D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kew heavily reliant on Brazzale, as shown again on Saturday.

They would still be in D2, but for his 7 goals (out of 11) in the prelim final last year. Carey like performance!

Kew are well coached, but many of their foot soldiers are "good ordinary players" at best.

If Brazzale gets shut down, or injured they won't beat Ormond or Geelong.

Thank god they aren't still in D2. Much closer to a C standard side than a D2 one as the 12/1 record clearly shows.
In D1 every team has some good ordinary players. There are even some in A and B playing seniors.

4th place in this years finals series should be removed & we should just have a final 3. I propose a 60's type state carnival fixture approach. Each team plays each other once & then the two sides with the most wins / highest aggregate score play off in the GF. If a tiebreaker is needed to seperate the sides, we could go to which clubs supporters ate the most hot dogs at the carnival. This would also allow us to drop a week of finals footy which would allow the winning team more time to celebrate. Just a thought. Scholly is considering the proposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have given it up, he might have a run in the 2's with Mal. What a change from the flogs at Como by not wanting to get a Ressies flag for a change.
Sorry Bedford but I just wanted to keep everybody up to speed. In order for OGGS to maintain their D1 status, as we all know they will, come finals time they will do the reverse of what they've done so beautifully in the past. They are going to promote 10 of their clubbies & 2's players to the senior side.

regardless of the result in this game I still think SMS will make it and then depending on the finals venue may cause some major issues to the unlucky side who finishes 3rd

Sorry mate, unless the VAFA schedule Div 1 finals at Ferndale Park, there's no surface in Victoria which would enable SMS to get within 10 goals of the top three.

Sorry Bedford but I just wanted to keep everybody up to speed. In order for OGGS to maintain their D1 status, as we all know they will, come finals time they will do the reverse of what they've done so beautifully in the past. They are going to promote 10 of their clubbies & 2's players to the senior side.
Wouldn't underrate OGGS chances in the ones come September Beamsy. Just sayin.......;)

4th place in this years finals series should be removed & we should just have a final 3. I propose a 60's type state carnival fixture approach. Each team plays each other once & then the two sides with the most wins / highest aggregate score play off in the GF. If a tiebreaker is needed to seperate the sides, we could go to which clubs supporters ate the most hot dogs at the carnival. This would also allow us to drop a week of finals footy which would allow the winning team more time to celebrate. Just a thought. Scholly is considering the proposal.
If there was money in it the ammos would have a final eight!

Don't feed Vomatripe

Good pre round summary.
Winner of OGGS and Ormond will finish top 2.
OGGS in my opinion are starting to click their gears in motion and will win a ripper in the match of the round.
Last time they met, OGGS were better at clearances but were wasteful infront of goal.
Ormond, when they play direct footy are hard to stop but can overuse it coming out of defence.
Both teams have plenty of fire power up front.
Hopefully the weather God is kind and we see a finals like contest.
I tipped OGGS this week Bedford ya flog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back