Mike Sheahan West Coast 2006 flag tainted?

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to know what has made him change his mind exactly?
What new evidence is there to suggest drugs were used, and allowed for enhancement in performance?

He said he originally didn't think the flag was 'tainted', but, in his words: "the longer it goes (the longer what goes?), the more convinced I am that there is a taint attached to West Caost 2006".

So what new evidence is there?

“I think the evidence suggests that there was a drug culture that was rife at West Coast at that time.” - again, what evidence?

“Ben Cousins was out for 16 weeks and came back and played in Perth against the Swans and had 38 possessions ... now, you can’t do that. No one in the history of the game has been able to do that.”

I don't remember too many players being suspended by their club for 16 week. Why is it such a surprise he had a big game, surely he's not suggesting he was using that 16 weeks to take as many drugs as possible in anticipation for his big return to football? Considering he was at a drug rehab clinic and was heavily monitored during that time, I'd suggest that that game is a prime example of what Cousins is capable of when all evidence suggests he was definitely NOT on drugs at the time, and he produced his best game.

If only there were a number of breaks during games where players could go down to the rooms.

Not to mention that stimulants can be used to train more effectively.

I still remember this game in Geelong. The difference before and after half time was... startling.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=2462
Such a ridiculous post.

IIRC, the Cats extended their half time lead by 2-3 goals and it was not until deep in the third quarter when we pegged it back and ended up winning the quarter by a MASSIVE 3 points. Yeah, we really turned in on after that half time shoot up.

The truth is Harley got cleaned up by Waters and didn't return to the field, you had flogs like Nathan Ablett playing and the Cats were an absolute rabble that year. Please don't clog the thread with your s**t.

Mike Sheahan is king of the 'it is believed' or 'sources close to', without actually having anyone willing to go on the record to back his ludicrous claims. Usually when others follow up on the article to talk to original sources it becomes clear his article is complete bullshit, as I'm sure is the case here. It is time they brought back "The truth" newspaper, as that is the only publication fit to publish his drivel. You can safely assume anything with his name on it is complete bollocks.

If only there were a number of breaks during games where players could go down to the rooms.

Not to mention that stimulants can be used to train more effectively.

I still remember this game in Geelong. The difference before and after half time was... startling.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=2462

And I still remember when one of your players collected a conviction for dealing cocaine. Isn't he still on your list? Glass ******* houses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on this ?

I personally dont rate Mike but one thing he does not do, is normally shoot his mouth off without some form of proof. Why would he accuse the WC side of 2006 of having a unfair advantage? What will the AFL do about it as its a serious allegation from a person held in high regard ?

Will there be any fallout from this ?

Considering whats happened at Essendon, should there be an investigation by the AFL to prove once and for all that Kerr, Cousins and co did not play that year drug effected?

Discuss.

The AFL don't want to open pandora's box and won't deal with it unless forced to.

In Essendon's case, it wasn't the AFL but it was Gilard who needed a distraction and famously opened pandora's box. So I doubt anything will come of WC or other teams.

And I still remember when one of your players collected a conviction for dealing cocaine. Isn't he still on your list? Glass ******* houses.

caitsith01 should look into how Ezra Bray's life was ruined by drug use as well after a few years on the Cats list and sharing a house with a few team mates.

That's why the Geelong flags are tainted. And everyone knows about the Hawthorn rumours - more tainted flags.
Sydney 2005 is tainted because Barry Hall shouldn't even have been playing (tribunal dodginess).
Brisbane three-peat was injection-gate. Tainted!
WC 1992 and 1994 players looked too fit. Tainted!
Carlton 1995 salary cap. Tainted! (actually this one probably was)

They're all tainted I tell you! Everything is tainted!

Or maybe some blokes just played a game called football and won a flag in any given year.

There's no evidence of anything illegal being done on match day so i don't see how it's tainted.
It is because there is no evidence that it is tainted. If there was evidence it wouldn't be tainted, it would be stripped.

Why is it important over the years to make it known WCE flag is tainted, this sport is filled with PEDs and rec drugs so much so that all flags should be considered tainted according to Mike.

Sure Eagles may have been on party drugs more than other teams but that is still not known, the big difference between WCE and any other club when it comes to drugs is 2 events.

Ben ran from cops, Fletcher went too hard. I bet if Ben never got caught in public Fletcher incident would only be a rumour just like rumors of other clubs taking drugs.

Ben made it public in a big way, no other player has.

I have a few questions, the flag happened 9 years ago, why is it brought up this year? Is it because we knocked off Sydney and potentially make it to a flag? Are you trying to put more pressure on eagle's to try and screw their momentum?

caitsith01 should look into how Ezra Bray's life was ruined by drug use as well after a few years on the Cats list and sharing a house with a few team mates.

Indeed, especially this quote from Ezra's dad:
"Merran (Edwards) was their landlady and caught a group of them as high as kites but the club allowed them all to stay in this house that became the party house and they were taking ecstasy and all this stuff and now my poor son's the one that is suffering and no one wants to do anything about it."

I'll let caitsith01 join the dots on who Ezra's house mates were at the time (hint: they have a few premiership medallions around their neck). All clubs have issues with recreational drug use amongst its players - the one I support included - but Geelong fans are far from being in a good position to point the finger at WC with claims of tainted flags due to recreational drug use.

Such a ridiculous post.

IIRC, the Cats extended their half time lead by 2-3 goals and it was not until deep in the third quarter when we pegged it back and ended up winning the quarter by a MASSIVE 3 points. Yeah, we really turned in on after that half time shoot up.

The truth is Harley got cleaned up by Waters and didn't return to the field, you had flogs like Nathan Ablett playing and the Cats were an absolute rabble that year. Please don't clog the thread with your s**t.
Excellent fishing in this thread.

I see WC supporters are still missing the point in this discussion.

Maybe one of them could explain why Cousins & West Coast officials weren't sanctioned for him being tipped off and avoiding drug tests?

On the day the s**t hit the fan, Cousins didn't turn up to training because he was tipped off that drug testers were there. Should be an automatic ban but nobody was ever sanctioned.

There were multiple instances of where not only club officials turned a blind eye but also the AFL. That's why your flag is tainted.

That's why the Geelong flags are tainted. And everyone knows about the Hawthorn rumours - more tainted flags.
Sydney 2005 is tainted because Barry Hall shouldn't even have been playing (tribunal dodginess).
Brisbane three-peat was injection-gate. Tainted!
WC 1992 and 1994 players looked too fit. Tainted!
Carlton 1995 salary cap. Tainted! (actually this one probably was)

They're all tainted I tell you! Everything is tainted!

Or maybe some blokes just played a game called football and won a flag in any given year.

Carey is a self admitted coke user. That puts a line through 96 & 99.

I see WC supporters are still missing the point in this discussion.

Maybe one of them could explain why Cousins & West Coast officials weren't sanctioned for him being tipped off and avoiding drug tests?

On the day the s**t hit the fan, Cousins didn't turn up to training because he was tipped off that drug testers were there. Should be an automatic ban but nobody was ever sanctioned.
I suspect this to be made up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back