Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be relishing his role atm. Follow a gun midfielder around and hit/tackle him when he gets near it. As he gets better/used to the role will also feel more comfortable to get the ball and hurt in the other direction.

If he can either break even with said gun or even better, have more influence our midfield improves 10 fold.

Seems to be relishing his role atm. Follow a gun midfielder around and hit/tackle him when he gets near it. As he gets better/used to the role will also feel more comfortable to get the ball and hurt in the other direction.

If he can either break even with said gun or even better, have more influence our midfield improves 10 fold.
Certainly minimises his decision making and composure issues having a primarily defensive job, as well as picking up the running and ball-hunting habits of the best mids. And he takes the opportunity to win his own ball and link up when it presents itself.

Nex mission for BJ is to annoy Fyfe to the point that he loses his cool and ineligibilifies himself for the Brownlow.

Certainly minimises his decision making and composure issues having a primarily defensive job, as well as picking up the running and ball-hunting habits of the best mids. And he takes the opportunity to win his own ball and link up when it presents itself.

Nex mission for BJ is to annoy Fyfe to the point that he loses his cool and ineligibilifies himself for the Brownlow.

Not impossible. Pleasingly, he does seem to have a bit of c*** in him, niggling his opponent at every opportunity. He clearly got into Rockliff's head on the weekend and Fyfe only needs one more minor incident to get himself suspended...

Well Done Benny J. As a tagger you have reinvented yourself. I still have my heart in my mouth when you get a pill but you have been excellent in the role of stopper. Benny J is an example to anyone that yah never give up. That there is always improvement in yah. Kudos Ben. Proving a Turkey like Zondors wrong. :stern look

I'm really starting to believe that Benny is becoming a very important player for our team in a role that he will only get better at. Greenhead started the same way and maybe we have just found his unlikely replacement.

His ability to negate the opponents best mid has a double effect as it adds another to our mid rotation allowing Ben10 and JZ more time up forward.

This is also why Dumont is currently not getting a game.

Although not as vocal as many on this board, I was a doubter and am more than happy to be proven wrong. Keep it going Benny boy.

There's a nice little article about BJ on the North website. Talks about his preparation each week and how he'd focused on Beams all week and had to adapt to Rockliffe at the last minute.

Sounds like he's really taken the role as his own and knows his value in the team now. Only a matter of time before his offensive attributes appear and he consistently hurts opposition going the other way.

There's a nice little article about BJ on the North website. Talks about his preparation each week and how he'd focused on Beams all week and had to adapt to Rockliffe at the last minute.

Sounds like he's really taken the role as his own and knows his value in the team now. Only a matter of time before his offensive attributes appear and he consistently hurts opposition going the other way.
Confidence player to the max.

Not impossible. Pleasingly, he does seem to have a bit of c*** in him, niggling his opponent at every opportunity. He clearly got into Rockliff's head on the weekend and Fyfe only needs one more minor incident to get himself suspended...
We dont want a Crowley type! Jacobs is a pure tagger who doesnt resort to niggling becuase he isnt a no talent hack. You can excuse him for not having a bit of c*** in him when he destroys his star opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said in the GDT- Since he's found his niche has a real swagger about him. Gets stuck right in and knows he can keep a star player under wraps.

At one point it looked like they took him off Murphy because he was getting too much and Murphy went crazy for about 5mins, straight back on and not a peep heard from him after that.

In love with this guy. Looks super confident with ball in hand now. Had to look at the stat sheet and realised Murphy had 26 touches. Would have to be one of the most ineffective 26 touch games I've seen. Didn't notice him at all.

I liken Benny to a work experience kid who was given the wrong tasks first up and lost confidence in himself, now he has been assigned to duties that he can perform successfully, and hence his experience and confidence are growing, has things to work on, but what young player doesn't, let his education continue to bear fruit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back