with flippers on and he stated that it was the toughest exercise he had ever had to do and he saw the benefit the players could get out of doing it the L.L. way .

So know you know the facts .Harry and Salim were also in the room. Pete the Fireman an old golfing buddy of mine was there as well .

Bull s**t

Coulda not doubting your good intentions but the club wouldn't allow any player to attempt a new training method without carefully accessing its worth and safety.
The players mentioned where probably to well mannered to poo poo the idea and went along with the suggestion so as not to hurt your feelings.

Back