Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, so the war dance should stop because some in the crowd regard it threatening and inciting the crowd.

Glad we made that point!!!! So when is the apology coming to the viewing public from the AFL?

If players want to war dance to each other they can knock themselves out, be our guests, we are just watching the f...game , so please leave us the f... alone!!!!

OK, I see why the mods keep closing these threads. I suggest you go back and take a look at what you have written. Not your finest hour I am sure.

Be Good little Puppets pay your money and Shut Up. Like sheep. It Amazes me, Nathen Buckley inciting violence at the Geelong game. Cats supporters will role out the red carpet for Goodes. They have no backbone or conviction

I still don't get how no one gets up and says it as it is. People do not boo Jetta, Rioli, Burgoyne, the Hill bros., Ryder*, Franklin*, Betts... They don't even boo Brett Goodes. They boo A. Goodes because he has become a flog in the last few years. He demands respect, but has lost credibility for his on field shenanigans. I would bet most of the indigenous players are sick of him also. I am a huge Indigenous Australian supporter, and know Australian still has some way to go with this situation, but the way Goodes is going about it is not helping anyone. Absolute BS situation.

(*except for against their old side)
It's funny how the AFL are playing the Race Card to get it to stop. I find that sad, even sadder to find people on bigfooty repeating the AFL's BS politically correctness. Afl only cares about money the less people they offend the more they can get, there's nothing wrong with being offended.

No doubt in my mind some of it's racist, part of me also thinks the others are using it to get inside Goodes head, take his mind off the game, seems to be working.

Are the AFL going to ask the fans to stop booing Crowley{if he ever plays again } and Ballantyne , because if we want it to be fair and even surely Gil wil request it.

interesting that swans fans are on their high horse after what happened to Libba at the SCG when he got carried off on a stretcher, but nah I'm sure none of that had any racial undertone about it :drunk:

Fairly sure most people are booing Goodes because he is a self righteous ******.

Gets booed extra because he's an Aboriginal self righteous ******. Complex dynamic, there's a racist element to it but you can't make blanket statements that the booing is blatant racism or that it's not racist at all, which is what some in the media want to do.

Well we know different people then. All I heard from Hawks supporters when Goodes won it was "what about Crawf"
Coincidentally the booing got louder after that event.

Utter nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets booed extra because he's an Aboriginal self righteous ******. Complex dynamic, there's a racist element to it
So don't do it. Don't associate with it and you won't get unfairly lumped in with the racists who are performing the exact same action at the exact same time as you with the exact same justification.

The booing of Adam Goodes is nothing to do with the colour of his skin!
He is booed because of his actions on the field at times. We have all seen it.
The only reason this is becoming a racist issue is because Adam Goodes makes it one!
Where is the uproar from Ryder about the Essendon fans booing him on Saturday night? There is no uproar of course, because again, it was nothing to do with Ryder's skin colour, or because he sought to make an issue of it.

If there was such a huge racist issue amongst the AFL fans, we would be booing all indigenous players, but fans don't.
Spectators only boo Goodes because of his on field behaviours, just like a lot of other big name players who just happen to be another skin colour.

I disliked Adam Goodes long before being made Australian of the Year and his invasion day comment, long before pointing out a child in the crowd for calling him an ape.

Staging for frees, diving into players/packs feet first and constantly whinging to umpires made me dislike him. This doesn't make me racist but also doesn't make me boo him.

It's the same reason i dislike Mitchell (cheap knees) and players that stage like Walters, Ballantyne, Leroy Jetta even my own Alex Fasolo.

And i will continue to dislike players that imo continue to do acts outside the spirit of the game.

And as a fan and a human being i am well within my right to do so.

Be Good little Puppets pay your money and Shut Up. Like sheep. It Amazes me, Nathen Buckley inciting violence at the Geelong game. Cats supporters will role out the red carpet for Goodes. They have no backbone or conviction
Why are you concerned that Cats fans will potentially act differently?
You sound like the school bully enjoying tormenting others and then running scared when the tide turns.

Ryan Crowley. Booed every time he touches the ball. Does he care? No

Hayden Ballantyne. Booed Everytime he touches the ball. Does he care? No

Jobe Watson. Booed for 4 weeks straight for doing nothing wrong. Does he care? No just makes him play better. his own dad said boo him all you want.

James Hird. Booed everytime he was on the big screen in the first 6 rounds. BY SYDNEY in round 1. He coudlnt give 2 shits.

70 + aboriginal players in the AFL. 1 booed and its racism? rofl.

He's not getting booed because he's aboriginal. That's far too simplistic.

He gets booed because he had the guts to call out racism when he saw it. He stands up for an issue barely spoken about. Something that has been ignored and played off ever since we got here. He's a public figure making this a public issue, and the crowds don't like it.

I am not going to stop booing especially when the likes of Robbo say it's not on.

Robbo is a slug, thinks he speaks for the people.

Hate every word that comes from his mouth including when he supports Hird/Essendon

He's not getting booed because he's aboriginal. That's far too simplistic.

He gets booed because he had the guts to call out racism when he saw it. He stands up for an issue barely spoken about. Something that has been ignored and played off ever since we got here. He's a public figure making this a public issue, and the crowds don't like it.

Why are indiginous players not booed during indigious round? Courtney Dempsey speaks out against racisim every year. Doesnt get booed.

patrick Ryder speaks out against racisim every year doesnt get booed.

lovett murray speaks out for aboriginal people and against racisim. Doesnt get booed.

mike long speaks out against racisim every year doesnt get booed.

Goodes is booed because he is a tool. Simple as that. He probably wouldve only been booed for a couple opf games if he wasnt such a flamingo about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back