Lewis Jetta and players with similar views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do West Coast fans realise their own coach spoke out against the booing?

West Coast coach Adam Simpson said he was surprised at the treatment Goodes received from the crowd.

“I’m a little bit surprised. I was sort of hoping we’d be a bit better than that,’’ Simpson said.

“I’m sure it’s the minority and for the most part we do respect Adam, and who he stands for and what he does.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...mate-adam-goodes/story-fni5fan7-1227457792554

Take the advice of your coach and be better than that next time.

I'd have no issue with the celebration if Jetta was doing more than getting cheap handballs around the back of teammates and then bombing long to no one in particular. But to do it when your team is getting belted and you won't stick your head over the footy is just pathetic. Worry about how you're going, and stick up for your mates on the field, before worrying about the crowd.

I totally disagree with what Jetta said. But I will argue until my death his right to say it.

I do show him some respect for him sticking up for his mate. Maybe he should tell his mate to be a bit less divisional and try and treat all Australians whether you have been here for 20,0000 years or 1 year the same.

Last edited:
The booing is disgraceful and embarrassing to be in the crowd with. Anyone who does it is a moron.

The Adelaide game was not immune to it either although much better.

If booing was linked to the content of his character rather than his skin colour then the booers are saying that Goodes has by far the worst character in the game because he gets by far more booing than anyone else. The only people who could possibly think that are racists.

His haters are either open racists or too stupid to know they're racist.

Wayne Carey slept with his mates wife, Barry Hall coward punched a player knocking him out cold. They didn't get a fraction of the hatred Goodes gets. Nothing Goodes has ever done has been as bad as them or dozens of other examples. His haters hate him because of racism, ignorance or an equally cowardly bandwagon effect.

With Jetta's response to Goodes being booed yesterday there have obviously been some interviews with said players and I was absolutely disgusted with Jetta's opinion and response.

When asked about the booing he said "The booing was a disgrace, I was sticking up for goodesy and the crowd needs to be more respectful"

I tell you what Lewis. You need to play football and pull your head straight out of your arse. First of all, your reaction, not necessarily the war dance but giving the fist to the crowd afterwards is directly against the rules of the AFLPA code of conduct as it is a direct rule violation to incite the crowd. The difference in admission is that Goodes said his actions which caused an outcry were a goal celebration where as Jetta has come out and said it was a deliberate measure to stick up for his mate and incite the crowd. He should and will likely be fined unless of course they decide to pull the race card and let it pass.

Now the real issue i have is that he is under the assumption that the crowd should be more respectful of the players. What an absolute flog. The only reason he gets to play football for money is because of the fans. Without the people going to the games, without the tv viewers, without the club members you wouldn't have the life you have today.

The Fans > League > Clubs > Players

How about you show some respect.

Get your hand off it

You want these players to bust their guts every week and cop abuse and vitriol but not respond with any emotion?

The crowd of course have no code of conduct or moral obligation to behave?

My initial reaction was jeez Lewis look at the scoreboard but when I realised what it is was for I thought it was fantastic, someone doing a little gesture as a get stuffed to the morons in the crowd who thinking paying for a seat entitles them to behave any which way, while holding the players up to standards of behavior they will never meet themselves

If Goodes was decked and Jetta came in to defend him, people would applaud him for flying the flag, but a dance get knickers in a twist

get off your high horse or dont go to the footy if you are that precious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta only became a flog when he cheap shotted Yeo from behind

But of course mentioning that makes me a racist
You've simultaneously attacked and played the victim card. That's borderline impressive.

Every fan vs swans every week is racist... Against 1 player... Who just happens to be aboriginal... Despite there being numerous other aboriginal players on the ground... Who aren't booed... Connect the dots and you'll find he's booed because he's a flog and nothing else.

If booing was linked to the content of his character rather than his skin colour then the booers are saying that Goodes has by far the worst character in the game because he gets by far more booing than anyone else. The only people who could possibly think that are racists.

His haters are either open racists or too stupid to know they're racist.
This is total bullshit. There are 20 other Aboriginal people out there every week that don't get booed. Goodes gets booed because he's a knob, not because of his skin.

West Coast crowd famously booed Tom Hawkins when he was being stretchered off.

At least Goodes did something to deserve getting booed. Namely being a twat. Goodes wants to be a politician but he doesn't want people who disagree with him to boo him. Well, boo hoo.

99% of Indigenous players do not get booed, yet one, who has shown to be a divisive figure and also has a repuation of being a staging sniper, does, and apparently everyone who boos him is a racist.

The racist term is thrown around way too easily to try and stifle debate.

If the Fremantle crowd was booing Goodes and Jetta responded by doing the war dance, I would applaud him.

The enmity towards Goodes all over Australia is disgraceful. It was particularly bad yesterday.
It's people like you that will ensure the booing continues. People who boo want to put the player off their game and when they see people having a sook about it, it tells them it's working. In my opinion the media should shoulder some of the blame for this, as they have made the booing into a big issue by telling people not to do it. People don't like being told what to do, especially by the hacks in the media, so they naturally will continue to boo even louder just to stick it to the man.

Jetta's celebration was inciting the crowd. No ifs nor buts. Miming throwing a spear at someone is as inciting as it gets. Just because he is Aboriginal does not excuse him of this. He will and should be fined, just like others have been before. For too long human beings have used other peoples atrocities to justify their own and this is why there will never be peace. Were the crowd idiots : Yes. Does this justify Jetta's actions: No. The rules are the rules.

People always act like idiots at football games. When the game begins they turn from reasonable people into unreasonable, one-eyed monsters. Myself included. Any decision that does not favour Fremantle is a bad one and I will make my displeasure known. For what it's worth I was at the game yesterday and I did boo Goodes. It was fun. It was delicious. The atmosphere was great. People complain that football is losing passion, but when fans suddenly show some the moral paladins come out shaking their heads in disapproval. Every sport has a villain. Adam Goodes is the villain of the AFL. I boo him because of his petulant behaviour on the field over the years. I also boo him just because it's fun.

I don't care in the slightest what the colour of his skin is. He could be purple for all I care. I know why I boo him. I personally find it offensive when people automatically assume that it's racist. How dare people make assumptions like that. There will always be a small number of clowns who boo because they are, but please don't lump me in with them. To do so is making assumptions about me based on the mentalities of a few and I don't appreciate that one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back