Lewis Jetta and players with similar views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony of demanding respect for the crowd when the crowd (or at least large segments of it) couldn't do the same.

I'm an Eagles fan, I was watching at home, and I was embarrassed. Eagles fans don't even have the thin excuse of 'dog acts' from Goodes in the past to hang their hat on. He has never done anything to provoke the reaction he got from the crowd. The crowd were booing either because everyone else is doing it, which is pretty bloody childish, or for more sinister reasons; there are certainly no footballing reasons for it. Jetta was well within his rights to stand up for his mate against a bunch of idiots.

Pull your heads in.

With Jetta's response to Goodes being booed yesterday there have obviously been some interviews with said players and I was absolutely disgusted with Jetta's opinion and response.

When asked about the booing he said "The booing was a disgrace, I was sticking up for goodesy and the crowd needs to be more respectful"

I tell you what Lewis. You need to play football and pull your head straight out of your arse. First of all, your reaction, not necessarily the war dance but giving the fist to the crowd afterwards is directly against the rules of the AFLPA code of conduct as it is a direct rule violation to incite the crowd. The difference in admission is that Goodes said his actions which caused an outcry were a goal celebration where as Jetta has come out and said it was a deliberate measure to stick up for his mate and incite the crowd. He should and will likely be fined unless of course they decide to pull the race card and let it pass.

Now the real issue i have is that he is under the assumption that the crowd should be more respectful of the players. What an absolute flog. The only reason he gets to play football for money is because of the fans. Without the people going to the games, without the tv viewers, without the club members you wouldn't have the life you have today.

The Fans > League > Clubs > Players

How about you show some respect.
All I can say is you have a most peculiar view of the world.

Your post is ample proof that political correctness is not limited to the political left. Lewis Jetta has to perform in a manner deemed appropriate for you, because you pay his salary?

Wayne Carey slept with his mates wife, Barry Hall coward punched a player knocking him out cold. They didn't get a fraction of the hatred Goodes gets. Nothing Goodes has ever done has been as bad as them or dozens of other examples. His haters hate him because of racism, ignorance or an equally cowardly bandwagon effect.

Barry Hall copped it from the WCE every time we played them, before and after he knocked Staker out.

He's a 'villain'. Footy has villains. Sometimes it's to one group of fans (Like Judd to WCE), some times it's to the majority (Ballantyne, Milne and these days, Goodes).

The footy media in this country is a small, small place. Nobody wants to get strung up as a racist ala Eddie or lambasted for an unpopular view (like Carey this week with Mitchell for example). So generally, they sit on the fence, piss in each others pockets and talk about how great a bloke everyone with any kind of profile is.

There's 'no place for booing in the game'....unless of course you are booing someone like Ballantyne, who doesn't play for anyone's old club....that's ok.

If booing was linked to the content of his character rather than his skin colour then the booers are saying that Goodes has by far the worst character in the game because he gets by far more booing than anyone else. The only people who could possibly think that are racists.

His haters are either open racists or too stupid to know they're racist.

Wayne Carey slept with his mates wife, Barry Hall coward punched a player knocking him out cold. They didn't get a fraction of the hatred Goodes gets. Nothing Goodes has ever done has been as bad as them or dozens of other examples. His haters hate him because of racism, ignorance or an equally cowardly bandwagon effect.

and if the booing were linked to skin color then naitanui jetta and a few others would be getting booed too.

and jetta will not get booed for this in coming weeks. he's not depsied for his self-righteousness the way goodes is.

So you think he is by far the biggest "knob" in the game? No rational person can possibly think that.
Im sorry, I must be blind...Can you point out where I said that?

It's people like you that will ensure the booing continues. People who boo want to put the player off their game and when they see people having a sook about it, it tells them it's working. In my opinion the media should shoulder some of the blame for this, as they have made the booing into a big issue by telling people not to do it. People don't like being told what to do, especially by the hacks in the media, so they naturally will continue to boo even louder just to stick it to the man.

Jetta's celebration was inciting the crowd. No ifs nor buts. Miming throwing a spear at someone is as inciting as it gets. Just because he is Aboriginal does not excuse him of this. He will and should be fined, just like others have been before. For too long human beings have used other peoples atrocities to justify their own and this is why there will never be peace. Were the crowd idiots : Yes. Does this justify Jetta's actions: No. The rules are the rules.

People always act like idiots at football games. When the game begins they turn from reasonable people into unreasonable, one-eyed monsters. Myself included. Any decision that does not favour Fremantle is a bad one and I will make my displeasure known. For what it's worth I was at the game yesterday and I did boo Goodes. It was fun. It was delicious. The atmosphere was great. People complain that football is losing passion, but when fans suddenly show some the moral paladins come out shaking their heads in disapproval. Every sport has a villain. Adam Goodes is the villain of the AFL. I boo him because of his petulant behaviour on the field over the years. I also boo him just because it's fun.

I don't care in the slightest what the colour of his skin is. He could be purple for all I care. I know why I boo him. I personally find it offensive when people automatically assume that it's racist. How dare people make assumptions like that. There will always be a small number of clowns who boo because they are, but please don't lump me in with them. To do so is making assumptions about me based on the mentalities of a few and I don't appreciate that one bit.
a) Do you think the haka is incitement? b) So now he gets booed because people who have no link to him at all say they are against it? Do you realize how pathetically childish that sounds?

If you think he is the worst person in the AFL you are either racist or ignorant. No normal logical rational person can think he deserves the amount of booing he gets.

99% of Indigenous players do not get booed, yet one, who has shown to be a divisive figure and also has a repuation of being a staging sniper, does, and apparently everyone who boos him is a racist.

The racist term is thrown around way too easily to try and stifle debate.

Trying to claim all the booing is due to his reputation as a sniper is just as ignorant as claiming it's all racist.

Everybody knows why he gets booed. He has provided enough reasons for the latent racists to boo him and claim they are booing him for other reasons. This is not the case for rioli etc. If all aboriginals were booed in a similar fashion these rednecks would have nowhere to hide and their racism would be exposed for what it is.

Having said that, Goodes is a flog.

West Coast fans booed?

How closeted is the Sydney players existence?

Eh, it's not an AFL season until we get the obligatory 'West Coast fans are a disgrace' article or commentary once a year. I was at the Essendon game when the crowd booed Watson, I didn't, but because I'm a West Coast supporter and was at the game, got labelled a disgrace, meh, my apologies to everyone in the football universe for not being able to control how other people act, I guess

If you were at the game you would understand how absolutely ridiculous Jetta looked and then coupled with his comments. The umpires, particularly with stuff behind play and out of camera shot played with 2 sets of rules in the first half yesterday. As one they were booed off the pitch at half time. Goodes was booed with no more than half the gusto, effort or loudness and in a show of how much people dislike him (not his race) there was as much laughter at his cockups as booing.

Cry me a river about the umpires - poor old West Coast lost the free kick count for only the 5th time at home since 2011......

Im sorry, I must be blind...Can you point out where I said that?
By saying the boos are because he is a knob. He gets by far more boos than any other player. If the boos are because of his character then people who boo him think he has by far the worst character in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By saying the boos are because he is a knob. He gets by far more boos than any other player. If the boos are because of his character then people who boo him think he has by far the worst character in the game.
Ok, but can you point where I said that he was the worst character in the game? I'll tell you what, ill give you the answer. No, no you cant. Why? Because I didn't say it.

Can't believe Jetta didn't bow down to his massa like a good little brown boy.

Where the hell do you get off expecting players to stay in their box and keep their opinions to themselves?

This isn't the roman farkin colosseum where slaves are being trotted out for your amusement.

If booing was linked to the content of his character rather than his skin colour then the booers are saying that Goodes has by far the worst character in the game because he gets by far more booing than anyone else. The only people who could possibly think that are racists.

His haters are either open racists or too stupid to know they're racist.

Goodes is still getting booed because the media etc keep wanting to bring it up and tell people they cant boo him.
Same way if a kid gets teased at school and then his mum comes in the next day and tells the kids not to tease him anymore. Kids are going to tease him more because of that.

There are no doubt a few bandwagon racists jumping on the opportunity but for the most part its because people think he's a twat and then everyone making such a big deal about how you can't boo him. I couldnt care either way but if you want it to stop, then stop bringing it up.

and on the Jetta thing, it would have been cool if the game was in the balance.

Every fan vs swans every week is racist... Against 1 player... Who just happens to be aboriginal... Despite there being numerous other aboriginal players on the ground... Who aren't booed... Connect the dots and you'll find he's booed because he's a flog and nothing else.

I guess Jetta will now join Goodes and Franklin as the only players in our team who are flogs.

All I can say is you have a most peculiar view of the world.

Your post is ample proof that political correctness is not limited to the political left. Lewis Jetta has to perform in a manner deemed appropriate for you, because you pay his salary?
The kind of person that claims cops can't arrest him because his taxes pay their salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back