Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im saying there is no proof any of the booing is racist.

And I'm saying you're willfully in denial.

You are claiming there are admissions of people booing him because of racism in this thread but wont provide evidence to back up your claim.

There have been a number of people admitting to booing him because:

1. He singled out that 'poor teenage girl' for calling him an ape
2. He used his acceptance speech to label Australia day as Invasion day
3. He 'sooked' when McGuire called him a monkey
4. He is outspoken and a 'racist' for 'making white people feel bad about what happened to aboriginal people'

You can read I assume? Go read it. In this very thread and elsewhere. Inform yourself on the subject before shooting your mouth off and stop being a contrarian just for the sake of it.

Carey copped it big time after the Stevens incident, but he ignored it kept playing footy and it eventually petered away, but if you stand there sook up and tell people not to do because their "obvioiusly bigots" and thats not the reason you doing it then people will say f-you im going to boo you harder...
He copped it for sleeping with his best friend's wife and had the grace to cop criticism and boos. Absolute hero, he should have been handed Australian of the year.

The sad thing is, nobody knows why the are booing.

It started like a trickle of water and is now a tidal wave, football crowds are by majority sheep. I'm not about to call everyone racist as i'm sure most a just following the rest. It's the thing to do now, play Sydney and boo Goodes.

Fact is now it's become something much worse, a man has been pushed away from his workplace because of the constant harassment by sheep and the worst thing is it does give an outlet for those closet racists out there. Adam stood up for himself and this upset the bigots, they are now part of this 'in thing' and they will claim any excuse they can to hide their real agendas.

If the people who aren't racist stopped, then we can weed out the rest.

One thing is certain though, Adam Goodes is not the dirtiest player to play, he's not the biggest stager he's not the biggest whiner. he doesn't deserve those using these excuses to act the way they are.
hear hear. Well said mate.

I agree with you, calm down petal. I was merely saying to ManWithNoName that there's no proof that ALL of the booing is racially motivated. In fact there's no proof that any of it is actually, though I suspect some of it is.

And unless those booing are listened to, and not being drowned out by the screams of "racist" the motivation of each individual remains in doubt

sam newman acts like a baboon (oops racist??) infront of the camera but he's actually a very intelligent man. i'm not surprised you can't see that from all the way up there on your pedestal though...
Did he perform in blackface or not? He's thick as pigshit, mate, and same goes for his mate Dermie, one of the biggest thugs and racists the game has ever seen.

Oh and you are?

Typical leftie response - can't counter-argue a point made, attack the credibility of the the person making the point. Too bad you're an anonymous peasant with no obvious authority on the matter like the rest of us discussing the issue....

Keep fighting the good fight mate. There are plenty of good humans who have your back.

For Christ sake, where did I say that everyone who boos him is a racist?

I said that a large part of the booing is due to racial or racist reasons - such as him being outspoken on Aboriginal affairs. His singling out of the teenage girl for calling him an ape, his acceptance speech of Australian of the year likening Australia day to Invasion day, his 'carrying on' over McGuire likening him to King Kong, the recent ejection of a fan for telling him to 'get back to the zoo' etc etc etc

Also this:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Sydney-Swans-win-Carlton.html#ixzz3hLQrqmBh

To say there isn't a racial element to the booing is either extreme denial, or evidence of something far worse.

Agreed, there is a racial element at every footy match every weekend, you cannot deny that.

However we have premiers, coaches, players and luminaries such as Slobbo and Whately who are telling fans that they are being racist if they boo.

Yesterday I saw some footage of the North cheer squad giving him grief, a bunch of kids booing him with one rubbing his eyes to mock him for being a sook/crybaby. Those kids were not acting in a racist manner.

Jason Akermannis had an interesting take on Sky Sports news this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've been here that long too. Does that mean we have the same position?

It doesn't necessarily mean you are a racist. However, having read through this thread and seen all the coverage you're now well aware that there any many who perceive the booing to be racial, including the player himself. Therefore if you were to continue the booing from this point it's demonstrating that you're OK with being associated with an activity others see as racial abuse.

I said if I had booed (past tense) him not if I do it now. Told you I wanted to boo the 6 foot 9 white mercenary ......

I could just as easily invest my time into alternate sporting codes or lesser leagues.
Fans make the AFL, not the other way.
Players and coaches also make the AFL the thing fans enjoy. You say you could easily invest your time in another sport like its nothing but I sure as hell know you would be furious if say the AFL just kicked West Coast out. Or if West Coast just stopped playing, you wouldn't just say whatever and move on.

And I'm saying you're willfully in denial.

There have been a number of people admitting to booing him because:

1. He singled out that 'poor teenage girl' for calling him an ape
2. He used his acceptance speech to label Australia day as Invasion day
3. He 'sooked' when McGuire called him a monkey
4. He is outspoken and a 'racist' for 'making white people feel bad about what happened to aboriginal people'

You can read I assume? Go read it. In this very thread and elsewhere. Inform yourself on the subject before shooting your mouth off and stop being a contrarian just for the sake of it.

1+1 = 2 for normal people. But it means f*ck all for the racist troll apologists that try and justify their pathetic mindset.

Actually, let them keep booing, if they are brave enough to identify themselves at the footy. I know that most people who just bandwagoned it will be stopping.

Let's see all these brave people stand up in the crowd and keep booing.

I can't wait to see them get singled out themselves, and thrown out of games and then listen to their bleating 'I'm doing it cos I don't like being told what to do from the AFL and I'm not a racist, but he should apologise to the 13 year old girl who racially abused him'.

I'm also looking forward to these brave people not-following other common-sense rules that are out there like - wear a seatbelt, and stay below 40KM/H when driving in school zones.

I said if I had booed (past tense) him not if I do it now. Told you I wanted to boo the 6 foot 9 white mercenary ......
So do you agree with the future tense position?

And we have a mature national discussion on what racism really is.
Racism is thinking all people of another race are inferior to you solely due to their race. Booing someone who happens to be black is not racism like cheering someone who happens to be black is not racism.

Why is it that in 2015 'anti-racists' cannot help but inject race into everything?

"B-b-b-but he's black!!!"

I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back