Mike Sheahan West Coast 2006 flag tainted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. Most tainted flag I can remember. The Captain who held up the cup was a meth-head. Someone prove to me meth is not a performance enhancing drug.
What evidence do you have hat Meth is performance enhancing drug. Is it on the WADA or ASADA banned list? Does it make you handball and kick the ball better? Does it make you read the play better? The AFL have actually stated that the flag was clean. People need to move on. Yes Cousins is knob same with Kerr. However the Eagles haves since turned their culture and club around but get no credit for that, we now are a strong club with good values great leaders like Matthew Priddis and Josh Kennedy.

Mike sheenan is a bitter twat. No evidence. May as well come out and say you dont rate hawks back to back because we are doping.
Mate I agree he is a prat. My wife is a nurse and my best mate a doctor. They tell me that guys on ice are so stuffed mentally and physically that it completely impairs their judgement and movements. It would actually hinder your ability to play elite level sport. Whislt I agree that Cousins and Kerr were knobs and idiots and ruined our clubs name to call them drug cheats if bloody madness. As I say all time back your statements with actual evidence.

Who even knows what the Carlton guys were on? If they'd had a gutful of MDMA mixed with thirty beers on top and a few lines of coke to try and straighten out that's a different story isn't it? I'm not sure its a relevant example.

I'm surprised as a drug and alcohol counselor that you seem to suggest that it's an open and shut case and that one particular drug has the same effect on everyone that uses it?Maybe it's because you only see those seeking help that are at their lowest point? I've met people who use recreational drugs and are able to hold a conversation and participate in social activities as well if not better than they normally would.

This post isn't defending meth, it's a horrible bloody thing, but wheeling out the same old response that "illicit" drugs could not possibly be performance enhancing because the effects are all negative, severely overlooks that there are many highly functioning drug users in society.

Whilst the long-term affects are potentially dire and "results may vary", I'd be very surprised if there haven't been a few players at a level somewhere over the years that have had a line of speed and ran harder repetitively than they thought they could.

Yes effects are different ....but there's no way your be able to play a game of footy at elite level

Country game in dawsville 2nds .....West coast v swans ....no way

Is that clear enough for you

Dont mean to be disrespectful to Eagles fans but the day of the prelim against us Cousins was definitely on something. The way he ran away from opponents wasn't normal.
Have a look at how hard he trains mate it may give you an idea. To call him a drug cheat without proof or evidence is terrible. Garry Ablett Senior was on recreational drugs does that mean he was a cheat?

Have a look at how hard he trains mate it may give you an idea. To call him a drug cheat without proof or evidence is terrible. Garry Ablett Senior was on recreational drugs does that mean he was a cheat?
I watched him the entire season (because he was a very watchable player), and his running power was immensely greater than during the season. But anyway.

Dont mean to be disrespectful to Eagles fans but the day of the prelim against us Cousins was definitely on something. The way he ran away from opponents wasn't normal.
How do you suppose that "something" helped fuel him? what end? did it give the professional athlete an extra burst of speed? were not talking about robbo down at the amateur clubs looking a million bucks against part timers, We're talking about a 5 time all australian, Brownlow medalist, 4 time club champion. Of course he's going to crush opposition teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only there were a number of breaks during games where players could go down to the rooms.

Not to mention that stimulants can be used to train more effectively.

I still remember this game in Geelong. The difference before and after half time was... startling.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=2462

So the whole 22 or a large number went in a 1/2 time, injected up or whatever they do and then came out and... BANG! Sure.

Wasn't this the period of time when the Cats were extremely mentally week? Under-performing, Bomber under huge pressure, losing loads of weight etc?

He's obviously never taken gear. If he had, he'd realise that it messes with your biochemistry to the point where an elite athlete's performance and recovery would be compromised.

Campaigner. Why the hell is he bringing this up now?

He's obviously never taken gear. If he had, he'd realise that it messes with your biochemistry to the point where an elite athlete's performance and recovery would be compromised.

Campaigner. Why the hell is he bringing this up now?
"Everyone talk about this list i made!"

I watched him the entire season (because he was a very watchable player), and his running power was immensely greater than during the season. But anyway.

Yeah but there's a number of players today who stand head and shoulders above almost all others when it comes to certain skills. Just to throw it out there but not suggesting he is but Fyfe is clearly a contested beast. Forget his skills but his running ability and contested ability are miles ahead of everyone else. Is it reasonable to be suspect of Fyfe?

There are some that serve both purposes. Particularly those that help produce manic focus and effort.
At the expense of recovery and again putting in an elite performance the following week? Have you ever seen someone with a gear habit? If you had, you'd realise how ridiculous his assertions (and yours) are.

Amphetamines reduce blood flow to the peripheries, make your body burn through more calcium and other minerals and these effects along with the toll it'd take on one's mental health would compromise recovery.

If anyone used gear for a game, they would take longer to recover and not be able to train at an elite level. Ben only missed that one training session (iirc - could be mistaken) that led to his suspension (by the Eagles, not the AFL) and this in itself is evidence he was not using on a regular basis before and around games.

The same journo that happily left Cousins out of the teams of the 2000s for drug reasons but no mention of that in the teams from the 60s 70s and 80s?

Yes. Most tainted flag I can remember. The Captain who held up the cup was a meth-head. Someone prove to me meth is not a performance enhancing drug.

Seems like it would be hard to prove to you otherwise. Perhaps you should smoke a phat pip or two and try for yourself?? Post the results too if you can. Looking forward to what conclusion YOU can come to not what someone else has told you.

The same journo that happily left Cousins out of the teams of the 2000s for drug reasons but no mention of that in the teams from the 60s 70s and 80s?

Like I said in the other Sheahan thread, he was happy to include players such as Gary Ablett Snr and Wayne Carey (both known drug users) in his team but excluded Cousins. Yes Cousins has admitted to use through his playing days but does anyone in their right mind think that those other two (and many many other players) were not on the gear whilst on club lists.

Sheahan's argument is ludicrous and flawed. Not aware of anyone in media calling him out on it though.

Yes effects are different ....but there's no way your be able to play a game of footy at elite level

Country game in dawsville 2nds .....West coast v swans ....no way

Is that clear enough for you

No not really, but it's not something we'll shift each other on I don't think and neither of us could have conclusive proof either way anyhow.

Rec drugs aren't performance enhancing. Those who have never done them are usually the ones to not grasp this.

My take is that certain recreational drugs have the potential to be performance enhancing on an individual basis and that usually those that haven't done them or haven't felt the effects in that way are the ones not to grasp it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back