Mike Sheahan West Coast 2006 flag tainted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember those two Carlton players whom names escape me who turned up to training under the influence of something ....they could barely run or catch the ball

Wouldn't that just make them blend in with the rest of the Carlton players though?

He really is an uneducated simpleton regarding this subject.
He simply puts all drugs into one basket because he doesn't have the wherewithal to understand that not all drugs enhance performance, some actually * performance.
Frankly if West Coast could have kept it's players off the pot and meth we probably would have won another premiership.
The ability to perform at elite level whist simultaneously hamstringing yourself by doing recreational drugs is quite an effort.
Failing that they should have been at least pumping useful drugs like AOD 9604 and TB-4 into themselves.

No not really, but it's not something we'll shift each other on I don't think and neither of us could have conclusive proof either way anyhow.

My take is that certain recreational drugs have the potential to be performance enhancing on an individual basis and that usually those that haven't done them or haven't felt the effects in that way are the ones not to grasp it.

What would you like to know with regards to performance enhancement and specific drugs?

Yeh how could one of the games greatest runners possibly make a second year player in Van Berlo look like a .... hmmm second year player? Adelaide lost that prelim because wce worked harder. To say they worked harder because of recreational drugs that they were high on during the game is absurd, cant you see that? To say that Adelaide lost because one player of the opposing team went and smoked crystal meth during half time is even more laughable.
Wonder why they didn't get on it before the game, then they wouldn't have to catch up.

Hang on, I thought 2006 was already tainted because we made all the Auskick kids cry? How can you taint that which is already tainted? Maybe they'll cancel each other out and untaint it right back to square one.

absolutely not.

PEDs are not the same as recreational drugs.

But recreational drugs (meth, coke, pills) is the best appetite suppression drug there is which is why I don't understand why players don't get sanctioned after strike 1. The two pies players guilty of taking Clenbuterol is not worse than someone using meth for a few days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on, I thought 2006 was already tainted because we made all the Auskick kids cry? How can you taint that which is already tainted? Maybe they'll cancel each other out and untaint it right back to square one.
Don't forgot Lynchy swore on live TV
Helen-Lovejoy.jpg

Tainted.

I think some people are overestimating the performance enhancing abilities of amphetamines. They'd probably only give you a 2 or 3 point advantage in a game I reckon.

Well can we cancel out Sydney's 2005 flag as well? Hall played like he was on 'roid rage most of his career

Let me get this straight... so West Coast are doing well, so it's time to write an article bagging them out for a premiership 9 years ago ??

Which is tainted because some players took recreational drugs. Like players from every club, including *injunction club have done in premiership years.

So conclusion is every premiership is tainted, and Mike just doesn't like West Coast, right?

So the real question is... why is bigfooty giving this the time of day?

This is ridiculous. Unless taken prior to training or a game (which WCE have not been found of doing) recreational drugs would not provide any advantage to professional athletes. They'd likely make it harder to focus and keep in shape the days following their consumption.

Yes. Most tainted flag I can remember. The Captain who held up the cup was a meth-head. Someone prove to me meth is not a performance enhancing drug.
Going by Dale Lewis's comments in 2003 he said that 75% of all footballers were taking drugs, he must have had this from 1st hand experience within the team he had just retired from.

That means 2005 is tainted as well.

Most tainted flag I can remember if 75% of Swans players on the gear

Haha I remember that. We had just won the flag and everyone needed a reason to hang s**t on us. Just because four players forgot to shake the kids' hands after they just won a GF by a ****ing point.

What a joke this is. I cant begin to tell you how many AFL players take and use recreational drugs. To think that West Coast were the only team doing that in 2006 is a laughable. To this day, players are doing it from premiership teams. Think of the snow that gets blown after premiership victories and during the off season trips to places like Vegas. If members of society that are not AFL players are taking drugs, then the small sample of young men within the AFL system with copious amounts disposable income are doing it in abundance. The difference between the rest of the AFL population and West Coast Eagles players is that the Eagles players got nicely hooked and let it become a little bit to frequent, hence the side effects of this drug taking reared its ugly head. Performance enhancing? What was Cousins taking? Ice? Cocaine? Speed? I think from a performance enhancing perspective these issues aren't really that relevant. Wasn't Ben Cousins always a good player? And West Coast only won their Grand Final by 1 point? Hmmmm, not sure if those recreational drugs had much impact.
Cousins was originally on cocaine and pills, when he went off the rails is when he got stuck into smoking ice. Have some pills you may be up for a few days. Have some coke you'll probably go to sleep about the same time as your drunk mates. Have some ice and you can easily be up for a week.

To me the issue isn't the drug taking.

As with all AFL premiers with an asterisk, the question marks arise due to the league's subjective application of the rules.

Cousins & others from West Coast (including officials) should have faced sanctions earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back