Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't somebody please think of the children.

Well, yeah. That would be great, because this matter is bullying on a ******* nationwide scale. Terrible example for Australia's children.

We are reaping the benefits of the dispossession and murders though. You don't need to give your house to the local Aboriginal co-op, just acknowledge the fact for the sad event it was and show a little compassion for those who are still feeling the effects to this day.
Your surely taking the piss now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Mate, tribes 15 minutes apart have a different dialogue than each other.. There's no such thing as a historic war dance like the haka, it was completely made up.

I'm not being provocative, or trying to incite anything, I'm just pointing out facts.
I've already tried pointing this out multiple times to no avail.

Most mobs will have certain dances explaining their culture (including miming throwing spears) but they have nothing to do with war.

People are so ignorant of indigenous culture that they think Ingenous mobs are all connected somehow?

They're not at all, different dialects, diets, artwork etc and as you pointed out, going 15 minutes between mobs can be like going to a different planet.

Your surely taking the piss now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

No, funnily enough, that invasion he speaks of actually happened. In fact, it's actually this invasion that Australia was built upon. Crazy, right? :eek:

IMO it's definitely victimisation with a racism element. How else could you explain all sets of opposition supporters booing the same player.
Great that Richmond can take a lead on this issue.

Well, yeah. That would be great, because this matter is bullying on a ******* nationwide scale. Terrible example for Australia's children.

Oh please if a footballer can't handle a stadium of boo's being hurled his way he is in the wrong profession and should get out asap.

When I was a kid it was normal to scream "YOU ******* WHITE MAGGOT!!" at the umpires, then proceed with boos.

Also when an opposition player does anything that is interpreted as 'bad' or 'cheap' and we feel is poor sportsmanship then we will have a distaste for this player. Hence why I have always thought Sam Mitchell must be a horrible bloke and wouldn't have many true close friends, he's the kind of guy that doesn't mind stooping to the level of extremely poor sportsmanship and is why he gets booed and is considered by everyone except Hawks fans, an arsehole dickhead bloke. Also the needles gesture, shows how much of an ignorant weak human he is.

Do we boo him because he's white? No, because he's a dick.

If I was a colored man, I would call him all the curse words and if I said "******* WHITE MAGGOT!!" it would not be because he is white, but because I feel like the guy is a dick and that's how it's always been since I can remember, going to the footy.

And it's not just a Collingwood thing, all fans of all clubs are just as guilty of having the same or similar emotions that cause oneself to express them into words such as "farking white maggot" toward umpires, similarly we do this towards weak players *cough Lindsay Thomas *cough

We do not boo them because we are racist and as a majority, we never have. Of course you have a % of ignorant racist bogans, but they are a large minority and we should feel sorry for them because of their inferior ability to understand humanity.

We as footy fans, as a far majority, have never booed because of race and Adam Goodes along the media have created this "booing because of racism" and "If Adam Goodes feels the booing is racist, then it is" bullshit.

Dear Adam Goodes, yes there are racist people in the world and yes they are horrible humans that need to be educated.

But you Mr Goodes, and I'm sure deep down you can agree, at times, you are an obnoxious person.

You are like the kid in primary school with low self esteem that gets teased because you react and your reacting makes all the other kids feel power, so they continue to gang up and tease.

We the footy fans are the gang with power and you are that kid, keep reacting like a sook and it feeds our power.

Also Mr Goodes, the media love drama and you are feeding them, please stop and just get on with footy, ignore the boos and they would have gone away, or retire and they're gone, but react and create the drama that you're now so deep in and you become a public teasing toy.

No, funnily enough, that invasion he speaks of actually happened. In fact, it's actually this invasion that Australia was built upon. Crazy, right? :eek:
No one seems to be complaining about the normans invading England all that time ago... It's called life. Not saying it's right, but it's been happening since the birth of mankind.

It's like he's suddenly morphed into the indigenous Malcolm X overnight.
Yeah I dont understand it, Goodes is no Gary Foley. I mean If Goodes went around with this sign I could see the angst.

Gary-Foley-demonstrating.jpg

But all Goodes has done is highlight racial taunts against him, and that many Indigenous people feel the reconciliation process needs to continue while celebrating the Under 16 representative side during a politically themed round called "Indigenous Round".

Most mobs will have certain dances explaining their culture (including miming throwing spears) but they have nothing to do with war.

People are so ignorant of indigenous culture that they think Ingenous mobs are all connected somehow?

They're not at all, different dialects, diets, artwork etc and as you pointed out, going 15 minutes between mobs can be like going to a different planet.

Who cares if it's not an Indigenous tribe's dance? He's stated where it came from already; a group of teenage Indigenous kids. Rather than criticizing him for being a 'flog', perhaps you could give him some credit for engaging with local communities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it so hard to believe that a person of colour can be disliked for something that has nothing to do with their race?

Careful. SJW lynch mobs will call you a bigot unless you pledge allegiance to the Richmond cause this week of wearing indigenous jumpers to "fight racism".

When I was a kid it was normal to scream "YOU ******* WHITE MAGGOT!!" at the umpires, then proceed with boos.

Also when an opposition player does anything that is interpreted as 'bad' or 'cheap' and we feel is poor sportsmanship then we will have a distaste for this player. Hence why I have always thought Sam Mitchell must be a horrible bloke and wouldn't have many true close friends, he's the kind of guy that doesn't mind stooping to the level of extremely poor sportsmanship and is why he gets booed and is considered by everyone except Hawks fans, an arsehole dickhead bloke. Also the needles gesture, shows how much of an ignorant weak human he is.

Do we boo him because he's white? No, because he's a dick.

If I was a colored man, I would call him all the curse words and if I said "******* WHITE MAGGOT!!" it would not be because he is white, but because I feel like the guy is a dick and that's how it's always been since I can remember, going to the footy.

And it's not just a Collingwood thing, all fans of all clubs are just as guilty of having the same or similar emotions that cause oneself to express them into words such as "farking white maggot" toward umpires, similarly we do this towards weak players *cough Lindsay Thomas *cough

We do not boo them because we are racist and as a majority, we never have. Of course you have a % of ignorant racist bogans, but they are a large minority and we should feel sorry for them because of their inferior ability to understand humanity.

We as footy fans, as a far majority, have never booed because of race and Adam Goodes along the media have created this "booing because of racism" and "If Adam Goodes feels the booing is racist, then it is" bullshit.

Dear Adam Goodes, yes there are racist people in the world and yes they are horrible humans that need to be educated.

But you Mr Goodes, and I'm sure deep down you can agree, at times, you are an obnoxious person.

You are like the kid in primary school with low self esteem that gets teased because you react and your reacting makes all the other kids feel power, so they continue to gang up and tease.

We the footy fans are the gang with power and you are that kid, keep reacting like a sook and it feeds our power.

Also Mr Goodes, the media love drama and you are feeding them, please stop and just get on with footy, ignore the boos and they would have gone away, or retire and they're gone, but react and create the drama that you're now so deep in and you become a public teasing toy.
Sacrilege!

They just don't seem to understand that Goodes is a human being. I guess the only way some people will ever understand is if they are followed around their workplace and abused for months on end.
Some people are simply that lacking in empathy they are unable to view it in those terms.

We've seen examples of it here, having Goodes labelled a "sook" or "not having a backbone".

As I said, everyone - including professional athletes - have different emotional makeups, tolerance levels, breaking points, etc.

Goodes has clearly had enough and that should be reason for any decent, civil person to stop the booing.

It's funny you say that.. I played footy with a former Richmond indigenous guy, he was telling me how his family don't consider another indigenous AFL player a brother.. That his family are perceived a certain way by his elders and how they'd happily physically attack them given half the chance.

I was really intrigued about his stories, about little skipping dwarf men stealing children and taking them through the desert... I can't remenever all the stories but he told them with such passion.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here... There's no such thing as racism as there's only one race?

I would prefer to use the terms "Ethnic Hatred" or " Ethnic Ignorance"

What constitutes being a "race" is still a grey area - but as stated a vast majority of experts think that as humans fall under one species/subspecies category then we cant categorise humans into different "races" based on physical/genetic attributes - thus it would therefore mean that the term "racism" when used in a physical sense is kind of null and void.

That said some argue that the term "race" should be used in a social context to describe peoples/populations/communities/ethnic groups but again it is all a bit grey

So while we all contniue to argue back and forth the homo sapien devolutionary cycle has commenced turning and soon it wont matter because its likely that we will turn into mutant spuds without the ability to communicate our hatred anyway

You have a few skeletons in your closet, don't you. This is creepy as heck.

Oh please if a footballer can't handle a stadium of boo's being hurled his way he is in the wrong profession and should get out asap.

Why should a footballer have to be subject to that rubbish? You're there to support your team, not undermine the other team. The abuse is completely unnecessary, and it's clearly affecting Goodes. When does it become unacceptable? When it's too late? Is that when everyone realises?

Week...after week...after week...after week...after week.

No, actually, I think he's fully entitled to be pretty damned sick of it after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back